Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves H Match Thread

If we play like this against the like of Burnley, sheff utd, norwich etc, I could understand the moaning, but we are against a side who will be alongside us all season and potential top 6 candidates, wolves can be very dangerous so for me the set up, all be it defensive is working a treat

• Like 3

We've had the possession, but they've been happy to cede it to the players they know offer no threat going forward.  In truth, they've had the better chances but neither side has made anything of the chances they've had.

3 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

We've stopped them playing since the first 5 minutes but equally we haven't looked very creative. Perez has been guilty of slowing down counter attacks by passing half a yard behind our player bursting forward. They've still had a couple of moments and with more quality they should have created some clear chances. Decent overall but they look as likely to score as we do.

I said to my nephew when we signed Perez that he will excite and frustrate in equal measure. He'll get goals as he has a knack of getting into the right position at the right time in the box but he will also frustrate as he gives possesion away alot and like you said, can slow doen our attacking moves. 

At the match. Interesting game that feels very chess like. We’ve controlled the game but rarely troubled Rui Patricio. In the final third we just haven’t strung it together but we do look like it could happen at any time. 

A predictably tight game but we’ll need to take risks to win it. Surprised how tame Wolves have been but they could still do us on the break. 

Caglar Soyuncu has been outstanding! Very impressive performance. 

• Like 3

They  are a good team with an excellent midfeld and our setup has killed them completely. We play fast football and press, our aim is to wear them down and take them in the second half.

Can't understand anyone wanting to take Hamza off. He's been everywhere doing everything. He must be BR's wet dream.

If the stats had been exactly reversed in this game (basically if we were Wolves) people would be saying they were all over us and we canny get the ball and only a mater of time before they score. Of course we need to be more clinical but some of the comments on here are frankly laughable.  Anyhoo, off to watch second half now before I make myself ill again but indulging myself on here.  COYB.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

Just now, copunk said:

If we play like this against the like of Burnley, sheff utd, norwich etc, I could understand the moaning, but we are against a side who will be alongside us all season and potential top 6 candidates, wolves can be very dangerous so for me the set up, all be it defensive is working a treat

I understand your point, but we are at home. If this was at Molineux then this set up would be fine. At home we haven't had any shots on goal of note. Personally think Maddison is not a winger moving him left and right, would rather Play One of Ndidi and Hamza, then Maddison and Tielemans and have barnes / albrighton / Perez on the wings. Wolves have 3 decent central defenders too, playing Vardy alone leaves him too isolated. 

We already knew Ndidi and Choudry didn't work from last season. Perez isn't a comfortable winger, he needs to be central with Vardy. Soyuncu will be class for us given more games. Those late back for pre season are off the boil. Ndidi, Chilwell ect

1 minute ago, StevieB said:

We already knew Ndidi and Choudry didn't work from last season. Perez isn't a comfortable winger, he needs to be central with Vardy. Soyuncu will be class for us given more games. Those late back for pre season are off the boil. Ndidi, Chilwell ect

Yeah they were terrible around Christmas time...

• Like 1