Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Mark Clattenburg on BT Sport hasn't got a call right yet. I think he even got the VAR keeper off line rule wrong (I was only half listening). 

Announced Zaha had to go for an eye poke then retracted it soon as VAR said it was fine.

To be fair to him that’s a PL interpretation..... most other countries check I think 

Surely that's a yellow card under the double jeopardy rule? Is he not trying to hook his leg round to win the ball? 

He's denying a goal scoring opportunity yeah but I thought the whole point was if its a penalty its only a red it you're not actually making any attempt to legally win the ball? Like if you've rugby tackled someone or hand balled it? 

Edit: genuinely asking btw 

Edited by Finnegan

David Loiuse :giggle:

Pre match Arteta spouting about must win to keep any hope of top four! they should be looking over their shoulder. they really are a shower and here i was hoping they might do us a favour and take points off chelsea

Just now, Brooksy said:

If that's a red then why didn't Fabianski get sent off against us?

I’d argue more about mee on Sunday .... no attempt to play the ball should be a red - not having the accident argument either as it didn’t save maguire there last season  ..... fabianski would argue that he was trying to save the flick past him but missed it 

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Pre match Arteta spouting about must win to keep any hope of top four! they should be looking over their shoulder. they really are a shower and here i was hoping they might do us a favour and take points off chelsea

Did Arteta really say that they were chasing a top four place? Surely he can't be that stupid.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oadby.fox said:

Was thinking I was imagining the double jeopardy rule and had to check again... was surprised to see a red there to be honest? 

not surprised to see david luiz and mustafi making a mess of it though!

Yeah me too was expecting a yellow 

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Did Arteta really say that they were chasing a top four place? Surely he can't be that stupid.

According to this mornings Metro and Evening standard that was certainly implied. I would really love to them go down, or at very least in a real relegation dogfight that went to the wire. Arsenal TV would just be pure comedy

• Like 1

Seem to remember double jeopardy doesn’t apply when it’s a clear attempt to stop a goal - like a handball on the line or like it was there, a clear attempt to stop it being rolled into an empty net.  The covering player only caught up because Luiz kept pulling Tammy back.  Seems fair to me.

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

According to this mornings Metro and Evening standard that was certainly implied. I would really love to them go down, or at very least in a real relegation dogfight that went to the wire. Arsenal TV would just be pure comedy

They've a few decent fixtures coming up though so that should keep the wolf at bay.

Would be quite something if it happened mind. And I say that as a former Arsenal supporter.

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

I wonder if that'd be enough to make my wife be a primary LCFC supporter instead :giggle:

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Haha did he really talk about top four? Must be living in some kind of alternate reality. Most of the lot on Arsenal Fan Tv are more grounded than him!

I confess I also hoped they might do us a favour against Chelski... :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Benji said:

Seem to remember double jeopardy doesn’t apply when it’s a clear attempt to stop a goal - like a handball on the line or like it was there, a clear attempt to stop it being rolled into an empty net.  The covering player only caught up because Luiz kept pulling Tammy back.  Seems fair to me.

If it's not a clear attempt to stop a goal what is it? I really don't understand that rule at all. A penalty is a clear goal scoring opportunity so it shouldn't be a red for a foul preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity. I just don't get it.

• Like 1