Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

On 19/05/2020 at 11:13, Tuna said:

Hull "bottom of the form table with 8 points from the last 14 games" City.

22 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Hull seem pretty insisted  on whet they want !

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/23/exclusive-hull-city-reiterates-opposition-championship-second/

Might be a lone voice !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52789239

Championship side Hull City have confirmed two people at the club have tested positive for coronavirus.

The English Football League earlier said there were two positive cases out of more than 1,000 players and staff tested at the 24 second-tier clubs.

In a statement, Hull said the pair were asymptomatic and feeling no ill effects, but would self-isolate for seven days in line with EFL guidelines.

They will both be tested again at a later date.

The Tigers did not confirm whether the positive tests were from players or staff.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

On 24/04/2020 at 16:54, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Weird but I guess if you were debating sacking a manager before all this then you might as well do it now nothing's happening and save on wages. Wonder if they'll go back to Nathan Jones.

For once in my near 30 years on this planet I've had a footy guess that's turned out to be right

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Not good news for Charlton.

Top players refusing to play.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52881671

If Lyle Taylor is looking for a move to a top championship /lower premier league team you would wonder how those would view his general attitude with this approach. Unless of course he has something lined up already...

Edited by Nalis

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

If Lyle Taylor is looking for a move to a top championship /lower premier league team you would wonder how those would view his general attitude with this approach. Unless of course he has something lined up already...

By the way Bowyer was talking it does sound like he’s got a life changing move in the bag.

What is QPR's problem?

I mean, you think a football club would be reasonably pleased about - you know - going back to play football?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52875186

QPR chief executive Lee Hoos says the club is "appalled by" and "vehemently opposed to" the English Football League's plans for the Championship to return on 20 June.

Hoos says there was "absolutely no consultation" on the matter, claiming clubs learned of the news just before it came out at 21:00 BST on Sunday.

"I am absolutely stunned by this announcement," he added.

No Championship fixtures have been played since 8 March.

"Incredibly, there has been absolutely no consultation with individual clubs nor with the Championship doctors' working group by the divisional representatives - or anyone else in the Football League - regarding this matter," Hoos told the QPR website.

"Having spoken with our director of football Les Ferdinand and our manager Mark Warburton, they share my views. We are vehemently opposed to this schedule."

From what I've read I think their issue is not getting back to fitness in time rather than the virus. If thats true then thats really on them not keeping their players fit during lockdown, as far as possible anyway. They're 6 points off the play offs which probably explains why it looks like they want more time to get back.

23 hours ago, Nalis said:

I don't think clubs really care do they? We've seen clubs "take chances" (shall we say) on players before, some work and some don't. Taylor has scored wherever he's been and with the way the Charlton statement looked it seems he may be talking to bigger clubs atm. I think Rangers were linked with him.

Few rumours floating around that the Leeds Leeds Leeds owners / representatives have had talks with the Qataris involved with PSG, going back a good seven months or so. I think that's common knowledge and has been reported before, but it actually looks like something might be happening now they're so close to going up - if they do, it's being floated that Qatar Airways will pay top dollar to be shirt sponsor in all with only the traditional big 6 having more lucrative deals.

Does seem as if Leeds might become a bit of a PSG feeder club mind.*

*If any of it's at all true.

Matty Fryatt is suing Nottingham Forest after he claims the club mismanaged the injury which ended his career.

The former striker alleges the club was negligent in treating an Achilles problem he suffered during the 2014-15 season and is seeking substantial compensation.

Fryatt - who says his mental health has been affected by the experience - insists his pleas were ignored and he was pressured to play through the injury which ultimately forced him to retire early at the age of 31 in 2018.

Forest have denied any wrong-doing and the club have said they will be "defending" their actions.

"It feels like my career has been taken away from me, stolen," Fryatt told PA.

"There was no care. You were an object. I was put under pressure to play and forcing me to play caused the damage which ended my career.

"I feel sick with it all, frustrated, sadness. I've felt alone, abandoned and let down. It hurts. How was I left in this situation?

"It's something which shouldn't go on and I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else.

"Forest's lack of understanding and their ignorance to it is so hard to take.

"They don't want to take responsibility and for it to be dismissed the whole time, it's like they weren't listening to what I was saying. I find it appalling.

"It was like, 'take the pills, get through it and you'll be fine'. I was taking pills in the warm-up, before the game, half-time. I wasn't thinking about the football, just 'when will it be over?'

"They didn't listen to the injury or treat it as serious. I was telling them how much pain I was in."

He did not play in his final two seasons at the City Ground after first suffering pain while walking on the pitch during a game against Birmingham in November 2014, just six months after playing in Hull's FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal.

He claims he was advised to train barefoot by Forest's medical team and alleged that holes had to be cut in his boot to ease the pain.

Forest said in a statement: "The club can confirm that it is defending proceedings which have been commenced by a former player Matthew Fryatt

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11727/12004085/matty-fryatt-suing-nottingham-forest-after-claiming-club-mismanaged-injury-which-ended-career

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

6th is really up for grabs. Bristol City look like they've bottled it again.

Anyone down to 12th can still get it. Always ends up so close in Championship!
Preston, Blackburn, Swansea, Bristol City, Millwall, Cardiff & Derby all vying for one spot with 3 points between them.

Looking at some of the fixtures towards the end of the season, could be interesting...

Millwall vs Blackburn
Cardiff vs Derby
Swansea vs Bristol City
Bristol City vs Preston

That last day one between Bristol & Preston could end up like our game against Forest when we won 3-2...