Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC1996

Loan watch 2019-20

14 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Had a bad game by sounds of it tonight but been very positive so far. Already fairly popular down at Ashton Gate. 

He's been garbage for them on the whole so not sure where you've got that from. Shame, but I guess that's what happens when you've not played competitive football for six months.

11 minutes ago, Frost said:

He's been garbage for them on the whole so not sure where you've got that from. Shame, but I guess that's what happens when you've not played competitive football for six months.

Live in Bristol, friends with countless ST holders and have watched him play v Derby. So yeah, that’s where I’ve got that from.

Made one mistake v Brum on debut in a tiny cameo, great v Derby, not bad v WBA was probably one of the only players to come out of that game with any credit, ill against Leeds so didn’t feature off the bench, then obviously tonight hasn’t gone well. Still highly rated by Bristol City fans who admittedly don’t know much about him.

• Like 4

KDH got an assist, a goal, a card (for "excessive celebration") and surely motm tonight. He's on two goals and one assist in just under 600 minutes. I never thought much of him in the academy but he seems to be taking his chance to impress with both hands.

Blackpool are 14 points adrift with a game-in-hand from fifth in the table, Josh Knight's in-form Peterborough.

Edited by Foxxed

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

KDH got an assist, a goal, a card (for "excessive celebration") and surely motm tonight. He's on two goals and one assist in just under 600 minutes. I never thought much of him in the academy but he seems to be taking his chance to impress with both hands.

Blackpool are 14 points adrift with a game-in-hand from fifth in the table, Josh Knight's in-form Peterborough.

Screenshot_20200225-221504.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

KDH's last minute winner...

Great stuff. Had this been in the premier league there would have beeen a muted celebration as we all waited to see if VAR decide if the ball brushed an arm. Followed by relief rather than elation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Great stuff. Had this been in the premier league there would have beeen a muted celebration as we all waited to see if VAR decide if the ball brushed an arm. Followed by relief rather than elation. 

Yes that's true. And oddly there would have been more people watching. 

Lee Johnson has criticised reported Derby County target Filip Benkovic among others following Bristol City’s weekend defeat, the BBC report.

Bristol City lost 2-1 at Huddersfield Town. Their third straight defeat.

Benkovic was a reported target for Derby County in January. The Telegraph claimed in late December how the Rams were hopeful of signing the centre-back.

The Robins, however, won the race for the Croatia international.

Benkovic has come into the Bristol City starting eleven. He ironically scored against Derby as Lee Johnson’s side beat the Rams 3-2 at Ashton Gate earlier this month.

But since then he has struggled. And Johnson felt a couple of his new signings had put in an ‘upsetting’ performance in the defeat at Huddersfield Town.

I feel upset. As upset as I’ve been watching one of my teams with players I’ve signed. It was a very difficult watch. was substandard. I think a couple of the new players need to have a look at themselves'

Benkovic?

Guest An Sionnach
26 minutes ago, davieG said:

Lee Johnson has criticised reported Derby County target Filip Benkovic among others following Bristol City’s weekend defeat, the BBC report.

Bristol City lost 2-1 at Huddersfield Town. Their third straight defeat.

Benkovic was a reported target for Derby County in January. The Telegraph claimed in late December how the Rams were hopeful of signing the centre-back.

The Robins, however, won the race for the Croatia international.

Benkovic has come into the Bristol City starting eleven. He ironically scored against Derby as Lee Johnson’s side beat the Rams 3-2 at Ashton Gate earlier this month.

But since then he has struggled. And Johnson felt a couple of his new signings had put in an ‘upsetting’ performance in the defeat at Huddersfield Town.

I feel upset. As upset as I’ve been watching one of my teams with players I’ve signed. It was a very difficult watch. was substandard. I think a couple of the new players need to have a look at themselves'

Benkovic?

He will get over it , as long as he finishes the season healthy and battle hardened he still as a future with us . With Toure, Evans and Wes to learn off he should progress quickly. Now we have Bennett we can afford to be patient.

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

17 hours ago, trabuch said:

Yes that's true. And oddly there would have been more people watching. 

No it's not. We'd have all been celebrating as normal.

Benkovic struggling at Bristol. Hooked at half time and now manager come out criticising the new guys there. 

I know we all got excited about him returning from Celtic but standard is below championship up there if you play for Celtic.  Clearly even when fit club haven't been sufficiently impressed enough to include him more often. 

Feels like a player who will sadly move on for very little and well put down to experience...

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Benkovic struggling at Bristol. Hooked at half time and now manager come out criticising the new guys there. 

I know we all got excited about him returning from Celtic but standard is below championship up there if you play for Celtic.  Clearly even when fit club haven't been sufficiently impressed enough to include him more often. 

Feels like a player who will sadly move on for very little and well put down to experience...

I'm not sure how many on here have actually watched him play to pass adequate judgement. He got subbed at half time as was on a yellow and they were a goal down chasing the game. Not sure how relevant the manager's comments are, from the looks of their Twitter a lot of the fans are unhappy with his team selections and tactics, could be trying to deflect blame to save his job? Plus with being not match fit... Still too early to say, I think. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, brucey said:

I'm not sure how many on here have actually watched him play to pass adequate judgement. He got subbed at half time as was on a yellow and they were a goal down chasing the game. Not sure how relevant the manager's comments are, from the looks of their Twitter a lot of the fans are unhappy with his team selections and tactics, could be trying to deflect blame to save his job? Plus with being not match fit... Still too early to say, I think. 

Have patience Benko is going to be good , really good . 

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Pretty much spot on. He's not been great but certainly no worse than most of the team. 

Johnson is under severe pressure at the moment so I sense deflection. 

Theres a conspiracy among Bristol fans that there is a clause in his loan deal that he has to start if he's fit. 

I would hope thats not true, as he needs to at least earn his chance. But the fact that the fans have that theory paints a telling picture about how poorly its gone so far. 

4 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I really hope not, although I've seen no more than anyone else, I have been impressed, his passing has been as good as any centre half I've seen here and he's not scared to bring it forward, he also seems adept at finishing, hope it works out for him here.

Guest An Sionnach
38 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I really hope not, although I've seen no more than anyone else, I have been impressed, his passing has been as good as any centre half I've seen here and he's not scared to bring it forward, he also seems adept at finishing, hope it works out for him here.

It takes time to build a relationship with the other CBs and DMs ,its early days yet so mistakes will happen , but that's what happens with loan deals particularly with critical defenders. If it was Jonny playing alongside him mistakes would be much less likely.

Edited by An Sionnach