Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Never known so many results go against us in such a small amount of time (obviously games being played more frequently), but having one team chasing you down is the norm but we have 4 on the chase and all bang in form.

Since the Norwich home draw in mid December we've took 17pts from 15 games.  That's lower mid table form and you can't perform like that for nearly half a season and not expect to be in trouble if you're going for a CL spot. 

It's actually quite amazing that we're still in such a good position. 

• Like 2

Big week ahead for us, I badly want to see us get a win and some confidence and swagger back. Minimum 4 points needed from these next 2 league games and ideally get a result away at Arsenal too and I'm still confident we'll be capable of top 4.

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Never known so many results go against us in such a small amount of time (obviously games being played more frequently), but having one team chasing you down is the norm but we have 4 on the chase and all bang in form.

We’re lucky to still be third because all those chasing teams DIDN’T manage to string a good run of results together pre-lockdown (i.e. other results all seemed to go FOR us for weeks on end).

Our form has been pretty dreadful ever since Rodgers signed that new contract in December. It’s up to us - not other teams - to consolidate and improve our position, and judging by Rodgers’ disastrous team selection and late substitutions v Brighton, alas I see no foundation for any optimism on that front.

The manager and the players need to start performing to their capabilities again, and pronto, or the season will end in a horribly disappointing whimper.

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Our fate will probably be decided by then. And if it isn't we don't normally do well on last day deciders.

Forest 2013 was pretty special, it feels like a similar run to back then as well. We were horrid for several months.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Forest 2013 was pretty special, it feels like a similar run to back then as well. We were horrid for several months.

As much as it was exciting I don’t think I can handle going down to the last minute of the last day again 

• Like 1

4 points minimum from Everton and Crystal Palace required. We do our job we finish 3rd, we don't and we don't deserve to finish up there, simple as that. It will be disappointing if we don't finish top 4 but I'm not worried too much. 

50 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

4 points minimum from Everton and Crystal Palace required. We do our job we finish 3rd, we don't and we don't deserve to finish up there, simple as that. It will be disappointing if we don't finish top 4 but I'm not worried too much. 

We will need 6 point from those 2 games or I'm sorry we can say bye bye to champions league.

But I'm not holding my breath I havent seen anything food from this team since the end of Dec.

Poor management and poor coaches are the reasons for this, it's clear to see we are clueless once we cross the halfway line to start a attack

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bundesliga has become an absolute goal fest, I wonder if the Prem will in the next few games? 

It's also the last game of the season so I guess that increases the chance of silly scorelines.  Still though, Bremen win 6-1 to climb out of the automatic relegation places, impressive.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bundesliga has become an absolute goal fest, I wonder if the Prem will in the next few games? 

Depends - sooner or later some teams in the PL won’t be arsed. I said before the lockdown if we work hard, the likes of Everton, Arsenal and Palace are ideal opposition.

Saddest thing about this scenario across the PL and the European leagues is that it’s completely aided the bigger clubs. Juve looked in threat of losing Serie A, Getafe and Sociedad were rocking up the La Liga CL places, Bayern ended up cake walking to their title. Take away the fans and the form of the smaller boys, it’s skewed in their favour. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

The 2 games v Wolves is probably the only time its worked to our advantage. Both goals really should have stood.

Overall though we have had way too many calls go against us. 

Both games at wolves. The Everton goal was ruled out by the linesman, var overruled it. 

The spurs disallowed goal. 

I can only think of one time that var has changed a referees on field decision against us. Thanks would be the man city penalty. Even that one the ref might have actually blown for it, I can’t remember. 

Yes var missed a few decisions but without it we would have had the same incidents missed.

If people genuinely don’t think Liverpool would have won the league without it, then theyre loons

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Plenty more poor behaviour on there too. Winning the title is no excuse, nor the 'always a few bad eggs'. Our title celebrations were able to go on without this behaviour. 

No doubt it'll somehow be the ambulances fault for being in the way.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Both games at wolves. The Everton goal was ruled out by the linesman, var overruled it. 

I can only think of one time that var has changed a referees on field decision against us. Thanks would be the man city penalty. Even that one the ref might have actually blown for it, I can’t remember. 

Yes var missed a few decisions but without it we would have had the same incidents missed.

If people genuinely don’t think Liverpool would have won the league without it, then theyre loons

I'm not having the Spurs game there - don't forget we had an offside goal ruled out to go 1-0 up. That game in itself kind of proves why the hypothetical scenario just doesn't work as you could make a case for any result without VAR.

The only really clear thing to me is since January we have had an absolutely mental number of handballs for penalties not given our way - it's not just 1 or 2 either. We were VAR beneficiaries at one point but we certainly aren't anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Also the Burnley home game where they VAR ruled that Evans was fouled for the disallowed Wood goal. I agree with you, I don't think it's favoured any team substantially more than another and definitely would not change the outcome of the league. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yanited managed one shot on target in 90mins against the bottom team in the league  ......  but they’re fantastic and we are sh1te .......

They really appear to have an issue breaking down deep blocks.