Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Yes said:

SkySports might as well have been MUTV tonight 2 former Man Utd players as pundits a former player as commentator and a commentator who’s known for favouring United. 

It's because BT is Spurs TV.  They have taken sides.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Man U need to sell DeGea while he's still got some resale value, put Henderson in next season. 

Not even a year into his new contract.  What club would buy a declining player still owed nearly 100 million pounds?

DeGeaPay.JPG.31906305ff2724ecb8ca739b4c484f6a.JPG

• Haha 2

De gea went from being one of the most consistent and arguably the best keeper in the world (definitely in prem) to one who seems to make a dozen daft mistakes a season and one who's shot stopping ability was second to none to one with seemingly weak wrists. He was their player of the year 3 years in a row when without him they really would have been a bottom half team. Was sketchy as when he joined, became amazing and now he's just a mistake waiting to happen, I just don't get how it's happened to him. 

• Like 1

All the games so far have shown fitness issues or lack of sharpness for some players. The extra subs will definately suit those with deeper squads certainly in the first few rounds of games. Whilst we do have decent first choice stand-ins like Marc, Praet Fuchs etc, a couple of injuries and we might start to look a bit thin.

Edited by urban fox

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

What’s happening sun/mon/tues ??

We play twice before Man United. Sheff United play them on Weds after playing Newcastle, Wolves play tomorrow. If we can get six points we'll be in a brilliant position.

I think Chelsea and Wolves will win this weekend.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Even if we hit relegation from at a point per game that would still require united to take 2 points per game, I think thats a tall ask.

12 pts for me and we have plenty.

Hope so mate, 4 wins 2 draws and 3 wins bare minimum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Not even a year into his new contract.  What club would buy a declining player still owed nearly 100 million pounds?

DeGeaPay.JPG.31906305ff2724ecb8ca739b4c484f6a.JPG

****ing hell Ed Woodward is stealing a living if he’s allowing those sorts of contracts to be signed. 

Maguire is just plain average. We always looked like leaking goals when he played for us. He gets himself out of position far too often and is too slow for any top club. No idea why he was so hyped up when he played for us and now Man U is learning the hard way.

Cant believe some still say we need to replace him. I am just glad he got out of the way of our super Soy for a spot next to Evans.

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Maguire is just plain average. We always looked like leaking goals when he played for us. He gets himself out of position far too often and is too slow for any top club. No idea why he was so hyped up when he played for us and now Man U is learning the hard way.

Cant believe some still say we need to replace him. I am just glad he got out of the way of our super Soy for a spot next to Evans.

Harry’s problem is absolutely clear. He’s an intelligent lad and a good leader.

But he’s as slow as a cart-horse... he can only really shine in a back central three which compensates for his lack of pace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Do people genuinely think Utd are going to take maximum points from their remaining games? Mental. X 

No not at all, especially after seeing them last night. 

But until our first couple of games we also don't know what kinda form we'll start back in. We were garbage before that last game vs Villa, we've got a very shallow squad, we've lost a key player, we've got a difficult run in. 

It's concerning. It was certainly nice to be reminded yesterday that the chasing pack are still awful. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Harry’s problem is absolutely clear. He’s an intelligent lad and a good leader.

But he’s as slow as a cart-horse... he can only really shine in a back central three which compensates for his lack of pace

I’m not sure he’s an intelligent lad or a good leader.

9 hours ago, Corky said:

We play twice before Man United. Sheff United play them on Weds after playing Newcastle, Wolves play tomorrow. If we can get six points we'll be in a brilliant position.

I think Chelsea and Wolves will win this weekend.

???  Man U play Wednesday, we play Thursday ......