Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

I'm sorry for Harvey, As much as we miss him in a way I'm glad he's not playing this Month. As now he'll have a proper timespan to recover. Get a full pre season and be ready for the new season.

The only game I would have liked to have him for is the final but that wasn't likely to happen without him playing a few cameo's before the final to help him get his confidence back.

At least now we know where we stand now. Good luck with the recovery Harvey, you are missed.

10 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Well, what do you suggest as an alternative, then, bearing in mind the players we currently have available?

I think it's crystal clear that the formation we're using is the best way to get our best available players on the pitch, and while results are as good as they've been, I see no reason to mess with it.

Clear as mud.

There are ways to get both strikers on the pitch without using five at the back, as myself and others have expounded upon various times on other threads.  BR chooses not to explore them.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Clear as mud.

There are ways to get both strikers on the pitch without using five at the back, as myself and others have expounded upon various times on other threads.  BR chooses not to explore them.

I know that, but then you have to drop one of Fofana, Soyuncu or Evans. I can't blame BR for not wanting to do that.

We've got 3 great CBs, 1 winger and a striker in the form of his life who has to be in a two. Why look any further than 3-4-1-2?

Why should we be experimenting with formations at the business end of a very important season when things are going so well?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

*I heard that he injured his knee again after banging it on the back of Ayoze's settee when the lights were off.

*Disclaimer - Completely made up!

I heard this too. Almost ran into big Wes who was pretending to be a lamp in the corner. 

20 hours ago, sdb said:

Gutted. Thought he'd be a massive asset for us in the final few games. 

He likely wouldnt have been sharp, as been available to play and fully match fit are different things.

Less headaches for the manager now but bad news for Barnes on his road to recovery.

On 28/04/2021 at 15:04, Deeg67 said:

It's not serving us well IMO, apart from convincing Rodgers to keep Kelechi on the pitch.  The games we're winning - CP, Southampton - aren't really the result of strong performances.  We're relying on gutting them out and Kel playing hero ball.  West Ham was dominating enough but truthfully they were so lifeless that they'd have lost to most Championship sides the way they played.

I think we're winning matches - against bad teams - in spite of the formation rather than because of it.

We have control of most matches and make plenty of chances. I'm not sure what more you'd want.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Have we had a penalty since he got injured? We don't have anyone else that does bursting runs forward now Vardy has lost that bit of pace.

Last penalty in the league was the one Nacho missed against Palace in December

Last penalty overall was against Brentford in the cup in January

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jumplist/elfmeterschuetzen/verein/1003/saison_id/2020

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Last penalty in the league was the one Nacho missed against Palace in December

Last penalty overall was against Brentford in the cup in January

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jumplist/elfmeterschuetzen/verein/1003/saison_id/2020

5 penalties in 2 games in Sept, then none in over 4 months from Decem to now, mental that lol

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Have we had a penalty since he got injured? We don't have anyone else that does bursting runs forward now Vardy has lost that bit of pace.

No Barnes, Justin or Ricardo all allowed us to create openings and turn defenders the other way. Tactics now seem to be get so far up the pitch then wing backs pass it inside and hope Tielemans can find a through ball.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Any more questions? 

11 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Can you put a fruit pastel in your mouth without chewing it ?

Can you put one of those 'Skips' crisps on your tongue without biting and chewing it?

• Like 1