Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves Post Match 0-0

Way too many with high expectations getting what they needed today... sorry but it’s true, no one is breaking the top 6, especially us. No where near ruthless enough.

We are a good side, way beyond what we were and moving in the right direction but people predicting 3rd, 4th 5th etc. You are insane 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saved by VAR. We really couldnt get through them, Maddison wasteful, Chilwell off form all game, Vardy isolated.

Good points are we didn't lose. Ricky P stable as ever, Soyuncu handling the step up well - zero errors today too! Ndidi showing why he comes straight back into the XI. Albrighon & Barnes bright off the bench. Evans solid & limber

Wolves were class defensively to be fair, gave Vardy nothing. 

Obviously helped by the fact Maddison & Perez both had shocking games. 

Hate seeing Maddison play wide, he just drifts inside and we have absolutely no threat down the left hand side.

• Like 1

Two evenly matched teams, on that showing though both will be closer to midtable than the top 6. We just have the same problems we've had for what seems like 3 years, we have very few ways of scoring. People will be less critical but it's not much different to last year under Puel. 

Positive was defence looking pretty solid apart from odd moment. Ricardo was good again but he can't do it all, thought Ndidi was excellent and Soyuncu will get lots of confidence from that. 

Disappointed with Tielemans a little bit but he has set a high standard, Maddison seems to get in the way at times. 

Solid if unspectacular start. Good to get first point though, hate being on 0. 

Pros:

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Evans

Cons:

-Chilwell

-Hamza and Ndidi shouldn’t of both started too negative and odd decision.

-1 shot on target in last 10 mins.

- if we was going to rely on wide attacking men as substitutions it’s strange we didn’t buy at least 1 new class winger to chase a game even more.

-Maddison should only be central.

Edited by les-tah

I was worried about this one as Wolves had a decent pre-season playing competitive football in the Europa and play with an awkward 352/532 formation. I thought they would be much fitter than us whilst we rushed back a few. Anyway, a bit of a boring game, things didnt quite click as we would have liked but like most teams we have watched over the weekend, they all look rusty and that even includes Man City and Liverpool who bagged 5 and 4 respectively. A point in the bag.

MOM for me was the Turkish Slab head. The Okazaki award for falling over goes to Jota.

6.5s all round.

Forgot how bad match threads are. Need to swerve them this season I think. 

As for the game I thought it was just a typical season opener. Had moments but didn't quite click in attack. That will come though. Defensively good overall despite a nervy 15 minute spell. Caglar and Ricky P very good. Maddison, Chilwell and Tielemans off the pace 

• Like 1

It’s 1 game.

Huge Big Massive (unsure if anyone will get that) positives, are Soyuncu and Evans  together seemed good, and fans seemed encouraging and subsequently encouraged by Soyuncu.

6 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

It's the corners that really need to be worked on. 12 corners and most just flew straight over.

I agree , terrible corners, must have been long on purpose but I’m not a fan. We’ll miss Maguire at set pieces and it’s a reason I think we may play Benkovic when fit

2 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

We have a point on the board 

Soyuncu positive game by all accounts 

up the Foxes

I'm happy with the point today gets us up and running.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Wouldn't set up with 2 DCMs going forward, Mads and Youri had stinkers, otherwise good point. 

I agree but I think Brendan will have been surprised how defensive wolves were. They were very attacking all last season and today they piled men behind the ball and relied on long knocks up to jota and raul, which nearly lead to a couple of goals. We really do need to find a way of breaking teams down as most teams outside the top 8 will park the bus at the kp. 

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Chilwell needs to stop procrastinating and turning back on himself with the ball. If he can sort that out we will create so many more chances. 

Chilwell also needs to practice how to send a decent delivery into the box ,his crossing into the box today hasn't improved from last season I think this lets his overall performance down and would make him a top class player

Probably a fair result on the performances. Not much to say that's not already been said, a shit game. Thought Chilly was pretty poor today, never really got going and just played it safe. Would of liked to see him take his man on more often like he does sometimes. Occasionally has game where he tries multiple times, then sometimes never - or even in behind. Perez needs to get his head up when he gets the ball. 

Edited by bfox

Really poor, in my view- the lack of width really hurt us (the one time we tried to get in behind was the 92nd minute, and we nearly scored). Devoid of movement and ideas in the final third.

Early days and hopefully we're just getting up to speed, but we're definitely still a winger short of being a top side.

• Like 4

Just now, dylanlegend said:

I agree , terrible corners, must have been long on purpose but I’m not a fan. We’ll miss Maguire at set pieces and it’s a reason I think we may play Benkovic when fit

We’ve been sh** at corners since Martin O’Neil left!!