Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves Post Match 0-0

at least we got a point, Soy was very impressive probably even an upgrade on Maguire lol 

didn't create that many clear cut chances but Wolves where happy to sit back.

should be a completely different tempo against Chelsea which is probably suited to our players as there will be more space.

I said mid-week I’d have taken a point and that’s what we got. Wolves are a good side, we’re in a bit of transition. I think if people are expecting us to just flick the switch and start playing this liquid Brendan Rodgers football straight away you’re in for a bit of a shock. It’ll take time, but already think we look a much better team to this time last year. Evans and Soyuncu were class today. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Especially when the only source of width is from the full backs and one of them has the worst cross and pass in the final third I've ever seen in Chilwell, I'm still mystified as to why he is so highly rated going forward. Its defensively where he's any good now, the rest is nowhere near good enough.

Absolutely. I remember in the first half of last season in particular where he was still unknown and often had the freedom of the left flank, only to waste the opportunity over and over again.

You'd think with Fuchs at the club that he'd teach him a thing or two. 

Edited by Jonaldinho

The failure here was strategic. 

Look, if we are going to play a 433 with Perez and Maddison up front, it wrecks our spacing, bc the opposing side can generally focus on defending the middle. Obviously Ayoze cuts inside rather than playing a more traditional wing, and Maddison (a) is playing out of position on the outside and (b) doesn't try to get around the corner himself, being more comfortable on the ball closer to the middle of the pitch. 

So that is the first problem. Our formation was constantly spaced to narrow, looking like:

X     X     X

X                X                 X

X           X                X             X

This not only made us easy to defend, allowing Wolves to congest the center of the park, but denied Vards room to maneuver. 

Second, this left Tiels as the only real creative force on the side. Wolves focused on shutting down our ONE creative player, and it was effective. 

When we finally went offensive w Barnes, the difference was night and day. We need to remember this in the future and keep two AMs behind our attacking 3.

• Like 3

Just a word about Harry!!!!    Sky Reporter interviewed him before the Match about,better attacking options and more midfield support...

Harry Stopped him dead in his tracks...Told him No!!! Leicester last season played on the front foot,especially when BRodegers came...

Shot him down in flames...!!:D

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I said mid-week I’d have taken a point and that’s what we got. Wolves are a good side, we’re in a bit of transition. I think if people are expecting us to just flick the switch and start playing this liquid Brendan Rodgers football straight away you’re in for a bit of a shock. It’ll take time, but already think we look a much better team to this time last year. Evans and Soyuncu were class today. 

Overused phrase imo. We've apparently been in transition since we've won the league. We may very well improve, individually and as a team with additions but we aren't really in transition, this has to be the year to show what we're capable of.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Indeed some of the comments were cringeworthy they are a good side, the first goal would have been massive for either side and they did set up to  stifle us. Of course some will have to moan as with Soyuncu stepping up and having a good game they need to find something else to moan about

We set up to stifle ourselves.

• Like 1

lmao at the OTT reactions from some people on here, as always.

first game of the season, still blowing out the cobwebs, against a team who are going to be up there with us this season.

we absolutely dominated the game aside from the first 10 minutes of the second half.

we created plenty of chances and failed to take them.

we looked defensively solid and soyuncu was everywhere, stopping everything. 

people complaining about 2 DMs - we broke up all of their attacks almost immediately and effectively bar one or two and looked to turned defence into attack.

a positive start to build on - we looked very keen to get forward and comfortable in possession. 

jesus, it's going to be a long season with people already looking to blame, point fingers, etc. give it a rest ffs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bfox said:

Overused phrase imo. We've apparently been in transition since we've won the league. We may very well improve, individually and as a team with additions but we aren't really in transition, this has to be the year to show what we're capable of.

You could argue that you’re in transition every time you get rid of a manager and replace him with somebody else. 

We seemed to have a really negative outlook. There were too many times in the game where we had Ndidi, YT, Perez and Hamza all hovering around the half way line. In theory we played a 443, but in reality it was more like a 451.

Just now, bfox said:

Every team in the league much be in transition 90% of the time then :P

Slight exaggeration that isn’t? But you understand what I’m saying don’t you? I think a lot people put too much expectation on preseason, thinking that those 6 weeks Rodgers had with them was going to fix all the issues, it doesn’t work like that. I wouldn’t be worried if we still haven’t fully clicked by Christmas, I think it’s a long term plan with what he wants to do here.