Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

Really not happy with his (limited) contribution today. Especially given he should have been fresh and raring to go.

What exactly is he doing for the goal? He tells someone to close Grealish down but then stands watching Elmohamady cross the ball? What's his impact there? Why no pressure on the ball?

Also have no idea what else he did when he came on. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Really not happy with his (limited) contribution today. Especially given he should have been fresh and raring to go.

What exactly is he doing for the goal? He tells someone to close Grealish down but then stands watching Elmohamady cross the ball? What's his impact there? Why no pressure on the ball?

Also have no idea what else he did when he came on. 

was only on for about 5 minutes tbf 

11 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

I don’t like Gray as a player And I think we should bin him off but you can’t slate him for their second goal. It’s Ricardo man, he’s at fault. 

Respectfully disagree.

Instead of backing up all the way to Siberia, if he had come out to meet El Mohammedy and put a little pressure on the cross, even if he didn't stop the cross it would have been delivered hurriedly and with probably less precision. Everything else follows from that miscue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

I don’t like Gray as a player And I think we should bin him off but you can’t slate him for their second goal. It’s Ricardo man, he’s at fault. 

Don’t Agree, if he had closed down the player making the cross the cross would never have been made.

But no he just stands and dose fcuk all.

Been here 4 seasons and progressed at all.

17 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

Join in with stoning the bloke

I was watching a documentary about capital punishment and was thinking, we've come so far from other humans just standing by to watch someone get stoned to death.

Then i see foxestalk threads and think, oh we've not really come that far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He's no more at fault then Soyuncu or Riccardo, however because he has less in the credit bank, so he's easier to single out and criticise.

Yes he could have stopped the cross, but the other two could have judged it flight better and dealt with it.

In fact both Soyuncu and Riccardo were culpable for the first goal.

18 hours ago, StanSP said:

Technically, my point still stands. Think he gave the ball away twice in that time anyway.

Yeah he lost two balls played into him from midfield consecutively. The second of which started the passage of play leading to the goal.

He is either still not ready to play much part in the first team or is just not good enough. 

I'll add that Ive now seen the last 4 managers (I think) scream in apparent frustration at him when he just switches off and neither works to find space going forward or chases back when he loses the ball.

Edited by Bablemikey

3 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Don’t Agree, if he had closed down the player making the cross the cross would never have been made.

He had been asked to cover/mark grealish, their best player .... I expect this had been drummed into him when he came on. Watch the move - gray is drawn towards el mohamedy but thinks twice as he drops back to cover grealish - that’s what effect a really good player has - he only has to stand still to affect the game !! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Shows you didnt watch or understand the moment closely....Gray was Left alone covering 2 dangerous players..there was a Villa  man also outside him,

so he was stuck in Nomansland...Devil He does,Devil he doesnt situation..!!! If he would of gone in gungho on El Mohammedi,there was an easy pass to the

Villa guy,free on the wing....!!     Normally our defence, Ricardo + Soyu, would of have that Cross covered,but both missread the moment and Flight of the ball,Schmeichel Let himself Play for a deflection,Not the path of the ball.....All mistakes in the game of football....

should we crucify  the other 3...???? Where Ricardo Shouldnt have tried the stretch,but made his whole Body big to Block or Head out the danger.he was slow getting there....but thats no negative critic,just what happens when players turn Off for a second...

Its a painfull frustrating journey with Gray,its up to BR,to See if he can still Advance Grays potential....Nacho is turning his potential slowly in the right direction.

There is something within Gray,if it can be harnassed by Rodgers,then Great ,if Not BR will know what to do..!!!

My advice, "go on Gray lad Grab this chance,and Play your game,become more  selfish,but still Heads up for other runners."...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Shows you didnt watch or understand the moment closely....Gray was Left alone covering 2 dangerous players..there was a Villa  man also outside him,

so he was stuck in Nomansland...Devil He does,Devil he doesnt situation..!!! If he would of gone in gungho on El Mohammedi,there was an easy pass to the

Villa guy,free on the wing....!!     Normally our defence, Ricardo + Soyu, would of have that Cross covered,but both missread the moment and Flight of the ball,Schmeichel Let himself Play for a deflection,Not the path of the ball.....All mistakes in the game of football....

should we crucify  the other 3...???? Where Ricardo Shouldnt have tried the stretch,but made his whole Body big to Block or Head out the danger.he was slow getting there....but thats no negative critic,just what happens when players turn Off for a second...

Its a painfull frustrating journey with Gray,its up to BR,to See if he can still Advance Grays potential....Nacho is turning his potential slowly in the right direction.

There is something within Gray,if it can be harnassed by Rodgers,then Great ,if Not BR will know what to do..!!!

My advice, "go on Gray lad Grab this chance,and Play your game,become more  selfish,but still Heads up for other runners."...

Gray has no potential he’s been here 4 seasons and still no improvement, Rodgers as more chance of harnessing a horse.

57 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Never seen it with this guy, never watched him once and been impressed, the very definition of someone who flatters to deceive, would be amazed if he ever made it at Leicester, a championship player if ever there was one.

Bit harsh

bit part player

never gets a prolonged run in the team 

scored better goals for England u21s than he has for us.

has never really flourished here.

he could definitely be an asset to lower half teams in the Prem 

20 hours ago, Tanya said:

I can't say he is to blame because I can't stand to watch that goal again. 

But our defending was weak whole game so I'd wager it's a collective issue. 

Love Ricardo and he’s probably been our best player this season but he was weak for their winning goal but the blame seems to lie with Gray, if it had been Chilwell caught out like that this place would of gone into meltdown.