Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

3 hours ago, mod hero said:

Has Gray played at all since Villa in the cup? Not sure he has. Might indicate Rodgers lays some of the blame for the goal.

Surely looking at bombing him out in the summer.

He only has a year left on his contract after this season, probably not done enough to warrant a new contract, not worth loaning out, only option really is to sell him, shame really I thought he was going to do well for us.

Gray frustrates me, as I can see there's a player in there and he can do some fantastic things, but he makes poor decisions or switches off at times. For what we aspire to be, it's not good enough. Pep or Klopp wouldn't stand for it. Pep wasn't playing Mahrez until he was confident he'd be on it all game, he doesn't play Stones because he knows he's likely to have a brain fart. It can be ironed out of a player, but we've been trying so long on that side of Gray's game, and there only seems to be slight improvements.

He's the attacking equivalent of Titus Bramble. Bramble could have a faultless 89 minutes and then needless two foot the striker in the box and give away a penalty. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Gray frustrates me, as I can see there's a player in there and he can do some fantastic things, but he makes poor decisions or switches off at times. For what we aspire to be, it's not good enough. Pep or Klopp wouldn't stand for it. Pep wasn't playing Mahrez until he was confident he'd be on it all game, he doesn't play Stones because he knows he's likely to have a brain fart. It can be ironed out of a player, but we've been trying so long on that side of Gray's game, and there only seems to be slight improvements.

He's the attacking equivalent of Titus Bramble. Bramble could have a faultless 89 minutes and then needless two foot the striker in the box and give away a penalty. 

I see the point you're trying to make but I don't think Gray has ever had a faultless 29 minutes, let alone 89. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The time is right to move on, with hopefully reinforcements in our wide positions coming in the summer (although I wouldn't count on it) we need to cash on someone we can still probably get a reasonable fee for. I think there's enough teams in this league that would want him. If he goes somewhere he'll play most games I think we could eventually see him get decent numbers but he's never going to get that opportunity here.

45 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I see the point you're trying to make but I don't think Gray has ever had a faultless 29 minutes, let alone 89. 

Different for attackers and defenders though. Vardy won't have had a faultless 90 minutes either, Evans will though.

When he arrived we all saw him as the future. Sure he had a few rough edges, fluffed his lines occasionally but he still a raw teenager.  Despite all the promise, and no lack of raw talent, he has not progressed. He was given every chance by firstly Puel (who tbf tried him in a variety of positions, none of which he excelled in) and Rodgers when he first arrived. Both coaches who have reputations for being able to develop young players, yet neither able to get any sort of sustained tune from him. Admittedly, he has impressed on a few occasions as an impact sub, but whenever he then gets a start he seems to go backwards again.  When you look at the strides made by the likes of Chilwell, Barnes etc, and latterly Nacho (something i will readily admit i had almost given up on seeing) it cannot be the mentoring and coaching at the club but something within himself.  Sadly i think he has run his course with us and it is probably in everyones best interests if he looks elsewhere while he still has youth on his side and can forge a decent career somewhere like Bournemouth or Palace.

I suppose we should not expect every youngster we sign to be the next Ronaldo/Messi and some will just not work out. 

If you look at our regular starting XI and our squad as a whole and you rationally understand we are still a long way from being a top 4 juggernaut it's peripheral players like Gray, Albrighton etc that might sadly have to be moved on and replaced with players as good, or hopefully better than the likes of Perez and Barnes and it's they who then challenge the better calibre for a place. We have his a plateau of late and although we have made huge improvements under Rodgers, there's much more to come and he will look to improve our starting XI and squad. Out wide is the obvious weak area, Gray is surely going to be moved on in the summer.

• Like 3

I just don't remember him doing that much in 124 apps. I can think of three moments, the goal against Cardiff, the run against Everton during Puel's first game and the goal against Man U. Couple of other run of the mill goals but hardly anything standout. 

It's annoying as everyone wants him to do well but he's the same as when we bought him 4 years ago. 

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I just don't remember him doing that much in 124 apps. I can think of three moments, the goal against Cardiff, the run against Everton during Puel's first game and the goal against Man U. Couple of other run of the mill goals but hardly anything standout. 

It's annoying as everyone wants him to do well but he's the same as when we bought him 4 years ago. 

The goals against Derby and Wolves were good too.