Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

Don’t disagree that Puel did some good things, but I doubt he had much to do with Tielemans coming in. 

There is no way he would have negotiated such a deal. It came out of the blue because Monaco wanted Silva. He may have greenlit it, but who wouldn’t.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Choosing Leicester when you know Man Utd are interested. We are MASSIVE. 

The Man Utd 'fans' were interested. They can't sign players. 

No evidence that Man Utd, the club, were ever interested.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Won't be popular at all but a huge thanks has to go to Claude Puel for laying the foundations for us to make one of our biggest ever signings. 

More popular than you’d think…. Stay or go was a Leicester City fans Brexir as it split the support down the middle…. However even the most ardent of ‘outer’ would probably recognise (hindsight being a wonderful thing) that Puel did a lot of good for our club

Dead wood out and new young talent in, is how i’ll remember him…

5 months after he was sacked, this could be his crowning glory!

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 2

Puel had to go but you only have to look at our current suspected 11 to see that his legacy will live on for many years:

Kasper: puel had no effect

Chilwell: Puel bought him along brilliantly sticking with him in his first season when every supporter wanted him dropped for Fuchs.

Ricardo: Puel signing 

Maguire: Puel had no effect

Evans: Puel Signing

Ndidi: Puel had no effect

Maddison: Puel Signing

Tielemans: Puel loan signing

Perez: Nothing to do with Puel 

Harvey: Puel bought him back and straight into the side (although arguably a lot of managers would have done that after his WBA form)

Vardy: went backwards under Puel.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

A manager who's surname begins with R taking over after a manager who's surname begins with P is sacked after poor form in the league (despite ending in a respectable league position), having built a team with solid foundations, including a January free/loan transfer who transformed our form from shocking to amazing?

Nope, doesn't ring a bell. :whistle:

Just need to provide Puel's son with a camera and a Thai hooker, it's set in stone. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

The Man Utd 'fans' were interested. They can't sign players. 

No evidence that Man Utd, the club, were ever interested.

Think Kristof said there had been 'interest' from United, but YT wasn't their first choice. 

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

A manager who's surname begins with R taking over after a manager who's surname begins with P is sacked after poor form in the league (despite ending in a respectable league position), having built a team with solid foundations, including a January free/loan transfer who transformed our form from shocking to amazing?

Nope, doesn't ring a bell. :whistle:

Would be nice to have a season where we finish with the same manager we started it with ........ 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, brucey said:

I keep hearing about Rudkin’s f-ups, but I genuinely don’t know of anything he did that could be considered a serious f-up. Him becoming DOF apparently just happened to coincide with the most successful period in the clubs history? It all seems to have stemmed from a couple posters on the forum claiming they have heard negative things about him as a person, and it snowballed from there. But I’m yet to see any concrete examples.

Not sure if the Adrien Sliva debacle was anything to do with him. 

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

You do realise he played nearly 500 games for Monaco and won the league title with them 3 times as a player and manager. I would say he had everything to with Youri coming here on loan from Monaco.

totally unrelated, but if YT scores 1 more goal (currently 3 goals in 13 games) he equals CP record for Monaco (in 488)

as you were.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LinekersApples said:

totally unrelated, but if YT scores 1 more goal (currently 3 goals in 13 games) he equals CP record for Monaco (in 488)

as you were.....

Eggs and bananas .................  apples and bicycles ................. you need to get out more .......

47 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Know the feeling.. 

I haven't been blown under the cover for at least 13 years! 

Book a holiday with Hops and Pearson Junior and this can be remedied.

5 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

as you were.....

Knowing Puel, his goals were probably accidental while he was trying to play the ball back to his own keeper.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Rudkin ate jesus and gained his powers. 

I don't remember this but I've had a few rough nights out on the tiles so I wouldn't swear it didn't happen

Edited by Jesus
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure if the Adrien Sliva debacle was anything to do with him. 

It was under his watch which ever way you spin it.  But ancient history now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Claude puel had his faults but his overall recruitment of players was good, tielemans, Maddison, Evans, Ricardo.  Not to mention the way he's brought on Barnes and chilwell 

Evans was a target from before he got here

Hit or miss based on First team activity 

Ward Miss

Soyuncu miss

Benkovic miss

Ghazzel miss

Diabbate miss

Ricardo Hit

Madison Hit

Tielmans Hit

im not sure his overall recruitment was good, it’s just the players that are hits are very good.

which masks the £60m on players that were misses.

But if the 2 young defenders go on to become good first team players then it will have been a good window.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

****ing Puel? About to pull off a signing I thought nearly nigh on impossible due to how god damn brilliant the lad looked and we’re talking about Puel.  It’s as tedious now as the ITK shiiiite.

To be able to see a whole season of this lad play for us at the least is worth the season ticket money alone. We are going to see some great stuff this year! 

Amen to that Babs

22 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Puel had to go but you only have to look at our current suspected 11 to see that his legacy will live on for many years:

Kasper: puel had no effect

Chilwell: Puel bought him along brilliantly sticking with him in his first season when every supporter wanted him dropped for Fuchs.

Ricardo: Puel signing 

Maguire: Puel had no effect

Evans: Puel Signing

Ndidi: Puel had no effect

Maddison: Puel Signing

Tielemans: Puel loan signing

Perez: Nothing to do with Puel 

Harvey: Puel bought him back and straight into the side (although arguably a lot of managers would have done that after his WBA form)

Vardy: went backwards under Puel.

Hmmm 

not sure every surporter wabted Chillwell dropped for an aging Fuchs.

Just the short sighted ones.

the Chilwell thread tells it’s own story.

lets not pretend Chillwell was plucked from Obscurity, Plus Fuchs was the most taken on defender is his last full season.

Puel can have some Credit for Choudary though

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst many people had major problems with Puel I think you have to hold your hands up saying not every single thing he did was bad, most of it but not everything.

I said all of that at the time.

The fact it was awful football, I was so disinterested and on the verge of hating something i'm so passionate about was where alot of people stand however.

There were lots of comments at the time saying they could imagine Puel being a very good DOF that still remains, as a football manager, certainly in England, he's awful.

He was bought in to do a job, he arguably did that job and we will probably look back and be thankful, but what we saw footballing wise was turgid, depressing, disinteresting, godawful football and something had to give.

On either side of the argument regards Puel most people seem to find it hard to comprehend you can have such an opinion.

Totally agree with this.

I was firmly in the Puel Out brigade, and I still firmly believe it was the right decision to get rid, but i’m also willing to accept he did things that helped us.

He cleared some of the deadwood, firmly started the transformation into this fresh new side we have now, and gave crucial game time to young players even though (arguably) they weren’t quite ready for it yet. (It clearly has benefitted them though).

As stated though, we were playing absolutely turgid football, losing to teams we absolutely shouldn’t on a regular basis, we weren’t getting the best out of the talent he brought in, and our 20 goal a season striker looked isolated, lost, and therefore devoid of confidence and goals.

Also, without Brendan coming in when he did, bringing renewed hope, confidence and results, I honestly think Maguire, Chilwell, Ricardo, Schmeichel, Vardy etc would all be actively looking to leave this summer, and players like Tielemans would have absolutely no interest in joining us now.

Puel is due some thanks, absolutely, but we also got rid at the right time, and getting Brendan is already looking like a masterstroke.

• Like 3