Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

Tellingly, he’s not progressed one jot since we signed him four years ago. 

And yes, I acknowledge his decent game at West Ham, and his part in the team goal at Palace. That’s kind of the point isn’t it - it’s not difficult to remember his very occasional flashes of something like...

1 hour ago, Always Next Year said:

Gray has no potential he’s been here 4 seasons and still no improvement, Rodgers as more chance of harnessing a horse.

Splitting hairs.... Gray as a younger Player with no Major Experience came in 2016... Nacho came 2017,with a decent Cover of experience...

Not much difference in Age...both born '96'.

I Don t understand,how we can be Happy we got B.Rodgers,and allow him and Management decide on any players Future potential..

Yes Praise or criticise individual  Match performances,if thats what turns you on..!! But fans still havent learnt in curbing their negative cranky opinions on 

Various players...We ask our players to learn,to be able  think and Advance through the years...What about some of our fans...

Vardy,Morgan,Huth,Ricardo,Chilwell,Drinkwater,Schmeichel ,even Kante,in fact the whole title squad...!!!

Like the above,Nacho and a few others,they have all turned their performances and quality into match,or season deciding periods....

History Shows its the FANS,who Lack more Competence and ideas,than the players.....If seems some fans,After continual nagging,get One right,and they puff their chest out,spread around the 'told ya so's ". and forget easily like  the stomach aches they are, have troffed more on humble Pie and omlettes from eggs dropping off their faces...

i suppose it takes all sorts, Bit I would rather encourage and support,than throw out  individual  negative ' told ya so' opinions....trying to prove what a Great pundit,I could be..!!!  Because you see,I know I aint a pundit,but have been a fan,and wised up....

Only an opinion..mind..:chant:

Edited by fuchsntf

Just watched the winning goal. Which player does he cover? Scapegoat Gray if it makes you feel better. But he was caught between a rock and a hard place.

This place is so predictable. and sad.

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Shows you didnt watch or understand the moment closely....Gray was Left alone covering 2 dangerous players..there was a Villa  man also outside him,

so he was stuck in Nomansland...Devil He does,Devil he doesnt situation..!!! If he would of gone in gungho on El Mohammedi,there was an easy pass to the

Villa guy,free on the wing....!!     Normally our defence, Ricardo + Soyu, would of have that Cross covered,but both missread the moment and Flight of the ball,Schmeichel Let himself Play for a deflection,Not the path of the ball.....All mistakes in the game of football....

should we crucify  the other 3...???? Where Ricardo Shouldnt have tried the stretch,but made his whole Body big to Block or Head out the danger.he was slow getting there....but thats no negative critic,just what happens when players turn Off for a second...

Its a painfull frustrating journey with Gray,its up to BR,to See if he can still Advance Grays potential....Nacho is turning his potential slowly in the right direction.

There is something within Gray,if it can be harnassed by Rodgers,then Great ,if Not BR will know what to do..!!!

My advice, "go on Gray lad Grab this chance,and Play your game,become more  selfish,but still Heads up for other runners."...

I wouldn't say they're mistakes,just decisions made in a split second.

Seems like they're expected to know what to do every second and never get beat and other teams cant do great things.

6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Just watched the winning goal. Which player does he cover? Scapegoat Gray if you makes you feel better. But he was caught between a rock and a hard place.

That’s why it’s called a Forum, every one can voice how they feel, what gives you the right to censor what people think, if you can’t stand the heat get out the kitchen as they say.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

That’s why it’s called a Forum, every one can voice how they feel, what gives you the right to censor what people think, if you can’t stand the heat get out the kitchen as they say.

Out of interest, at what point in his post does he try to censor anything? He's just calling us predictable, and he's on the money. 

• Like 1

Let's give Demari a break. He's a Leicester player and a decent one who hasn't, for whatever reason, had a decent run in the team that all players need.

Claude Puel seemed to like him, though Claudio, Shakey and now Rodgers were never totally convinced. As long as he's a City player I'll support him and you never know, he may yet play a role in the FA Cup this season vs Birmingham/Cov or whoever after that. No doubt if he gets some decent games in, his stock will go up and he'll be in demand over the summer for a decent fee. Still only 23? 

Above all let's support the lad, especially if his confidence is not high. 

• Like 2

He's had enough opportunities now, to be honest.

His opportunities have shown that, whilst he has performed well in certain games, he's rather failed to deliver them consistently; and his decision-making can still be frustratingly poor.

Someone like Bournemouth, a team where he would be seen as a 'key' man and desperate need someone of his presence, would be great for him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He's had enough opportunities now, to be honest.

His opportunities have shown that, whilst he has performed well in certain games, he's rather failed to deliver them consistently; and his decision-making can still be frustratingly poor.

Someone like Bournemouth, a team where he would be seen as a 'key' man and desperate need someone of his presence, would be great for him.

He had every chance of being the key man when riyad left. The reason he didn’t take it is because he is not good enough. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

You need a sharp brain at the top level and Gray often looks as if he does not know what to do next. Its something you either have or you don't and premiership football is just too much for him.

3 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

He had every chance of being the key man when riyad left. The reason he didn’t take it is because he is not good enough. 

Exactly, but I should've made it clearer on the him potentially being a 'key man' for a team towards the bottom of the league or even somewhere like West Brom etc/whoever wins the play-off in May when they get promoted.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2020 at 16:33, st albans fox said:

He had been asked to cover/mark grealish, their best player .... I expect this had been drummed into him when he came on. Watch the move - gray is drawn towards el mohamedy but thinks twice as he drops back to cover grealish - that’s what effect a really good player has - he only has to stand still to affect the game !! 

It's Jack Grealish, not mark

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2020 at 13:19, SO1 said:

Just watched the winning goal. Which player does he cover? Scapegoat Gray if it makes you feel better. But he was caught between a rock and a hard place.

He was “caught between a rock and a hard place” and choose to cover NEITHER! lol

Personally, I do not indulge in blanket player-bashing, but have absolutely no qualms with alternatively commending and condemning (criticizing) any player’s specific performances. Just as many of us applauded Gray’s performance against West Ham (despite the missed PK), we can say that he bottled it against Villa.

>

Edited by NaijaFox

• 4 weeks later...

I think he's done here to be honest and will probably be sold in the summer - I think if they stay up it'll be Bournemouth, they've always bought long term targets.

With a year left on his deal it suits all parties. I think it'd be good for him.

• Like 3