Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

8 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

Watching Wolves this is the sort of performance we’re struggling to get over the line.

Not playing great but scraping out these 1-0 wins can be the difference between top 6 and a mid table finish.

Unfortunately, we have hit a purple patch for confidence and Chelsea Wolves and Man U just finding a bit of form at the right time to capitalise.

Once we get a win on the board since the re start hopefully our confidence can return.

True, but on slightly different days we would have beat Watford 1-0 and had a pen in the final mins against Brighton. As bad as we’ve played since the restart, there’s still very tight margins

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's mad that we drew that Watford game, should be winning it all day long after scoring in the 89th minute. Wednesday is a must win. If we lose we won't be getting CL IMO.

What if we lose against Everton and then win 6 in a row? 

our form is really bad. Still, 8 points could be enough

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

5 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Buzzing for Metalist Kharkiv next season. Presume qualifications start last week for that though? 

Metalist Kharkiv - sounds like a well oiled machine (or a 1980's Heavy Metal Band). We're coming for you, Kharkiv, we're coming for you. 

If you look at the matches Wolves have played since the restart, and the two we have, and compared results we're a point better off. They've been winning matches we've done and they have momentum where we've lost ours.

I expected them to win so not going to get annoyed, it's still in our hands and, regardless of any closing of gaps, we need a good finish to the season whatever.

Wolves winning isn't the issue, us failing to is. Time for everyone to decide what they want from this season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What if we lose against Everton and then win 6 in a row? 

our form is really bad. Still, 8 points could be enough

I mean yeah, then we'd qualify. But I'm more likely to have Jennifer Aniston in my bed by the end of the weekend than we are of winning 6 in a row.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

If you look at the matches Wolves have played since the restart, and the two we have, and compared results we're a point better off. They've been winning matches we've done and they have momentum where we've lost ours.

I expected them to win so not going to get annoyed, it's still in our hands and, regardless of any closing of gaps, we need a good finish to the season whatever.

Wolves winning isn't the issue, us failing to is. Time for everyone to decide what they want from this season.

Exactly, putting away the teams that we put away in our recent bad from 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's mad that we drew that Watford game, should be winning it all day long after scoring in the 89th minute. Wednesday is a must win. If we lose we won't be getting CL IMO.

If Sarr could finish we'd have lost that 1-0.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I mean yeah, then we'd qualify. But I'm more likely to have Jennifer Aniston in my bed by the end of the weekend than we are of winning 6 in a row.

Any chance of a threesome ????  I’ll bring the beers .......and a book for you to read ....

Just now, Gerard said:

Plenty on this forum over react.

When we're 10pts clear then CL is a certainty and now we're only 3pts clear we've blown it. Neither were true. 

Beat Everton and we'll be 6 clear with 6 to play. We've got to turn the form around but I reckon the players might realise that and Brendan might too. Good chance with a cup game tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Without the same VAR we would be behind wolves right now. So it’s foolish for us to say it. 

Its football, bad decisions happen, they always have 

I never claimed otherwise.

Although we've definitely been ****ed over since January time - much as the performances have been crap, we've had a suspicious number of handballs go against us now.

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

The Mane penalty against us, if they don’t get awarded that you could make the case they wouldn’t have gained quite the same momentum. They’d still have won it but the odd decision going their way really allowed them to become an absolute juggernaut rather just a ‘normal’ level of brilliant 

Correct. Remember that Man City home game, an absolutely crucial game being shrouded in VAR controversy that conveniently went entirely their way too.

After the way Spurs fans went on I am very reluctant to say any of this as I don't want to sound as sour as they were, but there've been too many little things fall Liverpool's way for me to think it's squeaky clean - Manchester United too in recent months. In a sport where there is effectively admittance from people with power that particular outcomes would be beneficial, I think it's quite naive to rule it out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If Soyuncu, Albrighton and Maddison could finish we'd have at least levelled or won the game. We created 4 good opportunities vs Watford and didn't play too badly, vs Brighton however we were abysmal and created very little.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Really?  Once they went three at the back they conceded  20 goals in 32 games .........

Yes maybe not statistically  but I think we look more solid and organised considering we don't have the level of players Chelsea had. 

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. If we had this or they had done the other is irrelevant. If Sterling hadn't hit the post man city would have beaten Chelsea.  If Albrighton shot had gone in off the post instead of across the goal etc etc. The point is these things did not happen so there is no point the only thing that matters is what actually did happen

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Yes maybe not statistically  but I think we look more solid and organised considering we don't have the level of players Chelsea had. 

You remind me of Atletico under Simeone from 2013-2017 era when they were just a pig to play against defensively.

• Like 2

Never known so many results go against us in such a small amount of time (obviously games being played more frequently), but having one team chasing you down is the norm but we have 4 on the chase and all bang in form.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Never known so many results go against us in such a small amount of time (obviously games being played more frequently), but having one team chasing you down is the norm but we have 4 on the chase and all bang in form.

I could put forward a point that if they weren’t bang in form they wouldn’t be on the chase ????