Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Whether this is offside or not (I think it might be), ultimately they didn't even check this properly, with the red line as well. which I've seen plenty of criticism of VAR for on here. They spent too long pissing about with Perez, who didn't touch it. 

IMG_20200707_222959.jpg

Edited by The Bear

Just now, The Bear said:

As much as I wanted you to win tonight and am glad of the 2 points taken off Arsenal, I think you got away with that Vardy goal. VAR didn't even check it properly with the red line as well. They spent far too long on looking at Perez who didn't touch it.

Looks like his left shoulder is just ahead of Mustafi's left foot to me. Off or not, ultimately they didn't even check it properly, which I've seen plenty of criticism of VAR for on here. 

IMG_20200707_222959.jpg

Great decision :clap:

To be honest, I thought that as well at the time when they slowed it up but fine margins etc and we needed one to go our way after Kelechi’s goal was ruled out because the guy stood in front of him.

Most of the "shoulder" goals have been headers, haven't they? I'd imagine (rightly or wrongly) they'd look at the area of the body that got the touch.

But yes, we may have benefitted there.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

What is Geoff Shreeves on about to Arteta?

"Because it was a yellow card, you can now appeal the red card".

Eh? 

I assume he means because it was a straight red and not two yellows then you can appeal?

That two yellows rule is an absolute joke by the way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Whether this is offside or not (I think it might be), ultimately they didn't even check this properly, with the red line as well. which I've seen plenty of criticism of VAR for on here. They spent too long pissing about with Perez, who didn't touch it. 

IMG_20200707_222959.jpg

I mean, that is super super tight. I don't think you can truly say which way it should go based on that picture. The angle and resolution really isn't beneficial and I don't think you can categorically say Vardy was on or off - in which case the goal should stand if the ref didn't initially blow.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

IMG_20200707_222959.jpg

Reverse angle says a different story.

EcWpmdPWAAkdCKz?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4

Just now, The Bear said:

You can't tell at that angle where his shoulder is in relation to his boot. 

Obviously we can't, but they will have been able to very easily and decided that it was clear enough not to require further investigation

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Great decision :clap:

To be honest, I thought that as well at the time when they slowed it up but fine margins etc and we needed one to go our way after Kelechi’s goal was ruled out because the guy stood in front of him.

That does look a little fortunate in the world of forensic football. Makes me feel a bit better about that Iheanacho one the ref blew up for in the 1st half. 

• Like 1

Sky’s bias really coming to the fore the last week or so

They hate the fact Us Wolves and Sheff Utd are disrupting the top 6/7 and Spuds and Arsenal could miss out.

With the amount of money they have invested it’s all about worldwide viewing and they see it as a loss in viewing as we’re not as “desirable”

Var and refereeing decisions will be worse next season if the rules stay the same and they will want a so called normal top 6 to resume.

They hate the fact the 3 teams are  upsetting the apple cart.

• Thanks 1

The hell... We finally had some luck and VAR decisions going our way. Shame we couldn't nick a late winner.

Thought our defense looked fragile 1st half, as they sliced through us too easily. 2nd half much better. JJ is not Ricardo and we still lack some x-factor. Pleased with the 2nd half apart from the last 10 min where our young ones kept destroying momentum with hopeless decisions and thrilled to see VAR actually working and helping us. We still have a decent team here.  

10 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, I think asking King Power to contribute more, especially at the moment, is taking the pi$$ a bit.

are you trying to say they putting in a lot of money right now?

the accounts dont agree.

or did you mean because king power itself is in deep poo poo, which is a fair point.

Of course thats a problem, but the comment was from the respect of what could be done to improve, that shirt deal is poor value for the club currently.  Of course they could get another sponsor in its place instead if king power cannot afford it.

Edited by Chrysalis

9 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Doubt there's any prospect of King Power paying more anytime soon tbh. 

But generally I think you are right, the fact shirt and stadium sponsorship have not really increased much in recent years shows that keeping them in-house (if you like) has arguably been a drag-anchor on commercial growth. 

I was also slightly surprised that we have prioritised the training ground over a stadium expansion - but I think it at least shows original thinking and a laudable attempt to improve the team via young players and development. 

Overall I'm pretty happy. Also although Covid-19 will no doubt impede our growth, it might also act to level the field for a time because it will rob clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal of the advantage they have over us from matchday income, etc.  

I agree, and my post was made in a kind of pre covid manner.  Obviously economically things have since changed.  Especially for king power.

43 minutes ago, The Bear said:

IMG_20200707_222959.jpg

Have you heard of photoshop? You could prove it was offside conclusively with that. Anyway - shows Perez was on.

Edited by trabuch

The whole point of VAR was to overturn clear and obvious refereeing errors.

If you have to watch the bloody thing twenty times in slo-mo and still can’t decide then almost by definition the ref has not done that. 

We’ve gone from rooting out the clangers to shooting for perfection. VAR should get in the bin now. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

If you have to watch the bloody thing twenty times in slo-mo and still can’t decide then almost by definition the ref has not done that. 

We’ve gone from rooting out the clangers to shooting for perfection. VAR should get in the bin now. 

It's not VAR. it's how we are using the technology.

As you say if it takes dozens of replays to decide that someone is a fraction of a millimeter offside, then stick with the onfield decision and ignore the technology. It should be brought in when someone is a yard or so offside and it doesn't get called or vice versa. But saying that even in its current form, decision making has improved albeit the really tight calls are causing great debate and taking a great deal of time to resolve. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shailen said:

It's not VAR. it's how we are using the technology.

As you say if it takes dozens of replays to decide that someone is a fraction of a millimeter offside, then stick with the onfield decision and ignore the technology. It should be brought in when someone is a yard or so offside and it doesn't get called or vice versa. But saying that even in its current form, decision making has improved albeit the really tight calls are causing great debate and taking a great deal of time to resolve. 

It should be for clear and obvious stuff. By definition if it takes 20 reruns it's not clear and obvious, in that case the original decision should stand. They should time limit it.

VAR is actually working as intended and pretty much spot on. The issue is with the rules and the fact that some Premier League refs are inept willy pullers.

I would like to see more refs look at the pitch side monitor. I have a huge amount of respect for someone who can look at their decision, hold their hands up and say I got that wrong. Kavanagh did well with that tonight.

How decisions like the Mane penalty are allowed to stand I will never know, that kind of diving cheating cuntishness is what it should be used to stamp out, and give instant red for cuntish behaviour too.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

Guest Fktf
52 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I never get why people come to this conclusion. The problems you identify are fixable without binning off the whole thing..

Guest Fktf
29 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It should be for clear and obvious stuff. By definition if it takes 20 reruns it's not clear and obvious, in that case the original decision should stand. They should time limit it.

VAR is actually working as intended and pretty much spot on. The issue is with the rules and the fact that some Premier League refs are inept willy pullers.

I would like to see more refs look at the pitch side monitor. I have a huge amount of respect for someone who can look at their decision, hold their hands up and say I got that wrong. Kavanagh did well with that tonight.

How decisions like the Mane penalty are allowed to stand I will never know, that kind of diving cheating cuntishness is what it should be used to stamp out, and give instant red for cuntish behaviour too.

I wonder if half the problem with VAR is that they don't really want to highlight that a fellow ref got it wrong. I mean, VAR took a good few looks at the red tonight, and then referred instead of making a decision. Took Kavanagh about 15 secs to change his mind at the monitor.