Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves Post Match 0-0

Just now, Manini said:

Slight exaggeration that isn’t? But you understand what I’m saying don’t you? I think a lot people put too much expectation on preseason, thinking that those 6 weeks Rodgers had with them was going to fix all the issues, it doesn’t work like that. I wouldn’t be worried if we still haven’t fully clicked by Christmas, I think it’s a long term plan with what he wants to do here. 

Apart from 5 or 6 teams most have fairly new managers don't they. Anyways, I agree BR has not been here that long. But I would be worried if we're playing shit football week after week until XMAS, this team has far too much talent to be that bad

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. 

Mixed feelings about that game as a draw is a decent result, but can't help feel we should have won it. Jota and Jimenez would usually finish one of those chances today. We restricted you to just one shot on target despite dominating possession which is our usual style of defensive counter play. 

Soyuncu for you and Boly for us the pick of the defensive displays on offer. 

Andre Mariner and Jon Moss are both utter pricks. Mariner especially shouldn't be allowed to ref either of our games as he supports a Midlands club (Villa I think). The foul count was 13:3 against us. Crazy the amount of stuff he let go, then punished incorrectly for both sides. 

I won't go on about the VAR decision. It's the new handball rule that is flawed not VAR. Accidental handball from point blank range shouldn't be punished, only if it goes straight in. Shit rule. 

Still, all in all, we're a point up on last season already and as has been mentioned already, none of the other teams around us have gained any ground. 

You're always full of excuses. Like a btec spurs fan

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bfox said:

Apart from 5 or 6 teams most have fairly new managers don't they. Anyways, I agree BR has not been here that long. But I would be worried if we're playing shit football week after week until XMAS, this team has far too much talent to be that bad

Yes I suppose. 

The football isn’t that bad though is it? Compared to some of the shit we’ve been served up over the years. 

• Like 2

Had plenty of the ball and a few chances, Vardys miss was amazing but Wolves, after being out played in the first half sat deep and hit us on the break with long balls over the top.

Being a big, physical side we got no joy from the numerous corners since we have few big guys to power the ball in.

Edited by ithuriel

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

That, and Maddison floating every single one to nobody at the back post.

Well, he did put a couple of near post ones in and the Wolves defenders just gobbled them up, thing is, against big sides we are going to have to be more inventive with corners since we do get a fair few.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

What's your excuse for not having a shot on target until 83 mins, despite having 70% possession?

Erm we didn't hit the target...... :blink:

We can admit to being largely poor in that game. You just want smoke blowing up your arse all of the time. Vardy chance was one of the biggest if not the biggest of the game 

Edited by foxfanazer

Just now, The Bear said:

What's your excuse for not having a shot on target until 83 mins, despite having 70% possession?

We out played you football wise, only in the second half when you sat deep and hit long balls in to your very pacey forwards were you a real threat.

Cant blame your team since that is your strength and it nearly worked but first half at times your players were all over the place.

Bar the crappy score line, was a decent opener for both sides I guess.

Thought we were fine today, controlled the tempo, Soyuncu passed his 1st test with a lot of pressure on the lad. Teilemans controlled the tempo.

Our biggest problem was the same that has plagued us for the last 2 or 3 years and we're far too static in the final 3rd. Got in to good positions only for everyone to stand still. Went completely opposite to most, including I, thought it would. We were solid at the back and poor going forward. Praet, if or when he comes in may be the key to that changing, but we need more movement. 

Chilwell was massively disappointing today, hope it was early season rustiness because he looked like he really couldn't be bothered at times

• Like 1

Wolves unlucky with VAR goal. We bossed game but pace of attacks was a bit ponderous and Puel-esque. Chilwell, Maddison and Perez were all repeatedly wasteful and would have been responsible for Wolves scoring on the counter attack but for the brilliant recovery work of Ndidi (my motm) and Soyuncu.

I think Rodgers played two DMs today purely because we have a three man midfield who are good on the ball and can dictate play if you let them. He was trying to stifle any service to Jota/Jimenez and force us down the flanks. 

I actually think you'd benefit from a similar formation to what we played last season - 3-4-3 with two inside forwards playing just behind the main striker. 

Schmeichel 

Soyuncu - Evans - Benkovic

Ricardo - Choudry - Tielemans - Chilwell

Perez          -        Maddison 

Vardy

It'd allow Perez/Maddison to play more centrally whilst still having the freedom to go wide if necessary, and also Pereira would benefit. I read he only got 2 assists in thr final 10 games after being moved back to full-back by Rodgers. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

Just now, The Bear said:

I think Rodgers played two DMs today purely because we have a three man midfield who are good on the ball and can dictate play if you let them. He was trying to stifle any service to Jota/Jimenez and force us down the flanks. 

I actually think you'd benefit from a similar formation to what we played last season - 3-4-3 with two inside forwardsplaying just behind the nd the main striker. 

Schmeichel 

Soyuncu - Evans - Benkovic

Ricardo - Choudry - Tielemans - Chilwell

Perez          -        Maddison 

Vardy

It'd allow Perez/Maddison to play more centrally whilst still having the freedom to go wide if necessary, and also Pereira would benefit. I read he only got 2 assists in thr final 10 games after being moved back to full-back by Rodgers. 

They were totally bypassed all game, you played long ball

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

We out played you football wise, only in the second half when you sat deep and hit long balls in to your very pacey forwards were you a real threat.

Cant blame your team since that is your strength and it nearly worked but first half at times your players were all over the place.

Bar the crappy score line, was a decent opener for both sides I guess.

Sounds familiar to fans of other teams circa 2015/2016

Fair result really. Defensively I thought we played well although Chilwell was poor today. Soyuncu was terrific and got motm didnt he?

Perez wasnt quite in the game, vardy hardly had any touches. Wilf played well breaking up their play and distribution was decent. Hamza pld well too.

They are a decent team and played well defensively and are a threat with jota and jimenez. 

Atmosphere was decent. Tifosi looked good. Not bad getting a point as last season theyd have won that without VAR. I didnt notice the handball in real time. When they showed the replay I still didnt see anything lol!