Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves Post Match 0-0

I get it's the first game but I don't necessarily think the negative comments are embarrassing. 

I would say all of our key players were quiet all game. Soyuncu was my stand out player. 

Lots more attacking from the off, we could have buried Wolves in the first half when in reality, if it wasn't for VAR, we would be discussing a 1-0 home loss right now. 

Whilst I'm not horrified, I'm certainly not overwhelmed from what I've seen. 

• Like 3

Wolves will feel hard done to about the goal but them's the rules. 

It was a ding dong game and we had chances. 

Soyuncu had a stormer.  Looking forward to commentators struggling with his name this season. 

• Like 1

On the plus side, the Evans-Soyuncu partnership looked rock-solid, and Caglar may have been our best player.  Also Barnes made a big difference in his short appearance.  We probably win if he starts the match.

OTOH, same old problems as last year - empty possession, not creating enough real chances, not clinical on the ones we do.  Obviously unless it's against elite opposition ('Pool, ManC and maybe Spurs) 2 holding mids is clearly not the way to go.  I hope it was only because Praet wasn't ready, but really no excuse not to start Barnes or at least Albrighton in a home season opener against a tired opponent.  

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Well our losing streak on the opening day is over :scarf:

Could have lost that on another day though.

Soyuncu was impressive.

Some of the comments in the match thread are simply embarrassing though, it's the first game lol

Indeed some of the comments were cringeworthy they are a good side, the first goal would have been massive for either side and they did set up to  stifle us. Of course some will have to moan as with Soyuncu stepping up and having a good game they need to find something else to moan about

No idea why we kept giving the ball to chilwell towards the end - he is a massive talent but only knows sideways. Ricardo is much more dangerous and can make stuff happen.

Pretty poor games by our other main creators. Barnes looked the most dangerous forward player again.

Ndidi was awesome, my motm. Followed by Soy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Well our losing streak on the opening day is over :scarf:

Could have lost that on another day though.

Soyuncu was impressive.

Some of the comments in the match thread are simply embarrassing though, it's the first game lol

Exactly!!!

Going forward, the new signings are going to need some time to settle in and Soyuncu looks like he's starting to come on.

I can only see things getting better for us.

Good, sensible start and as you say, broken the 3 year losing streak. :appl:

Edited by Kendal Fox

Can't help but feel wolves will see that as a better result than us. A draw isn't terrible but if we want to seriously push towards top 6, we have got to win at home, especially against teams who will also want to push top 6. 

Overall a pretty slow performance, we controlled possession for large parts but didn't create enough and they caused a few problems knocking long balls in behind. Boly was mom, he was awesome, as was Caglar. Chilwell was awful and Madders and Youri not at their best. Perez is extremely frustrating with how often he loses possession.

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

It's the corners that really need to be worked on. 12 corners and most just flew straight over.

I'd like to see Maddison and Tielemans alternate on them.