Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Wolves were always likely to beat Villa it's not changed anything for us. Our future is in our hands, Wolves isn't.

It always was and still is. Yes our form is worrying but it boils down to how much the players want it and whether or not we have the guile to do it. Ultimately it makes no difference what other teams do if we do the business ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If we get thumped by Chelsea tomorrow then I can't really see us recovering.

This run reminds me of when Micky Adams was manager and we kept on losing leads with no explanation. 

Absolutely ..  the match tomorrow is so important and couldn’t have come a better time.  If we can’t get motivated for a cup game and play crap our season is down the pan.   If,  however, they raise their game, then there is a glimmer of hope.  

People said it was over the top at the time but them first 2 game really were must wins as they should of been much easier... I can’t see us picking up form now and we are playing better teams.

lets pray to the gods.

Edited by les-tah

I’m most worried about this season because we had our best chance of reaching a cup final in years, and all we had to do was beat villa.... villa are wank, and despite putting 8 past them over two games in the league, we couldn’t rise to a cup game and see them off. That’s why I’m worried, I worry these lads don’t have the bottle to finish the job, as Nigel used to say, “soft underbelly” that is exactly what we have. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I said months back that Wolves were a better side than us and got absolutely hammered for it. It's a matter of when, and not if, them and utd pass us. We're not even close to their standard at present.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What’s there to be confused about? I think deep down most fans probably now think we won’t finish in the top four... if we want to, really want to, we will have to kick ourselves up the arse and start winning games again... which we don’t seem capable of doing looking at the first two games. 

have you done a study ?  In my house it’s 50/50 ......the younger one always thinks the worst will happen and the older one has seen a lot of water go under the bridges over the years .....

we should have won last Saturday having taken the lead in the last minute ...... we haven’t played well yet but this is a strange situation for the players who are generally inexperienced  ....but if there is anything in positive energy transferring through the ether and you are right about our fanbase then yes, we’re screwed! 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Grealish has lost his form ........villa in the championship unless that changes ....

Wolves are playing him perfectly. Stand off him and he can’t perform his main trick - the tactical dive. He’s become so obsessed with winning free kicks that if you stand off him he just slows the game down and allows the opposition to regroup. He’s become a 1 trick pony. And that trick is basically trying to cheat a free kick in and around the box. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m most worried about this season because we had our best chance of reaching a cup final in years, and all we had to do was beat villa.... villa are wank, and despite putting 8 past them over two games in the league, we couldn’t rise to a cup game and see them off. That’s why I’m worried, I worry these lads don’t have the bottle to finish the job, as Nigel used to say, “soft underbelly” that is exactly what we have. 

This is feasible ....... I hope not and getting across the line could make this side mentally 

14 minutes ago, matty98 said:

BT sports commentator saying Wolves are the best team that play 3 at the back in the premier league for a long time lol

Take it they didn't watch Chelsea under Conte.

They've been throwing praise at this team all game. Decent team no doubt, but they are playing struggling Villa

4 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Last day of the season Chelsea Vs Wolves, Leicester vs Man Utd. Could be a crazy final day if we don’t buck our ideas up

The desire and effort of the other 3 teams in comparison to us is chalk and cheese. We'll be out of the running by then. 

1 minute ago, whetstonefox said:

Last day of the season Chelsea Vs Wolves, Leicester vs Man Utd. Could be a crazy final day if we don’t buck our ideas up

If we don't start picking up points quickly it will all be over by then. Would not be surprised though if come the last day it will be a four way fight for 3rd - 6th with winners taking all. TV will be wetting themselves over that prospect now that the title is decided. Of course we know exactly which way the bias will be

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

have you done a study ?  In my house it’s 50/50 ......the younger one always thinks the worst will happen and the older one has seen a lot of water go under the bridges over the years .....

we should have won last Saturday having taken the lead in the last minute ...... we haven’t played well yet but this is a strange situation for the players who are generally inexperienced  ....but if there is anything in positive energy transferring through the ether and you are right about our fanbase then yes, we’re screwed! 

I think re the fan base it’s a mixture of all kinds on emotions. I’m disappointed and frustrated, that we can go nearly a whole season in the top four, and when it comes to the crunch we can’t do it. We folded against villa, and we might fold tomorrow.... I’m just fearful we don’t have the bottle to rise to the occasion. Yes whatever the end result, we would have had an excellent season, but we’ve been in an incredible position, we have an incredible opportunity to make the champions league for only the second time in our history... and it looks like we’ve all but thrown it away. Everton is a monster clash, lose that and I won’t know what to think. 

Watching Wolves this is the sort of performance we’re struggling to get over the line.

Not playing great but scraping out these 1-0 wins can be the difference between top 6 and a mid table finish.

Unfortunately, we have hit a purple patch for confidence and Chelsea Wolves and Man U just finding a bit of form at the right time to capitalise.

Once we get a win on the board since the re start hopefully our confidence can return.