Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

How the **** did we lose to this Villa side over two legs? 

How did we manage to lose to Norwich for that matter? For all of the great results we've had this season, we've also had some absolute shockers.

Just now, Paddy. said:

How the **** did we lose to this Villa side over two legs? 

How did we manage to lose to Norwich for that matter? For all of the great results we've had this season, we've also had some absolute shockers.

How did Norwich beat Man City? How did Watford beat Liverpool? These things happen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

How did Norwich beat Man City? How did Watford beat Liverpool? These things happen.

A lot of teams have off days ..  but our problem is we have off weeks ...  and sometimes link them up ...   does my head in.

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yeah people are still banging on about it but every team has unexpected results both good and bad in a season. That's what makes it so interesting. Even liverpool despite being the machine they this season can lose to a team at the bottom. It's not just individual games either, it can be a run of results too.

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

A lot of teams have off days ..  but our problem is we have off weeks ...  and sometimes link them up ...   does my head in.

It's the off months that are killing us.

• Like 3

Just now, Countryfox said:

And far, far more consistent.

Aye, we have way too much inconsistency. No idea why anymore, as it cannot be down to youth forever.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Aye, we have way too much inconsistency. No idea why anymore, as it cannot be down to youth forever.

They just seem to switch off and lack the desire ...  Brendan says they just do not do the runs off the ball and make room for others ...  he drums it into them ...  they lack intensity and I think it’s a few players and it spreads through the team quickly.   ‘If he isn’t making an effort what’s the point in me doing it” ..

Just now, pmcla26 said:

To be fair the players haven’t gotten 5 years older in one season so think it is down to youth a bit at the moment. 

The inconsistency is annoying tho but we all have to take this young side for what it is and stick by it. It only needs a couple quality additions to help guide the youngsters out the dark, or us to get a win on Sunday and have some confidence going into the final stretch. 

Oh I agree, this group needs to grow as individuals and as a unit, it’s just frustrating sometimes as I want it now,now, now!! lol

Villa are only going to win this if Wolves let them. To be fair to wolves they are a super side, probably should be higher in the table but they look far more composed than we do. Strength all over the pitch. Wonder why they haven’t been in the top four all season.