Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

England U21's

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

92.3% pass accuracy from 65 attempted passes with 4 of them considered "long" according to whoscored.com

That's how I remember it. There was only 1 bad pass that I remember from Hamza, hence why I was livid reading Sky's bullshit about "giving the ball away all game" Useless hacks. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sm1 said:

That's how I remember it. There was only 1 bad pass that I remember from Hamza, hence why I was livid reading Sky's bullshit about "giving the ball away all game" Useless hacks. 

But coaches again get it wrong...

Too many..obvious side passed from

Hamza,few positive forward passes,if this was under Puel ..many would shouting out in shame..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Sky are probably waiting for their chance to link him to Man Utd and open a market on him joining them or Spurs. Then they'll start giving him a fair rating.

I don't mind criticism but 3/10 and a description that is basically a lie. Utter garbage.

• Like 1

Feel for the lad, respect for him apologising but he shouldn't be taking all the blame.

They managed until 89 mins without him, down to 10 men. Blue tinted specs or not, the reason they lost was because of the stupid choice of substitutions not Hamza getting sent off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah no surprise - Hamza spends his time passing to centre back and full back while Foden is attempting to thread balls through to wingers and forwards. The fact Foden's figures are so high is impressive. 

Yeah just more to point out that "constantly gave the ball away" isn't just wrong, it's an outright lie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FIF said:

What a stupid over the top reaction. Hamza was coming back at speed to make up for two other players mistakes. He never should have had to tackle the guy. His speed and the attacker's move made his tackle slightly mistimed. it was a foul and a red but that's all. The guy will be playing in the final if France make it. 

Totally disagree. Horror tackle, potential career ender, there's a reason you are not allowed to do that. 

He's a good lad and a good player who had played well up to that point but that's a shocker of a tackle and he needs to accept his ban and learn his lesson. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

Totally disagree. Horror tackle, potential career ender, there's a reason you are not allowed to do that. 

He's a good lad and a good player who had played well up to that point but that's a shocker of a tackle and he needs to accept his ban and learn his lesson. 

I don't think you can have watched the match at all. It isn't a potential career ender at all. He has a bruised leg and will be available to play in THIS tournament. Not quite sure what your problem is here and wouldn't be allowed to say what I think it is.

Was a horrible tackle and quite lucky that Bamba's injury wasn't much more serious than it's turned out to be. Shame as he was having a good game up to then and he was forced to act by Tomori (I think) giving the ball away, but there's not really any excuse for making the challenge in the way he did. Like others have said, hopefully it'll prove a good learning experience for him.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm not defending him from the tackle as it was reckless but I get why it happened - I just don't think he's the biggest villain of the night. He's not the main reason we lost that.

Boothroyd's subs baffled me at the time and even more so now. What was he thinking?

True

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I don't think you can have watched the match at all. It isn't a potential career ender at all. He has a bruised leg and will be available to play in THIS tournament. Not quite sure what your problem is here and wouldn't be allowed to say what I think it is.

Many of us watched the match, and the tackle again on various replays, and think we saw by definition a “potential” career ender.  Red cards aren’t given after medical confirmation of a horrible injury, but for play which could result in one -- even though it usually doesn't.  I'll bet Hamza was equally as glad as Bamba that the outcome was not worse.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Not only was it a horrible challenge FIF, but it was incredibly naive to lunge in off his feet in the penalty area. It was only pure luck that Bamba wasn't more seriously hurt. However, I was heartened by Hamza's statement of contrition afterwards. He's a smart lad, who will learn from his mistakes, and be a better player for this experience.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

8 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Many of us watched the match, and the tackle again on various replays, and think we saw by definition a “potential” career ender.  Red cards aren’t given after medical confirmation of a horrible injury, but for play which could result in one -- even though it usually doesn't.  I'll bet Hamza was equally as glad as Bamba that the outcome was not worse.

WTF? Potential career ender!!!!

Every tackle is a potential career ender man. Fact is it isn't even a couple of week's on the sideline. Enough with the hyperbole. He comitted a foul and got a red for it - only after VAR - he admitted his mistake and felt bad.

Let's make football a non-tackling contact free sport just in case someone gets hurt. 

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Every tackle is a potential career ender man.  Let's make football a non-tackling contact free sport just in case someone gets hurt.

Yes, tackles (and missed tackles) are part of the game.  But not every tackle is a studs-up effort full force into a planted ankle -- a type that has ended careers, as you must know. 

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Fact is it isn't even a couple of week's on the sideline. Enough with the hyperbole. He comitted a foul and got a red for it - only after VAR - he admitted his mistake and felt bad.

Hamza is a clean player; nobody's calling for his scalp.  A clear, sensible rule was applied correctly.  This will be a lesson learned.

What exactly you are arguing ... that reckless/excessive force shouldn’t be prohibited because it’s part of the game?  or should be ignored if accidental?  or if the injured player can come back quickly?  or just if it's your favorite player?

If you want to keep using your posts to make those points, the floor is yours, have the last word.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Luttfox said:

Feel for the lad, respect for him apologising but he shouldn't be taking all the blame.

They managed until 89 mins without him, down to 10 men. Blue tinted specs or not, the reason they lost was because of the stupid choice of substitutions not Hamza getting sent off

The decision to play Calvert-Lewin & Abraham as inside forwards/wingers was ridiculous.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Yes, tackles (and missed tackles) are part of the game.  But not every tackle is a studs-up effort full force into a planted ankle -- a type that has ended careers, as you must know. 

Hamza is a clean player; nobody's calling for his scalp.  A clear, sensible rule was applied correctly.  This will be a lesson learned.

What exactly you are arguing ... that reckless/excessive force shouldn’t be prohibited because it’s part of the game?  or should be ignored if accidental?  or if the injured player can come back quickly?  or just if it's your favorite player?

If you want to keep using your posts to make those points, the floor is yours, have the last word.

Thanks for giving me permission to post. :D

My point is simple. Tackles and fouls are part of the game. Those, like Bryn who I replied to, who are going hyperbolic over a foul need to remember it's just part of the game. The guy was red carded and a penalty given (so clearly it was punished as much as it could be). Move on and stop the hyperbole.

I wonder if the fact that Sky have a book open on Wan - Bissaka joining MUFC has any bearing on the fact that they are obviously trying to deflect away from his appalling performance. The own goal was a joke. the attempt from the French player was going nowhere except straight into the keepers arms. Assuming he got a shout from the keeper then he shouldn't have been anywhere near it. If he didn't get the shout then some of the blame goes there too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I wonder if the fact that Sky have a book open on Wan - Bissaka joining MUFC has any bearing on the fact that they are obviously trying to deflect away from his appalling performance. The own goal was a joke. the attempt from the French player was going nowhere except straight into the keepers arms. Assuming he got a shout from the keeper then he shouldn't have been anywhere near it. If he didn't get the shout then some of the blame goes there too.

Major technique issue. Unable to trust his left foot. 

Bad tackle in silly place to challenge like that.

Really good up til then and trusted on the ball by entire team. Keen to take ball in tight spots. Yes, passes backwards and sideways, but that’s how you generate angles. It gives defenders time to see what’s ahead, midfielders and forwards time to find gaps. Coaching 101.

Wan was a wan out of ten for me. Looked uncomfortable attacking and not much better defending.

10 hours ago, urban fox said:

If you didn't know better you would think he had £10k on France to win 2-1. That was much harder to put in the goal than anywhere else.