Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Good result for us.

For me what's even better is that you can see Mourinho was totally the wrong choice for Spurs and with the pandemic I doubt they are going to sign many players. That means two teams traditionally in the top 6 or better in Spurs and Arsenal are there for the taking even if we have European football as a distraction next season. That means the potential to "break the monopoly" of top 4 / 6 is there for a few seasons in my opinion, though teams like Wolves are also well placed to take advantage.

I'm none too impressed with Man U either but the difference is that they can go out and buy world class players to eventually paper over the cracks. Fernandes has been a great signing and if they end up with Sancho (which they might well do) then all of a sudden despite having a fairly inept manager they are a force again.

But once again it makes me so happy to see how well our club is run. Over a 5-10 year period I genuinely think we could become a permanent fixture in the top 6. Yes it would take things like signing new commercial deals and the like, but so many of the fundamentals are already in place, whereas you can see they are not in some of these other clubs that are around us in the league table.

• Like 4

Draw is just fine , huge chance to put blue water behind us and those chasing the champions league now.

With that ridiculous penalty call , it felt like football was back !  

Looking forward to tomorrow  now 

Every chance that United - if they play like they did in the second half - will take maximum points from their next seven games before they face us (check out their fixtures).

We need to keep that gap as wide as possible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Man Utd are going to be be there or thereabouts come the end of the season, I just hope we have the bottle. 

Even if we hit relegation from at a point per game that would still require united to take 2 points per game, I think thats a tall ask.

12 pts for me and we have plenty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Shock horror evra thinks it’s a better result for Man Utd. 😂 

It is better for them than Spurs, keeps a 5 point gap. 

40 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Whats Jon Moss even doing giving that?

Absolutely staggering refereeing.

He's been making decisions like that for years.

Satisfying to see VAR being used effectively to overrule inept officiating.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1