Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

4 hours ago, brucey said:

I keep hearing about Rudkin’s f-ups, but I genuinely don’t know of anything he did that could be considered a serious f-up. Him becoming DOF apparently just happened to coincide with the most successful period in the clubs history? It all seems to have stemmed from a couple posters on the forum claiming they have heard negative things about him as a person, and it snowballed from there. But I’m yet to see any concrete examples.

Your making it sound like you credit our title win and CL run to Rudkin. 

FFS Rudders you've been sussed out lollollollol

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Four year deal, 5 year deal it doest really matter we all know he won't be here anywhere near that long. 

He could be.

He choose us over very big teams.

This could actually be the start of major signings. Especially if we do get top 6 next season.

Leicester city are transforming into a big club very quickly 

Just now, Fox85 said:

He could be.

He choose us over very big teams.

This could actually be the start of major signings. Especially if we do get top 6 next season.

Leicester city are transforming into a big club very quickly 

I agree mate, but it was more a comment of how good Youri is rather than the direction we are going. Even if we break the top 6 or 4 he will still end up at a Barca, Real or Man City.

8 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Four year deal, 5 year deal it doest really matter we all know he won't be here anywhere near that long. 

The old Leicester mindset still coming through I see. 

If we carry on the way we're going we could be a force in European football within his contract time. Players might be begging to join us with our world-class facilities and coach. 

Having said that, I mentioned previously in this thread with his potential and our stubbiness when selling I could see him going for somewhere near £200m if he was sold. Frightening amount of money that reinvested well would see us push on even more...

Edited by Collymore

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Won't be popular at all but a huge thanks has to go to Claude Puel for laying the foundations for us to make one of our biggest ever signings. 

I think most people already acknowledge this.

Why should it be unpopular. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I agree mate, but it was more a comment of how good Youri is rather than the direction we are going. Even if we break the top 6 or 4 he will still end up at a Barca, Real or Man City.

This is true.

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Won't be popular at all but a huge thanks has to go to Claude Puel for laying the foundations for us to make one of our biggest ever signings. 

Puel built us a good team. 

• Like 2

Why would he join us just to leave after a year or two? He clearly believes in our project, can see him staying the full duration tbh. And during that period we will honours or qualify for Europe. The club is moving places.

Just now, Fox85 said:

This is true.

Why are worrying how long he’s gonna be here for when technically he ain’t even fuching here yet. Let’s just enjoy how ever long he is here for and worry about it when the time comes 

No I'm thrilled he's signing it's been keeping me up at night just being realistic.

I agree with you unfortunately. It would have to be a monumental rise from us to still have him here in 3 years. Even the likes of Man Utd, their history will continue to pull players in. As long as he goes for a substantial profit it will mean he had a great spell with us (I can't believe I'm contemplating the day we sell him before he's even arrived) 

I'm so excited for the new season but remaining grounded. We still have Everton, Wolves and Watford to contend with before the likes of Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It wont be. 

He wont get the credit for turning the club around in terms of the youth prospects and getting the dead wood out. 

Cheers Puel. 

• Like 2

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Why would he join us just to leave after a year or two? He clearly believes in our project, can see him staying the full duration tbh. And during that period we will honours or qualify for Europe. The club is moving places.

Why would Harry Maguire sign a new 5 year deal to want a move less than 5 months later? Look i wasn't trying to piss on anyone's chips I think it's the biggest signing the club has made in my lifetime. And I also agree with others that it's a watershed moment for the club that will hopefully allow us to gatecrash the top 6 party. But I'm realistic about his level of talent and personally I would be shocked if he spends more than 3 seasons at Leicester. I hope im wrong but like with anything Leicester city based in the last 6 years I'll enjoy the ride.

Up the city. 

• Like 2

Why would Harry Maguire sign a new 5 year deal to want a move less than 5 months later? Look i wasn't trying to piss on anyone's chips I think it's the biggest signing the club has made in my lifetime. And I also agree with others that it's a watershed moment for the club that will hopefully allow us to gatecrash the top 6 party. But I'm realistic about his level of talent and personally I would be shocked if he spends more than 3 seasons at Leicester. I hope im wrong but like with anything Leicester city based in the last 6 years I'll enjoy the ride.

Up the city. 

Has Harry Maguire said he wants to leave it could be all built up by the media tbh? I am not naive to think that top players will move on to bigger clubs but I think our club is certainly moving up the chain now. We no longer have to sell for the sake of it. When the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United come calling we can hold on to our better players. We actually have a very good set up now which will improve.

There weren’t many out there (away from us lot) that thought we had a chance of signing him .......... not that they will admit to it now .....

looking forward to the morning when the gooners will be having their Monday morning inquest into why they can’t buy anyone decent ...

Whilst many people had major problems with Puel I think you have to hold your hands up saying not every single thing he did was bad, most of it but not everything.

I said all of that at the time.

The fact it was awful football, I was so disinterested and on the verge of hating something i'm so passionate about was where alot of people stand however.

There were lots of comments at the time saying they could imagine Puel being a very good DOF that still remains.

As a football manager, certainly in England, he's awful.

He was bought in to do a job, he arguably did that job and we will probably look back and be thankful, but what we saw footballing wise was turgid, depressing, disinteresting, godawful football and something had to give.

On either side of the argument regards Puel most people seem to find it hard to comprehend you can have such an opinion.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3