Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Don’t want to harp on about it as he’s left but the difference between him and Gray is like chalk and cheese . Barnes has clearly worked hard on his game and listened to the coaching staff and just keeps on improving which is frightening considering it only his second Prem  season  . Gray just stood still . 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

There's criticism which is fine but some were saying get him back to the championship etc. which aimed at a promising academy graduate rubs me the wrong way. The same way some people crossed the line with Chilwell

Every club has a small minority of idiots. The same people that booed Ghezzal and also booed Iheancho. The same people that go over board with the criticism of the likes of Perez and previously Chilwell. It is a very very small minority of Leicester fans and is not the general consensus. Same at every club. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah absolutely, there's always that tiny nagging doubt that someone is destined to not quite make it but even when he wasn't scoring that frequently he was becoming a blistering direct player which I didn't really see from him in the academy. He has the world at his feet, he really does. 

To me he always seemed to be “too accurate” as the shots always seemed to go straight at the goalkeeper :sweating: Like he almost needed to be more erratic with his finishes lol

• Like 1

He scares the living shite out of opposition defenders and he's had a field day against nearly all he's played against this season. He's such a force for us and the pace, power and dynamism him and Vardy show when we break is too much for virtually every defence in this league. A genuine joy to watch and he's only going to get better.

Not to pile on, but Barnes is very similar to JJ in that you could tell as soon as he started getting time he was a good player that was only going to get better.  I can understand it, but sometimes patience is required and you have to not dig into young players that aren't playing up to what you think is par.  

Take a look at his goal again, as soon as Vardy starts to take the shot, Barnes makes his movement to get on the right side of the Villa defense and become an option - he anticipated the save and rebound - if he hadn't have started moving BEFORE the save, that wouldn't have been a goal.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Every club has a small minority of idiots. The same people that booed Ghezzal and also booed Iheancho. The same people that go over board with the criticism of the likes of Perez and previously Chilwell. It is a very very small minority of Leicester fans and is not the general consensus. Same at every club. 

I do not accept that it is a "very very small minority" on here.  It’s probably 20 or 25% of the volume of posts.  It’s like trudging through sewage at times, even when we are doing well.

Don’t downplay this aspect of our fanbase.  For me it is the one disappointing thing about the club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I do not accept that it is a "very very small minority" on here.  It’s probably 20 or 25% of the volume of posts.  It’s like trudging through sewage at times, even when we are doing well.

Don’t downplay this aspect of our fanbase.  For me it is the one disappointing thing about the club.

Sadly, society has a very large number of idiots.

5 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

During the title winning season I felt like Vardy was going to score every week, I’m feeling like that now with Barnes. 

The way he glides past and then powers away from defenders, without getting carried away is reminiscent of Bale in the season before he got his move to Madrid! 

Always a player when on the ball you get excited, he makes things happen has all the attributes needed to be truly world class. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingsX said:

It may seem like its a large amount of our fan base but I don't actually think it is. When we lose, some people do let emotions get the better of them and may say things that are a bit over board but the people that constantly slate individual players and the manager etc are in the minority. The booing of individual players was definitely a very small minority  

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I criticised him a lot last season and praised him a lot this season. He's been superb this season and pushed on a lot. But his finishing and lack of decision making and composure in front of goal last season was poor and deserved criticism, don't really see what the problem is with criticising him last season was. Thankfully he's improved it a lot this season and it's pushed him on to the next level.

Because people are far too quick to criticise, anyone should of been able to see the talent he has, criticism of a young player still learning his trade is pointless and just so negative.

Unfortunately they’ll always be fans who are impatient and just cannot see the wood for the trees, the criticism of him was naive and pointless, but that’s just my opinion.

Our 2nd best player 

most improved footballer in England this season, one of the emerging superstars of English Football 

This boy has it all ! 

from carrying out flowers for the 2016 trophy ceremony and forming a ballboy guard of honour that day to now having the world at his feet is a remarkable journey 

One of the most exciting young players in world football and we have to recognise Rodgers has helped bring him to the boil 

they are made for each other 

this boy is special, no young player at this club has given me goosebumps since Heskey, Barnes can go and eclipse Emile 

I have no problem with criticising players, nobody is above criticism, even Vardy, arguably my favourite ever Leicester player, has had me giving the odd sigh these last few weeks. 

Some of the stuff I read on Barnes last season still sticks in my head 'championship player at best' - 'no better or worse than damari Gray'. Truly baffling stuff. 

He's on 9 PL goals now, Maddison on 8 now. If you look at all the players who've ever got double-figures for us in the PL they'd be in great company if they got there. All are pretty unanimously well-loved by Leicester fans.

24 - Vardy 15/16

23 - Vardy 19/20

20 - Vardy - 17/18

18 - Vardy - 18/19

17 - Mahrez - 15/16

13 - Cottee - 99/00

13 - Vardy - 16/17

12 - Claridge - 96/97

12 - Ferdinand - 03/04

12 - Mahrez - 17/18

12 - Vardy - 20/21*
11 - Dickov - 03/04

11 - Ulloa - 14/15

10 - Cottee - 98/99

10 - Heskey - 96/97

10 - Heskey - 97/98

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

Only criticism of his majestic performance today was he always looked to cut in when getting a defender 1v1, they were expecting it and you just wanted him to pin his ears back and go for the line instead, he's well capable of it. Still, that may have been a tactical call by Brendan.