Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

So where will we be in 8 years time?

Champions league winners. Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Chilwell, Benkovic, Soyuncu and Justin all become world class. The new state of the art training facility and promotion of youth attracts all the best young talent from around the world. We scrap off the stadium expansion and decide to build a 65k stadium with a giant Vichai statue standing over it like the colossus of rhodes, one foot on each side. I promise I'm not getting carried away. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mint23 said:

I’d probably take 7th-10th finishes consistently. Realistically we aren’t big enough to push for Europe each season but it would be great to secure our place where we are now for a decade, I can’t think of a club that’s ever done that other than Everton in the premier league era, everyone else is either a top six mega rich club or has had top 10 finishes but end up dropping off and getting relegated after a few seasons such as West Ham/Brom, Stoke, Middlesbrough, Fulham etc. If we can break that mould we’d be a great success.

So who were these mega rich top 6 clubs 10 years ago when Man City were 10th and Spurs 8th... which were pretty much their expected finishing places at the time? 

Status Quos are made to be broken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

We'll be back in the championship but I'm ok with that.

We are still one of many clubs who are only 2 awful back to back managerial appointments away from relegation.

Yep, see Southampton, were in a similar position to us not so long ago, then appointed Puel followed by Pellegrino and then Hughes, and got incredibly lucky not to have gone down.

I would take still being in the PL without relegation for 8 straight years even if some of those were mid table or low mid table! It would make us a much 'bigger' club in terms of standing and thus more likely to have a future in the top division.

However, think we can actually stay a top 10 club for this period, PROVIDED the right decisions are made and good replacements made for those going out. Think Congerton will be a weak link with transfers, TBH.

I think it's going to get tougher.

Winning the league woke a number of clubs up from their slumber and they intent on following our model or producing something similar.

Wolves have made the jump, Villa are attempting to do the same. If Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds etc get there act together and get sizeable foreign investment then who knows.

We just need to make sure we stay one step ahead, I think the current plans for the training ground and stadium expansion reflect that.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Thread idea courtesy of Swansea guy and decumulion (or whatever the username was).....but the plot is a good 'un.  Especially when it is revived in August 2027.

At best, we'll have a stellar design rebuilt stadium approx 43000, a realistic European place each year (arsenal style) and, again a bit like arsenal, a knack for picking up under the radar French/Belgium/German league players who go on to big things.

At worst, we'll be relegated and use money as a blunt instrument to buy ourselves back into the premier (like Newcastle do - the only time Ashkey really backs them)

Wrong North London club to follow in the footsteps of. It's fun to laugh at Spurs, and I still hate them after Wembley 1999, but they've made incredible progress in the last few years.

Stunning new stadium creatively funded that shouldn't affect their ability to compete in the near future ✔️

Ambitious and competitive at the highest level ✔️ (ignoring the fact that they still haven't won anything)

Champions League regulars and capable of beating some of the best in Europe ✔️

Excellent training ground ✔️

Young coach bringing through some excellent young players ✔️

I strongly believe that we can achieve similar, though hopefully winning stuff along the way.