Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Apparently Dybala has 'no intentions' of joining Man Utd.

This makes me smile.

You have to say, other than financially, why on earth would you in their current state?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

Surely Coutinho isn’t going Arsenal? Good job their back 4 is terrible or they’d actually be threatening for trophies

His wife will be absolutely incensed. Having to move back to England with the cold and the rain (at least that what I hear).

Don't think Arsenal will put up the cash myself. Have to pay him as much or more than Ozil. At least they'll have a player.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They only have one domestic cup competition in Italy, the Coppa Italia, which is equivalent to the FA Cup. We have the League Cup as well which I guess accounts for the extra couple of weeks. 

Quite but I forsee the day when the PL dumps the League Cup and then a couple of years later create the PL Cup maybe just for those not already competing in a European Cup to replace the Europa League Qualifier or something along those lines depending how the European Cups pan out with all the changes being mooted.

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They only have one domestic cup competition in Italy, the Coppa Italia, which is equivalent to the FA Cup. We have the League Cup as well which I guess accounts for the extra couple of weeks. 

It could be suggested that there are far too many European matches as well which means midweeks are taken out of the equation. But would those clubs want the reduction in revenue from playing two legged matches instead of six group games?

48 minutes ago, davieG said:

Quite but I forsee the day when the PL dumps the League Cup and then a couple of years later create the PL Cup maybe just for those not already competing in a European Cup to replace the Europa League Qualifier or something along those lines depending how the European Cups pan out with all the changes being mooted.

I think PL teams already play their second string in the league Cup (and many rounds of the FA cup) so I'm not sure the competition would be devalued further if they actually pulled out - I don't think they will though because whatever complaints they make about playing matches they won't give up the money.

46 minutes ago, Corky said:

It could be suggested that there are far too many European matches as well which means midweeks are taken out of the equation. But would those clubs want the reduction in revenue from playing two legged matches instead of six group games?

Great idea Corky. Of course Klopp and the rest would never agree to this either. 

The only possible course of action I could see is a reduction of teams in the PL by 2 thus reducing the number of games by 4.

They should stop their complaining and just get on with playing. They can all retire and live luxurious lives at 35 anyway. Try teaching kids 5 days a week.

25 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'd happily get rid of the League Cup. But it'd have a know on effect on squad sizes and young players would get even less of a chance than they do now. 

Nah, I'd keep it for the second point you make.

In reality, the big clubs playing in Europe only play their 1st team from about the quarters. 

Perhaps the only change I would make it having the semi final as one leg at a sensible neutral venue somewhere between the two clubs by way of respecting the fact its a midweek match.

On 02/08/2019 at 08:33, The Bear said:

I was hoping he'd be better, but he has no footballing brain, his crossing is erratic and he often beats himself trying to run too quick with the ball. 

There's a player in there somewhere but he needs to be hugging the touchline playing on the wing rather than up front or RWB which is the only two options he has for us. 

These are the same things Boro fans were saying about him a few years ago. Very physical, but no end product. I was surprised that a lot of people seemed to really rate him this time last year.