Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

29 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We'd be top 4 without VAR this season, no question. Us and Sheff Utd have come off badly from it. You have benefitted several times but also come off worse a few times. 

And if you had bigger balls you'd be a Leicester supporter.

No-one knows where teams would have been without VAR.

24 minutes ago, FIF said:

And if you had bigger balls you'd be a Leicester supporter.

No-one knows where teams would have been without VAR.

But Bears have bigger balls..!! They swing so hard when they stand,it makes them Growl so loud...lol

Auch Boo Boo,you have to realise its yogis beardiciment...

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

We'd be top 4 without VAR this season, no question. Us and Sheff Utd have come off badly from it. You have benefitted several times but also come off worse a few times. 

You reckon you'll get in the top 4 this season? You got Chelsea last game haven't you...

5/1 to finish top 4 this season.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

The problem with talking about who's been hard done by is that you don't know how VAR being there has affected the officials' decision making and the fact it's harder to overturn a decision.

I'd say that it's unlikely that your offside goal against us would have been picked up as it was so marginal but maybe the linesman would have given it had VAR not been there? But he was offside, no matter how marginal or inconsequential it was. Same for your disallowed goal in the game at our place. It was a handball so shouldn't have stood. I totally get why you'd feel hard done by on both as I'm sure all us Foxes would have been but they were the right decisions (if memory serves!) Equally we had the Son goal disallowed in our offside that was ridiculous and then the Iheanacho goal v Everton overturned (but he was actually a long way onside) so yes, clearly bits in our favour that otherwise wouldn't have been.

But then take out game at Anfield. TAA gets away with a stamp on Tielemans achilles off the ball that could have ended his season. Looked at by VAR and not overturned. Then they get the softest of pens with Mane. Because they are not objective decisions (i.e. offside or hitting a hand before a goal), technically we can't say with 100% certainty that we're on the wrong side of VAR, but I don't think any neutral would come to any other conclusion apart from Liverpool gaining the advantage.

I don't doubt that you've been more hard done by with VAR but the fact it's been so poorly implemented means that we're still here debating decisions that are subjective. And they need to make offsides 'clear error' rather than somebody's left nipple being offside :ph34r:

No doubt Liverpool win the title but equally, I think they are the only team I can clearly say have been a huge beneficiary (I've probably missed loads of obvious examples where you have been hard done by). Sadly, it's just another example that has reinforced the big club bias.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Why?

jota was offside and the ball wouldn’t have dropped like that if it hadn’t hit boly’s arm.  Every side has suffered from tough VAR calls ...which me as every team should have benefitted ......but over one season there will still be winners and losers .....over five you would expect it to even out .  

Yea clear offside and the ball hitting the guys arm giving a clear advantage to the goal scorer. I’d be smashing the FA HQ doors down if those decisions also didn’t go our way.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

You reckon you'll get in the top 4 this season? You got Chelsea last game haven't you...

5/1 to finish top 4 this season.

Unlikely. We aren't going to keep winning every game. 

I'll log off until full time I think.