Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

No not at all, especially after seeing them last night. 

But until our first couple of games we also don't know what kinda form we'll start back in. We were garbage before that last game vs Villa, we've got a very shallow squad, we've lost a key player, we've got a difficult run in. 

It's concerning. It was certainly nice to be reminded yesterday that the chasing pack are still awful. 

A few people seemed to be saying that they thought they would? A win tonight and I’ll start to feel confident. It’s such a strange situation anything could happen I suppose. Part of me thinks we’ll steamroller Watford but then I also wouldn’t be surprised if Nige pulls something off. Basically, I have no idea. X

Edited by RumbleFox

Managers are going to be really challenged over the next few weeks. Players who haven't been injured won't have had three months off completely, you're coming back to a continuing season so a bad start doesn't leave 34/35 games to recover and no crowd to lift you if you need them.

Norwich was the most notable example so far of a team who really struggled to get a tempo going- I know they are bottom but they'd have looked at Southampton as the first game to get a good result or performance.

I do wonder, however understandable it was, if the uncertainty and calls not to resume have affected teams and their mindset. We'll see how the likes of Brighton, West Ham get on today to see if there's a pattern.

26 minutes ago, mucfox said:

Referee Jonathan Moss is a walking joke. He's a danger to PLfootball. The FA should retire him immediately...I can't see him anymore

What did he do wrong last night? Pens are referred to VAR aren't they? Hence the second rightfully gets overturned but at first glimpse I thought it was a penalty too. There's worse refs than Moss (Pawson and Taylor for starters). 

Since 'Project Restart' began this week it is evident that the pace is slower, may not simply be fitness and conditioning, but the implications of a nine game sprint. I'm also confident that bookings will be reduced and we'll see a greater leniency from officials minus the crowd pressure. 

The piped crowd sounds are absurd. They had the same obligatory second hand chant on a loop yesterday for Spurs v Man U, which to be fair though, in our case will add to the authenticity, 

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What did he do wrong last night? Pens are referred to VAR aren't they? Hence the second rightfully gets overturned but at first glimpse I thought it was a penalty too. There's worse refs than Moss (Pawson and Taylor for starters). 

Why didn't he book Lamela for that late tackle in the opening stages? It wouldn't stopped the subsequent fouling. 

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Ack they showed part of it. Nasty one that.

Must have landed so badly with all his body weight on his knee and/or ankle.

Was gine enough to give Maupay some verbals though lol 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think Maupay has done much wrong there. Would be disappointed with my striker if they did at least challenge for that. Clearly Leno doesn't agree lol

There's a very slow motion replay on Twitter which suggests Maupay had all the time in the world. He jumped just as Leno got both hands to the ball. A foul for a slightly late challenge, but he didn't cause Leno to land the way he did.

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think Maupay has done much wrong there. Would be disappointed with my striker if they did at least challenge for that. Clearly Leno doesn't agree lol

On first look I don't think he did much either.

Seemed to be more Leno wanting to stay in his box which caused more of an issue.