Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Wolves are a well oiled winning machine which is unfortunate for us.

We don't get our act together we're looking at 7th place for sure.

Everton is basically must win.

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Lol if you think its going down to the wire then I admire your delusion 

One consolation is that if we are out of the running then the least we can do is do wolves a favour

12 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Last day of the season Chelsea Vs Wolves, Leicester vs Man Utd. Could be a crazy final day if we don’t buck our ideas up

Might be all over by then. If Man City to lose appeal, and Wolves to win Europa league, can we sneak into Europa in 7th place, or do we need 6th?

Edited by FoxFossil

1 minute ago, steflcfc said:

Watching Wolves this is the sort of performance we’re struggling to get over the line.

Not playing great but scraping out these 1-0 wins can be the difference between top 6 and a mid table finish.

Unfortunately, we have hit a purple patch for confidence and Chelsea Wolves and Man U just finding a bit of form at the right time to capitalise.

Once we get a win on the board since the re start hopefully our confidence can return.

They have such a clear system, game plan and players who are totally up for it. We need all 3 of these, sharp.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Listen, we sort ourselves out we don't need to worry about anyone else.

The fact Wolves are actually entertaining to watch and we are up there with one of the most boring teams in the league is my biggest issue.

But the bottom line is even if Wolves win it's still in our hands it's up to us whether we throw it away not what anyone else does.

I don’t find Wolves entertaining in the slightest. I think they got overplayed on their entertainment value. They stick eleven behind the ball. Look for an error or a counter attack. It works. They know their system. They do it well. When it doesn’t work they throw on pace to stretch the game. 13 draws suggests they are hardly a superb watch. 

Agree with the rest of your sentiment though. No point bemoaning our scenario etc when it’s all in our hands and we have a game in hand. **** up on Wednesday, yeah have a stress. 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I've watched both of Wolves' last 2 games and they've created 2 good chances in 180 minutes, both of which they've scored. They've not looked much better than us in reality. Solid at the back but hardly exciting going forward.

If they lose Traore they're half the team.

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I've watched both of Wolves' last 2 games and they've created 2 good chances in 180 minutes, both of which they've scored. They've not looked much better than us in reality - just 4 shots on target. Solid at the back but hardly exciting going forward.

21 minutes ago, matty98 said:

BT sports commentator saying Wolves are the best team that play 3 at the back in the premier league for a long time lol

Take it they didn't watch Chelsea under Conte.

I thought that too. Defensively we're better but they were miles better going forwards. 

2 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Might be all over by then. If Man City to lose appeal, and Wolves to win Europa league, can we sneak into Europa in 7th place?

No need cos we gonna win fa cup and qualify that way:scarf:

Just wish we signed some quality wide men when we had the chance. Still rotating Barnes, Gray, Albrighton is not top 4 quality on paper (mad that 2/3 have premier league medals)

Also buying Perez to fit a square peg in a round hole who wasn’t a winger is also not the answer.

Edited by les-tah

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Wolves are a well oiled winning machine which is unfortunate for us.

We don't get our act together we're looking at 7th place for sure.

Everton is basically must win.

We ain't gonna win there imo. Palace is the next game I look at and think we're capable of beating these.

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Just wish we signed some quality wide men when we had the chance. Still rotating Barnes, Gray, Albrighton is not top 4 quality on paper (don’t quote 15/16).

Also buying Perez to fit a square peg in a round hole who wasn’t a winger is also not the answer.

It's not, no doubt about it. None of them score or assist enough. We need quality wide.

Edited by Fox92

The difference right now is, even though Wolves weren’t at their best today, they still got the win and looked solid in doing so.

When Leicester aren’t at their best, we look like a average pile of shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

3 wins out of 3. I'd have snapped your hand off for that. 

All of them have been so easy as well. WHU/Bournemouth/Villa are all terrible, and with our defence we just need one or two chances and it's 3 points. 

Agree with that. None of those three shown the bollocks and fight of Brighton. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t find Wolves entertaining in the slightest. I think they got overplayed on their entertainment value. They stick eleven behind the ball. Look for an error or a counter attack. It works. They know their system. They do it well. When it doesn’t work they throw on pace to stretch the game. 13 draws suggests they are hardly a superb watch. 

Agree with the rest of your sentiment though. No point bemoaning our scenario etc when it’s all in our hands and we have a game in hand. **** up on Wednesday, yeah have a stress. 

You make some valid points about Wolves but I find that a hell of alot more entertaining that our keep ball shite.

It's funny you mention overplaying (Albeit in a different context) as thats all we seem to do, overplay.

Wolves remind me of us when we fun and good to watch certainly compared to now and the last couple of years of this 'transition' and 'possesion based football' anyway.

I dislike Wolves but also respect them, they are very mentally tough and do what it takes to win, they will keep just doing enough to win and you can't see us being able to do the same.

No way do we finish ahead of 2 of Wolves, Man It's and Chelsea, at this point we're finishing 6th. Sorry for the doom and gloom but all signs are pointing that way. Hope we can raise our game for a one off match Vs Chelsea on Sunday and get something from what's been a really good season all in all.

We must win Palace, Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd. Win them and we are fine, and to be honest if BR puts out and focuses on the right SQUAD for those games as opposed to the others then it should be guaranteed top 4.

• Like 1