Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Klopp complaining about the effects so many games will have on his players? Yet happily takes them to America for three games, Switzerland and Scotland as well as other preseason games.

All of which where they sign lucrative contracts to play all of their first team players, but yeah are 38 game season starting early is the problem.

I don't think that would've been Klopp's choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

These are the same things Boro fans were saying about him a few years ago. Very physical, but no end product. I was surprised that a lot of people seemed to really rate him this time last year.

He'd had a good season at Boro last season and improved his end product with goals and assists. Probably why we decided to go for him. Pulis played their entire style around him on the wing though. Their tactic was give it to him and see what he does, whereas we aren't gonna do that. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

He'd had a good season at Boro last season and improved his end product with goals and assists. Probably why we decided to go for him. Pulis played their entire style around him on the wing though. Their tactic was give it to him and see what he does, whereas we aren't gonna do that. 

Ah, right. Yeah. I had a look and saw that you said he'd picked up player of the season awards. I didn't realise that at the time. I just remember all I heard about him before I noticed Wolves signed him was Boro fans complaining that he was so wasteful.

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Who haven't they signed? I'm getting nervous they might knock on my door!

Note to self: Don't answer the door.

They can knock on my door, they'd overpay £20 million and i'd score an own goal against the foxes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think that would've been Klopp's choice.

Maybe not, but is he complaining to the hierarchy at Liverpool about the effect of these long haul overseas trips and the amount of games his players are contracted to play in?

If not he is a massive hypocrite and needs to think about the underlying cause of player exhaustion, if that’s what he’s seeing.

Edited by Aus Fox

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Maybe not, but is he complaining to the hierarchy at Liverpool about the effect of these long haul overseas trips and the amount of games his players are contracted to play in?

If not he is a massive hypocrite and needs to think about the underlying cause of player exhaustion, if that’s what he’s seeing.

I don't disagree with you but it seems to happen every season. These big clubs go around the World and then the manager will complain about tiredness or to many fixtures.

• Like 1

It’s getting ridiculous the complaints, we’ve already thrown out 3 legged cup ties and replays - games that might bring some money to clubs that need it.

How about we return the European Cup to a 32 team 2 legged knock out competition, completely unseeded. 

This would be at least 4 less games for all teams! 

But wait, these are the games that increase wealth for the big teams, so we can’t do that...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everton sign Kean. They've actually got a proper striker there now and one better than Calvert-Lewin.

I think Kean is a very promising signing. Astute work from Everton. The EPL is going to be very competitive this season

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everton sign Kean. They've actually got a proper striker there now and one better than Calvert-Lewin.

Well he's still massively unproven. He could be their next Lukaku or their next Tosun really! Ihenacho was very highly rated when we signed him, and he's yet to light the touchpaper. Kean reminds me of him in that he's a player with massive potential, but he's got to go and fulfill it.

But in general I would have thought he will be a massive step up on Calvert-Lewin. Everton with a 15-20 goal a season striker are a very dangerous proposition indeed it must be said.

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Most of their fans seem excited  https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?374489-Danny-Drinkwater

I thought it was Brighton policy that wages not exceed £50K per week ... Chelsea would still be paying the majority of DD's if so.