Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is strange, you do get the feeling you are either in Rodgers good books or not!!!

He was getting game time for a long time with us and now he cannot get a game, even with our injuries and the opportunity to rotate. It is as if Rodgers will not take any instructions from anyone and will change things up when he feels like it. Week after week we were calling for him to be dropped and Rodgers continued to play him. Now he cannot get a game for love nor money.

Yes, very strange. It was almost as if someone kept trying, trying and trying again in the hope Perez eventually came good so they didn't get found out as being a shite judge of a good player or to justify the expenditure of a huge sum of money 🤔

Oh well,  at least they won't be trusted to make the same cock up twice or anymore in the future?

🤡🦕🦕🦖🦖🐌🐌

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Hes been sh1t.

Anyone who tries to justify him is also sh1t!

I actually think he is a talented player, but has never quite fitted into our evolving (correct word?😳) way of playing.

He was really good in his first season, but presumably is not doing it in training and is now down the pecking order. Just because my opinion differs from you, I don’t think I am sh1t. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BoyJones said:

I actually think he is a talented player, but has never quite fitted into our evolving (correct word?😳) way of playing.

He was really good in his first season, but presumably is not doing it in training and is now down the pecking order. Just because my opinion differs from you, I don’t think I am sh1t

LOL.

Your not shit and your opinions DO count, dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

BUT Perez has been  sh1t for us, a real flop.

That's a fact and anyone who justifies it by his "assist" in the FA Cup final is Really  taking the p1ss!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BoyJones said:

He was really good in his first season, but presumably is not doing it in training and is now down the pecking order. Just because my opinion differs from you, I don’t think I am sh1t. 

Don't know what " evolving" we have done this season though?

The best part of Perez’s time with us was when everyone started arguing about his best position - he’s not a winger, he’s not a striker, he’s not a 10, he only plays well in a 2 upfront…until he’d tried all of them and the results were the same.

The reality is, to be a good attacking player you need certain attributes - at least one of the following or a bit of all of them - pace, skill, creativity, aerial threat, power.

In reality I’m not sure he has any of these attributes. He presses well and he takes up some decent positions, but overall he just doesn’t seem to have the game to be a consistent premier league attacking player. One good 1/2 season for Newcastle and we overpaid. We need to move him on and write it off. Would love to be proved wrong, but I genuinely can’t see him coming good for us.

Thanks for the ‘assist’ in the cup final

old chap and all the best for the future 👋👋👋

He can't control the price tag and he does seem to put a shift in. His pressing is good and I can see him working in a team that presses opposition into mistakes, with someone to pick up the loose balls.

Didn't he play with Kelechi a few times? Seem to remember that kind of working. 

Overall, he's not as bad a flop as Slim, Musa or some of the others we signed after the title win but he's pushing it. 

• Like 1

Probably not playing due a a clause in his contract regarding a number of appearances.

There were a lot of rumours previously that the actual fee was 16 million which could increase to 30 million due to add ons so it would kind of make sense.

• Like 1

The assist was from Thomas.   Perez's defining moment was an accidental co trol before the assist.  For that he will be fondly remembered. 

If he is part of the squad next season, our moving players on/ recruitment will have been, at least in part, questionable.

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s definitely going, I think the tell tale sign is always when they’re not playing, we’ve seen it time and time again. 

When’s his contract up? Will we terminate his contract by mutual consent, or let him go for a couple million?

Personally think the main thing is getting his wages off our book

46 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I can't forget his miss at Stanford Bridge last season. 5 minutes to go and he should've equalised :nigel:

He's been absolutely shocking for us!

and yes, that miss was particularly agonising..

Cost us Champions League football.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

When’s his contract up? Will we terminate his contract by mutual consent, or let him go for a couple million?

Personally think the main thing is getting his wages off our book

Sell him, I think we can definitely get between £10-15 mill for him!