Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

So where will we be in 8 years time?

Thread idea courtesy of Swansea guy and decumulion (or whatever the username was).....but the plot is a good 'un.  Especially when it is revived in August 2027.

At best, we'll have a stellar design rebuilt stadium approx 43000, a realistic European place each year (arsenal style) and, again a bit like arsenal, a knack for picking up under the radar French/Belgium/German league players who go on to big things.

At worst, we'll be relegated and use money as a blunt instrument to buy ourselves back into the premier (like Newcastle do - the only time Ashkey really backs them)

• Like 2

I think our league position will be around the same position we are now. IE between 7th and 10th place on a consistent basis, which would still be very good going. Would love us to push on and become a team that regularly fights for the Champions League places, but the league is so competitive that it's hard to the current top 6 clubs permanently drop out of that group due to their yearly revenues. If anything there are plenty of teams fighting for our spot with rich owners such as Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Aston Villa, and I'm sure there will be more that join that group.

Hopefully in 10 years time we will have bagged a trophy or two along the way. Would love the FA Cup, or even the Europa League!

I’d probably take 7th-10th finishes consistently. Realistically we aren’t big enough to push for Europe each season but it would be great to secure our place where we are now for a decade, I can’t think of a club that’s ever done that other than Everton in the premier league era, everyone else is either a top six mega rich club or has had top 10 finishes but end up dropping off and getting relegated after a few seasons such as West Ham/Brom, Stoke, Middlesbrough, Fulham etc. If we can break that mould we’d be a great success.

2 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

I’d probably take 7th-10th finishes consistently. Realistically we aren’t big enough to push for Europe each season but it would be great to secure our place where we are now for a decade, I can’t think of a club that’s ever done that other than Everton in the premier league era, everyone else is either a top six mega rich club or has had top 10 finishes but end up dropping off and getting relegated after a few seasons such as West Ham/Brom, Stoke, Middlesbrough, Fulham etc. If we can break that mould we’d be a great success.

The only thing is, the money wasnt available back then as it is now. With the right resources and recruitment, we could certainly push within the next few years. Ambition got us where were are at now - Why stop.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think our league position will be around the same position we are now. IE between 7th and 10th place on a consistent basis, which would still be very good going. Would love us to push on and become a team that regularly fights for the Champions League places, but the league is so competitive that it's hard to the current top 6 clubs permanently drop out of that group due to their yearly revenues. If anything there are plenty of teams fighting for our spot with rich owners such as Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Aston Villa, and I'm sure there will be more that join that group.

Hopefully in 10 years time we will have bagged a trophy or two along the way. Would love the FA Cup, or even the Europa League!

Don't ruin the top 4/6 narrative please.

• Haha 1

Under the ownership of Milan Mandaric as Top and the crew decided to pump all resources into Leuven to make them world beaters, Gary Megson will be the helm as he has unfinished business and we will be trotting out in Division 3.

Swansea will be Champions of Wales as after Brexit is finally completed in 2021, Scotland and Wales breakaway so we get arsey and send Cardiff, Newport, Swansea packing out of English football. The Good news for the Swans is you are in Europe every season, albeit the 1st Qualifying round of the newly formed Europa "Plate", where all the crap are piled into one section.

Guest MattP

Probably in a similar place where we are now, although I do worry about us for a couple of seasons after Vardy goes.

As another poster said almost everyone outside the top six is a couple of bad appointments from relegation. 

This kind of thread just makes me realise how relentless football is. 

In terms of the question itself, I expect a similar position and would love an FA Cup win, or another League Cup win, but so much can change so quickly in football. I expect Blackburn, Stoke, Swansea, Bolton, West Brom and Boro fans probably thought similar at one point in time over the past few years. 

as long as we’re not still finishing between 8th and 12th and losing in cup quarter finals than i don’t really care. not fussed if we fu ck it all up and start again, would prefer it if we got back in to europe of course. 

just don’t stagnate and get boring like quite a few mid table teams have in the past. couldn’t think of anything worse. 

Football matches won't exist like they do now. VAR will have taken over and games will be decided by a computer with the games shown FIFA style on big screens in city centres.

Occasionaly PL "real" games will happen but they will be played in Shangai, Sydney or Seoul