Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On 22/07/2021 at 22:40, Ric Flair said:

Cannot wait for this lad to be back playing next season, injury robbed him of a 20 goal haul in all competitions + 5-10 assists. I pray Rodgers plays to his strengths for a whole season and doesn't play 3 at the back. Could make a mockery of England's fans love affair with Jack Grealish if so.

Hopefully a few more left footed belters too. Fans love direct players- for all the showboating, neat flicks etc, a player who just runs at the opposition always gets the crowd onside.

Lower level, of course, but there was a reason why Lloyd Dyer was so popular- he and Barnes got the fans interested.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Hopefully a few more left footed belters too. Fans love direct players- for all the showboating, neat flicks etc, a player who just runs at the opposition always gets the crowd onside.

Lower level, of course, but there was a reason why Lloyd Dyer was so popular- he and Barnes got the fans interested.

Dyer pace was electric, knock it by the defender and just go, definitely got fans out of the chair.

Always a regret he didn't stay on for our first season back in the Prem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Dyer pace was electric, knock it by the defender and just go, definitely got fans out of the chair.

Always a regret he didn't stay on for our first season back in the Prem.

Loved Dyer's ability to slice it into the top near corner!

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Sowah is one of the quickest players in Belgium last season, that'll be very welcome here.

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
55 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Mauchlen was a snob, hated Joachims flat

Well he was a Scotsman, and wore a Scotsman’s hat.

1 hour ago, Bob Farley said:

Sorry if this has been covered already but what’s the likelihood of him being ready to go at the start of the season? 

I think the only indicator will be the friendlies. If he doesn’t make the squad for the community shield then we will know we will have to be patient. 

I think him being available could be crucial to how we set up. But the early indication is that Brendan is preparing for a return of 4 at the back. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think the only indicator will be the friendlies. If he doesn’t make the squad for the community shield then we will know we will have to be patient. 

I think him being available could be crucial to how we set up. But the early indication is that Brendan is preparing for a return of 4 at the back. 

Makes sense. We got hammered last year with teams knocking balls out wide into the corners and not dealing with balls in the box. It's good that we have very good and pacey fullbacks and wingers (aside from right wing but Ricky doesn't mind going their) as with a back 4 we'll need that.

10 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Makes sense. We got hammered last year with teams knocking balls out wide into the corners and not dealing with balls in the box. It's good that we have very good and pacey fullbacks and wingers (aside from right wing but Ricky doesn't mind going their) as with a back 4 we'll need that.

...yeah, it will be great to go back to a back four!!!

Think we will be playing a back three against Man. City, but we are so much better as a four.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Koke said:

20 goals this season.

He's well capable. He may have come fairly close last season if he hadn't got injured. His finishing has come on leaps and bounds last 18 months, he doesn't snatch at shots like he used to, just picks his spot and strokes it in a lot more now.

I'm just slightly worried how the formation is going to accommodate him now we have 3 strikers who will expect to play regularly, and no obvious right sided player to complement him. He has to play though.

On 24/07/2021 at 18:23, majaco said:

Yes.

But...

Steve Lynex!

Apart from being an admirable number 7, he is one of my favourite ever City goalkeepers.

Alan Young was much better. :ph34r: