Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

watching chelsea tonight they are playing at a miles better level than the lads have shown so far. its night and day.

Yet in the two games against chelsea they could of beaten them on both occasions and should have maybe

Its about attitude, chelsea were at it completely tonight, rodgers men need to start shaking the lethargy out and start playing, its now or never if top four football is to be attained.

18 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Money doesn’t always guarantee success 

Granted, but we cannot ignore that he spent 500 million and instead pretend it's just a "tiny" 74 million. If it wasn't a necessary factor, he would not have spent it. Great coach, but (just like Pep) the loads of dosh was a MASSIVE help! 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Final day madness then

Leicester v Man Utd

Chelsea v Wolves

Christ, I hope we have it sealed by then. 

Let’s hope so - it will seem weird with there being no fans in the stadium to create the atmosphere that this day (may) warrant and needs. 

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Hes spent almost 500 million, try 30 if you want to be lauded as some sort of genius 

Fergie used to spend £30mill on players in the early 00's. (His nearest rival, Wenger, never did). Veron, Ferdinand.... How much would that be now? £60m?/£70m? The last title he won, he spent £20m on Van Persie specifically to win it. He bought Andy Cole off Newcastle, their title rivals goalscorer... So you're discounting his stuff because of that? And what about Pep? Pep spent £60m just on one full back.

I don't know why people use money as a disadvantage. Why wouldn't Klopp, or any manager of a big club, spend it? Liverpool sold Coutinho for a stupid amount, Klopp knew he needed a better defence and he bought to get it (aside from Trent and Gomes).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Or it could be a damp squib if we've completely blown it. Got 6 ish games before then. 

I'm resigned to it.  

We are not looking like a Champion's League team and Chelsea and United are.  We will get overhauled.

The only consolation I can muster is that when it really mattered, with our one and only chance of ultimate glory, we did it.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know its a bit doom and gloom at the minute, but I'm an optimist. We know we have the ability, and from the lowest point, I'd like to think it'll be a kick up the arse. I hope there's been some uncomfortable conversations over the last few days about commitment levels, and they snap out of it.

I'd love to win the fa Cup, but this is free hit this weekend. Go out, try your hardest, and express yourself and try and play back into a bit of form.

Anything is possible, I will be positive if I seen us start the next game with a different mind set and formation.  A big part of the problem is we keep trying the same thing again and again, we have been worked out.

• Like 1

The scenes outside Anfield were always going to happen, should probably have closed off streets around Anfield but probably difficult given its location. Neutral grounds would have made zero difference. It would be the same whichever won the league.

I would describe Liverpool as ruthless, they make football look pretty simple really. Hard work, energy, leadership and obviously a fair bit of quality when it matters. They've created a formula which is pretty difficult to stop. I can't help but be bitter though, the celebrity 'fans', the ex players everywhere, the way the pubs around here are full of them whenever Liverpool play, the sense of entitlement, the office Liverpool fan who never knows who they are playing next and of course the years growing up in Leicester with Liverpool/Man Utd fans all over the place. But yeah, congrats to them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The scenes outside Anfield were always going to happen, should probably have closed off streets around Anfield but probably difficult given its location. Neutral grounds would have made zero difference. It would be the same whichever won the league.

I would describe Liverpool as ruthless, they make football look pretty simple really. Hard work, energy, leadership and obviously a fair bit of quality when it matters. They've created a formula which is pretty difficult to stop. I can't help but be bitter though, the celebrity 'fans', the ex players everywhere, the way the pubs around here are full of them whenever Liverpool play, the sense of entitlement, the office Liverpool fan who never knows who they are playing next and of course the years growing up in Leicester with Liverpool/Man Utd fans all over the place. But yeah, congrats to them.

Nahhhh...fcuk 'em

20 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

To be honest football fans celebrating is the least of the problems. We have had numpties on beaches crowded together, in parks, at protests, illegal raves and block parties.

We may as well just let us all back in the stadiums now to be honest the public have given up on lockdown send them back to work.

At least they are enjoying themselves and mostly not causing trouble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I know its a bit doom and gloom at the minute, but I'm an optimist. We know we have the ability, and from the lowest point, I'd like to think it'll be a kick up the arse. I hope there's been some uncomfortable conversations over the last few days about commitment levels, and they snap out of it.

I'd love to win the fa Cup, but this is free hit this weekend. Go out, try your hardest, and express yourself and try and play back into a bit of form.

I think you're on the wrong forum then :whistle:

I do sincerely hope you're right though.  We need to be demonstrating that ability on the pitch, and sharpish!

12 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Not that they really needed it, but certain VAR calls definitely went their way to the title win.

They had a huge bearing on the early results.  That Anfield last minute Mane shambles was a disgrace.

And the handball against Soyuncu in the other game. Not deliberate at all just like Dunks wasnt deliberate against us the other day. One given one not. We have had a few var decisions go our way as well but the inconsistency has been awful. 

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Same. 

We won't be in this rut forever and we won't always come up against teams like Watford and Brighton that are happy to sit back. 

Before anyone pipes up I know the issues were there before lockdown however I do think in this squad there will be characters speaking up and conversations had to get us to where we need to be i.e. Top 4. An FA Cup progression is a bonus but with how the league is panning out in odd circumstances that's the priority right now. 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Same. 

We won't be in this rut forever and we won't always come up against teams like Watford and Brighton that are happy to sit back. 

Before anyone pipes up I know the issues were there before lockdown however I do think in this squad there will be characters speaking up and conversations had to get us to where we need to be i.e. Top 4. An FA Cup progression is a bonus but with how the league is panning out in odd circumstances that's the priority right now. 

I would have still taken a place/point more from last season as it still would have been some form of progress. 

While I’d be very disappointed if we didn’t have European football this season, it’s still been pretty good by and large with a record 9-0 win and hopefully Vardy joining the 100 goal club. Not to mention the new training ground and eventually (:fc:) the King Power stadium expansion!

There’s still plenty to play for and we’re still 3rd.