Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves H Match Thread

We've stopped them playing since the first 5 minutes but equally we haven't looked very creative. Perez has been guilty of slowing down counter attacks by passing half a yard behind our player bursting forward. They've still had a couple of moments and with more quality they should have created some clear chances. Decent overall but they look as likely to score as we do.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

That was our first half. Just no end product. 

We've stifled them completely and hopefully worn them down to take them apart in the second.

Hamza excellent, Ndidi and Soyunco very good.

Tielemans needs more touches, Ayoze, Ricardo pairing being defended well. Vardy with one great chance but not a lot else.

Think we'll win by 2.

I can see our game plan, try and frustrate them in to losing their defensive shape and then punish them as the game wears on. We are struggling to create any space though in the final third which is the downside to this formation and personnel. Barnes on on 60 mins please for Ndidi.

Soyuncu is the boyo

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

We're really not.

A lot of possession and nothing created with it bar a few harmless long shots.

You're confusing aimless passing with productive play.

Wolves have just sat back and let us play, they've not had to do much to stop us.

Och I'm fairly impressed given first game and new players. We've lacked cutting edge but we're the much better team so far. Everyone sees things differently but a solid first half. Well get there. X 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Deucalion said:

Based on the pre-season hype, I was expecting a far more gung-ho approach this season.

It did worry me against a side so good at counter-attacking to be honest.

Let's be patient and see what happens.

No gung-ho...that was this Forums OTT posting....

but we are playing better and movement is up on than last season....

• Like 1

Just now, Goober said:

Continually winning the ball high up the pitch which has been encouraging too. We've had the majority of the play. Not sure why people are expecting us to pepper Wolves 

A few reasons.

1- early-season nerves. People want an early goal to take away some of the pressure and get the team going.

2- we had the ball a lot and should have capitalized instead of waiting for the second half and seeing a possibly improvement of play by Wolves

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Och I'm fairly impressed given first game and new players. We've lacked cutting edge but we're the much better team so far. Everyone sees things differently but a solid first half. Well get there. X 

Totally agree Rumble. Was going to post more or less exactly the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I can see our game plan, try and frustrate them in to losing their defensive shape and then punish them as the game wears on. We are struggling to create any space though in the final third which is the downside to this formation and personnel. Barnes on on 60 mins please for Ndidi.

Soyuncu is the boyo

Ndidi has been our best player

Possession really means naff all. Apparently you can win the league with like 35% possession. 

Its goals that count and, despite looking the much better side, our cutting edge is missing. Good start though. Hopefully they will tire.