Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There were issues but you could see he had it. It was clear he needed a goal to get his confidence as the finishing and how he was playing didn't resemble how he played at West Brom.... it does now. 

Yeah absolutely, there's always that tiny nagging doubt that someone is destined to not quite make it but even when he wasn't scoring that frequently he was becoming a blistering direct player which I didn't really see from him in the academy. He has the world at his feet, he really does. 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah absolutely, there's always that tiny nagging doubt that someone is destined to not quite make it but even when he wasn't scoring that frequently he was becoming a blistering direct player which I didn't really see from him in the academy. He has the world at his feet, he really does. 

Yeah. You can just see even from a few seasons ago he is special and had that extra bit (that feeling that he has that extra second that others don’t have) and that extra natural talent that you can’t really train someone to have. He does have the World at his feet!

He's our best player at the moment and by some distance in my opinion. Every time he gets the ball, you get up off your seat, the way he drives at the opposition is awesome. That brilliant Scorpion kick touch which led to a foul by El-Ghazi was sublime.

All the opposition fans fear Jamie Vardy, but Harvey Barnes is our best attacking player.

• Like 2

Time to change the conversation from “best youth team product since Heskey” to “best youth team product since Lineker”.

Absolutely electric and still has lots of room to improve.

Another great performance from him today. He's starting to settle into the role where he's sees thing early and has the confidence to take it on.

He is developing a good understanding with Maddison and Thomas in how to play around corners.

He's only going to get better.

He’s gone from a rough diamond to a sparkling jewel this season.

Every time he sets himself to run at a defender, you get a sense of excitement that something might happen. It doesn’t always come off, obviously, but he has become such a consistent threat with the ball at his feet.

He has obviously been well coached and furthermore you can see that he has worked really hard at improving his finishing. All credit to him.

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What a great player we’ve got on our hands, where are last seasons grumblers now? They’ve gone very quiet, championship player.....yeah ok 😊🦊

I criticised him a lot last season and praised him a lot this season. He's been superb this season and pushed on a lot. But his finishing and lack of decision making and composure in front of goal last season was poor and deserved criticism, don't really see what the problem is with criticising him last season was. Thankfully he's improved it a lot this season and it's pushed him on to the next level.

Edited by Sampson

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I criticised him a lot last season and praised him a lot this season. He's been superb this season and pushed on a lot. But his finishing and lack of decision making and composure in front of goal last season was poor and deserved criticism. Thankfully he's improved it a lot this season and it's pushed him on to the next level.

Spot on this. It does make me laugh the people who say nothing and then when a player comes good they call others out for having an opinion when they weren't playing well. Going from the fence to the high horse seems the way forward for some on here. 

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I criticised him a lot last season and praised him a lot this season. He's been superb this season and pushed on a lot. But his finishing and lack of decision making and composure in front of goal last season was poor and deserved criticism, don't really see what the problem is with criticising him last season was. Thankfully he's improved it a lot this season and it's pushed him on to the next level.

There's criticism which is fine but some were saying get him back to the championship etc. which aimed at a promising academy graduate rubs me the wrong way. The same way some people crossed the line with Chilwell