Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

You know that bit where teams win a cup and are presented with it, but don’t raise it up immediately, for dramatic effect?? Well, that is how it feels right now ?. (Except for Wes, who couldn’t get the god-damned PL trophy in the air fast enough). 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

You know that bit where teams win a cup and are presented with it, but don’t raise it up immediately, for dramatic effect?? Well, that is how it feels right now ?. (Except for Wes, who couldn’t get the god-damned PL trophy in the air fast enough). 

You think that's gonna be the unveiling video. Us lifting the PL trophy with Youri's head photoshopped onto it

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xen said:

A manager who's surname begins with R taking over after a manager who's surname begins with P is sacked after poor form in the league (despite ending in a respectable league position), having built a team with solid foundations, including a January free/loan transfer who transformed our form from shocking to amazing?

Nope, doesn't ring a bell. :whistle:

I look forward to Pardew taking charge when things go tits up

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So we have a well known Belgian ITK hinting its all done and finished or the mercury who are generally off the ball and fishing for clicks saying it isn't. 

Kristof is also saying it’s almost but not completely done, unless I’m reading it wrong

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So we have a well known Belgian ITK hinting its all done and finished or the mercury who are generally off the ball and fishing for clicks saying it isn't. 

The “Belgian” didn’t say it was done. He literally said the last details were to be sorted.

14 minutes ago, brucey said:

Looking at this guy’s Twitter profile it looks like he’s Tanner’s replacement, and a Derby fan.

He’s covering both clubs now... how does that even work?

Probably an expert in click bait, doubt the mercury are bothered about actual match reports.

I think in their excitement people are misreading the Belgian journo, his grammar was misleading. 

I don't think he was saying the "long wait IS completed" he meant we are now IN "the long wait until its completed."

As I'm, what we'd heard already, that we've done terms with Tielemans and the transfer is a formality but you won't get an announcement until Monaco and Leicester iron out the specifics of how we'll pay them and that's pretty normal. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, brucey said:

Looking at this guy’s Twitter profile it looks like he’s Tanner’s replacement, and a Derby fan.

A nob then? 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I think in their excitement people are misreading the Belgian journo, his grammar was misleading. 

I don't think he was saying the "long wait IS completed" he meant we are now IN "the long wait until its completed."

As I'm, what we'd heard already, that we've done terms with Tielemans and the transfer is a formality but you won't get an announcement until Monaco and Leicester iron out the specifics of how we'll pay them and that's pretty normal. 

Which would have been quietly done over the weekend if Shirley Crabtree hadn’t got involved !!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think you are correct. In his followup Tweet he's made it clear that Youri and LCFC have agreed terms, which is likely why Youri's agent has travelled home, but Monaco and LCFC still aren't quite fully agreed.

Looking at his Tweet it does seem very close (note he says "last details"), and mentions club announcements etc, but yeah - not done yet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s covering both clubs now... how does that even work?

Probably an expert in click bait, doubt the mercury are bothered about actual match reports.

It’s probably been dropped on that guy last min as Tanner has probably been put on a kind of gardening leave as he looks set to be doing the same job covering Leicester for a new website launching soon.

I might be wrong on that but a lot of premier league covering local journalists have suddenly quit as one and it’s rumoured it’s because they’re all joining this new site called The Athletic which is going to cover the league for the first time.

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It’s probably been dropped on that guy last min as Tanner has probably been put on a kind of gardening leave as he looks set to be doing the same job covering Leicester for a new website launching soon.

I might be wrong on that but a lot of premier league covering local journalists have suddenly quit as one and it’s rumoured it’s because they’re all joining this new site called The Athletic which is going to cover the league for the first time.

Interesting! It’s the sports pages keeping the Mercury going at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You and your reading of words.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I think you are correct. In his followup Tweet he's made it clear that Youri and LCFC have agreed terms, which is likely why Youri's agent has travelled home, but Monaco and LCFC still aren't quite fully agreed.

Looking at his Tweet it does seem very close (note he says "last details"), and mentions club announcements etc, but yeah - not done yet.

Surely we would have to agree a fee? For Youri to agree personal terms and undergo a medical. The hold up is probably the club photographer 

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Surely we would have to agree a fee? For Youri to agree personal terms and undergo a medical. The hold up is probably the club photographer 

From what's been said since Friday, I gathered that Monaco gave Youri permission to go discuss personal terms and have a medical because it was looking very likely that a deal would be agreed. 

• Like 1