Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

16 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

@The Bear cant come and brag here if somehow they get champs league over us. Not allowed! Hehe

We're still more likely to get it over Chelsea than you. 

You are effectively 7 points clear of us with GD. With us playing Chelsea last game it could mean we only need to be 2 points behind them (5 currently) to potentially nick it off them. 

For that reason I hope they beat you in the FA Cup. It'll mean they have more games to worry about. Probably be in your best interests too, other than prolonging a winless run. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

You are effectively 7 points clear of us with GD. With us playing Chelsea last game it could mean we only need to be 2 points behind them (5 currently) to potentially nick it off them. 

For that reason I hope they beat you in the FA Cup. It'll mean they have more games to worry about. Probably be in your best interests too, other than prolonging a winless run. 

We are getting anxious though, because we haven’t come back too well. Reasonable point at Watford but a disappointing one against brighton. Chelsea are picking up wins, we certainly need an upturn in form, otherwise we will be out of the top 4. To be honest our form hasn’t been great since December, so will be difficult to hold off chelsea, yourselves and Man U at this rate 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Absolutely not. We need to win the fa cup to soften the blow of finishing 6th in the league  lol

Don’t think you can really point to VAR as a reason why they won it although it’s definitely been kind to them, they’re probably going to win it by over 20 points.

Massive failure VAR this season for me, not so much the tech but inconsistency in officiating. Watching the Bundesliga more often over the last few weeks has shown while it’s still not perfect over there it is far better.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Don’t think you can really point to VAR as a reason why they won it although it’s definitely been kind to them, they’re probably going to win it by over 20 points.

Massive failure VAR this season for me, not so much the tech but inconsistency in officiating. Watching the Bundesliga more often over the last few weeks has shown while it’s still not perfect over there it is far better.

It is bizarre that some allude to just that.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

it's patently false.  In 2015-16 our player payroll was under £50 million, about £600K per point compared to this "estimated £1m per point" for Liverpool

Maybe one of you with a Mail account could go into the comments and set them straight.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Wow Man City dropped 23 points to Liverpool in 15 minutes 😯

77CD5BC1-FE9E-457D-B9F3-0CE107DB08C9.png

Even if Man City won every game after that Liverpool still would have been ahead 

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

it's patently false.  In 2015-16 our player payroll was under £50 million, about £600K per point compared to this "estimated £1m per point" for Liverpool

Maybe one of you with a Mail account could go into the comments and set them straight.

Quite ludicrous to claim their win was economical when they broke 2 positional world records in the space of 6 months and have a squad that cost half a billion quid to assemble.

Are they actually stupid?! 

Yes, that is Liverpool fans aiming fireworks to one of the most famous buildings in their own city (not that particular video), as part of their celebrations, just cos there's some blue on the building. lol

Fvcking idiots.

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't think anyones saying VAR won Liverpool the league, but they certainly gained a lot from it throughout the season. Even without it they'd have won the league in another 2 or 3 games.

It's definitely helped them - obviously not saying it was just VAR but you've seen enough examples with the handballs in our games that officiating can dictate a LOT. They've never been under any pressure all season - I'd say VAR definitely helped take the pressure off them.

18 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's definitely helped them - obviously not saying it was just VAR but you've seen enough examples with the handballs in our games that officiating can dictate a LOT. They've never been under any pressure all season - I'd say VAR definitely helped take the pressure off them.

The Mane penalty against us, if they don’t get awarded that you could make the case they wouldn’t have gained quite the same momentum. They’d still have won it but the odd decision going their way really allowed them to become an absolute juggernaut rather just a ‘normal’ level of brilliant 

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Without the same VAR we would be behind wolves right now. So it’s foolish for us to say it. 

Its football, bad decisions happen, they always have 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Without the same VAR we would be behind wolves right now. So it’s foolish for us to say it. 

Not sure how you work out we would be behind Wolves with out VAR?

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The 2 games v Wolves is probably the only time its worked to our advantage. Both goals really should have stood.

Overall though we have had way too many calls go against us. 

• Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats
15 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The 2 games v Wolves is probably the only time its worked to our advantage. Both goals really should have stood.

Early game vs Spurs had some pretty good VAR fortune to rule out the Son goal that would have put them ahead. I’m sure there have been some others early doors as well.

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

The Mane penalty against us, if they don’t get awarded that you could make the case they wouldn’t have gained quite the same momentum. They’d still have won it but the odd decision going their way really allowed them to become an absolute juggernaut rather just a ‘normal’ level of brilliant 

They definitely had everything on their side. Don't get me wrong, they're a great team and Klopp is a fantastic manager, but everything seemed to go for them. But it does when you're top. When you're top you hit the post and it rolls in, when you're bottom it rolls out.

Look at how many penalties we had when we won it. Pretty sure it's a record for any PL season.

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I'm not seeing the relevance. It's quite ok for us to say VAR has helped Liverpool out on a lot of occasions this season. Yes it's helped us out for a couple of goals, but we've also lost out on about 6 penalties from handballs (including looking at the wrong handball in a semi final). Just because it's helped us doesn't mean we can't say it's helped someone else out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Why?

jota was offside and the ball wouldn’t have dropped like that if it hadn’t hit boly’s arm.  Every side has suffered from tough VAR calls ...which me as every team should have benefitted ......but over one season there will still be winners and losers .....over five you would expect it to even out .  

• Like 1