Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Arteta a very sore loser! Very satisfying to have put Arsenal out of their misery by dashing their hopes of Europe after they'd been on such a good run. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch! 

I reckon Arsenal are my favourite team..

They are a team where one just Loves to hate them...

17 minutes ago, Fktf said:

I wonder if half the problem with VAR is that they don't really want to highlight that a fellow ref got it wrong. I mean, VAR took a good few looks at the red tonight, and then referred instead of making a decision. Took Kavanagh about 15 secs to change his mind at the monitor. 

Because he knew the rules....VAR official from London didnt...

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

are you trying to say they putting in a lot of money right now?

the accounts dont agree.

or did you mean because king power itself is in deep poo poo, which is a fair point.

Of course thats a problem, but the comment was from the respect of what could be done to improve, that shirt deal is poor value for the club currently.  Of course they could get another sponsor in its place instead if king power cannot afford it.

Yes, sorry, did not explain! I meant the bit in bold. Not a great time to be in duty free I would guess.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Whether this is offside or not (I think it might be), ultimately they didn't even check this properly, with the red line as well. which I've seen plenty of criticism of VAR for on here. They spent too long pissing about with Perez, who didn't touch it. 

IMG_20200707_222959.jpg

That angle doesn't show the Arsenal player at the back's feet. When you look at another angle you can see his foot is playing Vardy on.

Vardy would have been offside had Perez touched it, which of course he didn't.

8 hours ago, Fktf said:

I wonder if half the problem with VAR is that they don't really want to highlight that a fellow ref got it wrong. I mean, VAR took a good few looks at the red tonight, and then referred instead of making a decision. Took Kavanagh about 15 secs to change his mind at the monitor. 

I think that is a problem.

This just makes me have less respect for refs, if the admit sometimes the get it wrong first time and use the technology to good effect. I would appreciate that, I think most fans would. The backing up of bad decisions is bizarre.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

That angle doesn't show the Arsenal player at the back's feet. When you look at another angle you can see his foot is playing Vardy on.

Vardy would have been offside had Perez touched it, which of course he didn't.

It's Mustafi (in front of Vardy) who is the deepest Arsenal player. It's a good job his leg was so wide otherwise Vardy would have been off. When I first saw it I thought they would overrule it. It was mega tight and I think they didn't seem to forensically examine it.

Perez was clearly onside but what they were checking is if he touched the ball which would have meant Vardy was in a clearer offside position (new game situation and therefore new assessment of players being on/offside).

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
53 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think that is a problem.

This just makes me have less respect for refs, if the admit sometimes the get it wrong first time and use the technology to good effect. I would appreciate that, I think most fans would. Tge backing up of bad decisions is bizarre.

It's a weird case to make this point, since here the ref did admit he got it wrong by using the technology to good effect. I think the point being made is that either the VAR officials should have done that, or it should have gone to the ref in the first instance rather than dragging it out for 3 minutes first.

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

IFAB set to prove the use of five subs into next season. 

Another positive for the big clubs and a hit on the head for the rest 

Totally agree. It was weird that going into the restart a lot of clubs were moaning about the integrity of the competition and arguing that neutral venues/behind closed doors was too much of a change and would leave the final 9 games played in very different circumstances to the rest of the season. And yet the 5 subs change is by far the biggest real change in practical terms. 

It absolutely favours the big sides. Look at us in the cup vs Chelsea, no way Lampard makes 3 subs at half time if that's all he's got. 

Do you have a source for the above though? 

Must say, I do find it weird we've seemingly ditched the 3D lines halfway through the season.

I mean, I'm all for it, just don't think changing it halfway through without communicating was the best way to go about it. Honestly think using 3D lines Vardy could've been offside. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Totally agree. It was weird that going into the restart a lot of clubs were moaning about the integrity of the competition and arguing that neutral venues/behind closed doors was too much of a change and would leave the final 9 games played in very different circumstances to the rest of the season. And yet the 5 subs change is by far the biggest real change in practical terms. 

It absolutely favours the big sides. Look at us in the cup vs Chelsea, no way Lampard makes 3 subs at half time if that's all he's got. 

Do you have a source for the above though? 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-consider-2021-rule-18559986

It's came from the Athletic this morning too. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

IFAB set to prove the use of five subs into next season. 

Another positive for the big clubs and a hit on the head for the rest 

I was dreading this, the only reason it become a thing was it was clearly something they wanted to introduce and this was the ideal opportunity. More subs being allowed in extra time in the cups was a sign of things to come. Good on Wilder for only naming 7 subs though.

If they continue with the drinks break I'm done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If they continue with the drinks break I'm done.

Absolute hate these drinks breaks, it's fine if there's scorching heat and temperatures, but for most games it's been a bit humid or pissing it down. They've become little time outs similar to American Football and Basketball rather than actual drinks breaks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Absolute hate these drinks breaks, it's fine if there's scorching heat and temperatures, but for most games it's been a bit humid or pissing it down. They've become little time outs similar to American Football and Basketball rather than actual drinks breaks. 

That's given me scary thought, adverts during drinks breaks, the Sky dream

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Our first one should have stood too. I'd have been gutted if both were ruled out.

That really told me there is some kind of agenda against us. If it was the other way round that was have been scrutinised by VAR and Sky a hell of a lot more. We got 2 replays from one angle which too me looked like kel and their player ran into each other.

Just read West Ham are interested in Jesse Lingard and thought has there ever been a more West Ham signing than this. When he leaves Man Utd is our everything on West Ham or Everton as his home, though Ancelotti Is possibly a bit to smart to go for him.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2020 at 21:07, pmcla26 said:

Guardiola said before he reckons Foden will be the first £500 million player if he ever leaves Man City

And Sir Alex said that Phil Jones might become Man U's best ever player. 

Managers love to blow smoke up the arse of young players.

• Like 1