Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

I think the best transfer coup of all time was when we signed Ngolo Kante....let's hope Tielemans can match his contribution to our club's history. 

Difference is Youri was in the EPL spotlight and anyone and everyone could see the lads quality. Alleged interest from bigger clubs yet we pull it off. I consider that a bigger coup myself and I'm not diminishing the incredible Kante btw. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Difference is Youri was in the EPL spotlight and anyone and everyone could see the lads quality. Alleged interest from bigger clubs yet we pull it off. I consider that a bigger coup myself and I'm not diminishing the incredible Kante btw. 

Yeah the Kante signing was amazing in hindsight but we never could've imagined how good he'd be. Not sure if I'm misremembering but wasn't Kante only signed because that Jordan Veretout chose Villa over us? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I agree with you. Kante turned into one of Leicester’s all time greats but we didnt have an inclination he was that good. Claudio didn’t want him and we weren’t over excited when he signed. We even put a low buy out clause in contract. 

We know what we are getting with Tielemans and can’t wait for new season to start. 

Hopefully if will convince Madders to Stay. 

Edited by Lesterlad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is huge !! What a moment. I hope we do find two more players to really buff out the squad but regardless, I’ve not been this excited for a season for so many years.

Tielemans on a full season = 8-10 goals and 12-14 assists that’s a minimum contribution imo and that’s class, I think he can supersede those values most definitely.

23 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

62 pages in less than a week....

On page 17ish when it broke he was on a plane Friday afternoon. Best few hours I have had on FT after that and what forums are about absolute liquid gold:scarf: 

• Like 2

Big shout to Rudkin as well for whatever role he had in getting this sorted. 

Still gets a lot of stick but as much as Puel should be credited (which I wholeheartedly agree with), Rudkin would have had a hand in sorting those players in coming to the club too... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah the Kante signing was amazing in hindsight but we never could've imagined how good he'd be. Not sure if I'm misremembering but wasn't Kante only signed because that Jordan Veretout chose Villa over us? 

Steve Walsh knew he was that good. He virtually begged Ranieri to sign him. He was always first choice, but the lad didn't fancy us. He wanted Marseilles.

I fancied him too. When I saw his show reel, I knew we were onto something special. I remember someone on Bentley's Roof was ecstatic at the signing.....so there were whispers we'd got the deal if the century (and I do think it is the best signing ever made)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Ironic considering he went down the season we won the league lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not sure if I'm misremembering but wasn't Kante only signed because that Jordan Veretout chose Villa over us? 

I remember Kanté only being truly talked of after Veretwat went Villa.

I had nothing against the guy going to Villa until his first interview had some weird veiled insult about how a couple different clubs were in for him “but this is the only place I could reach the next level”

lollollol 

Then a while back he had an interview where he said he didn’t regret moving to Villa instead of us!

Yeah alright mate, I’m sure you had such an unforgettable time there...

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Maybe. I think Veretout might have been a red herring. I'm not sure, but I think the club might have realised other clubs were going after whoever we were targeting, so were "leaking" false targets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

I had nothing against the guy going to Villa until his first interview had some weird veiled insult about how a couple different clubs were in for him “but this is the only place I could reach the next level”

lollollol 

Then a while back he had an interview where he said he didn’t regret moving to Villa instead of us!

Well he did reach the next level to be fair to him, the next one down. Yeah that's an awful attempt at saving face from him lol

Just now, smudger63 said:

To be honest, i think we should show some pity on United and their fans, and let them have Matty James back for £35 million.

Feel for Matty, dont think he'll play for us again

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

lollollol 

To be fair, they did take him

to the next level. It just wasn’t the one he was expecting. 

9 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Maybe. I think Veretout might have been a red herring. I'm not sure, but I think the club might have realised other clubs were going after whoever we were targeting, so were "leaking" false targets.

I read it as us hurrying Kante along... as his advisor brothers we're playing us off against Marseilles.

In the end, I got the impression his brothers virtually forced him to us as it was clearly the better financial package.

Veretout was indeed a red herring to get the signature

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Why would Harry Maguire sign a new 5 year deal to want a move less than 5 months later? Look i wasn't trying to piss on anyone's chips I think it's the biggest signing the club has made in my lifetime. And I also agree with others that it's a watershed moment for the club that will hopefully allow us to gatecrash the top 6 party. But I'm realistic about his level of talent and personally I would be shocked if he spends more than 3 seasons at Leicester. I hope im wrong but like with anything Leicester city based in the last 6 years I'll enjoy the ride.

Up the city. 

I think you're absolutely right.

My take is that we'll have him the next two-maybe three seasons before he goes to one of the big fish, be it here or abroad. If he keeps that level of performances, that is. I wasn't too worried about a permanent deal (fingers crossed), since we are the perfect team for him after his recent bad spell at Monaco. Here he's guaranteed to be one of the stars of the team, surrounded by young, talented players and a manager who advocates an attractive football and has faith in youngsters. As the team's shaping up we already can have a real go at european football next season. He'll get all the exposure he wants, without any pressure, whilst continuing to improve himself. And we get one of the most talented midfielders on the market.

It's a win-win situation for both.

• Like 1