Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Chelsea finished 4th with 1 point more than us...so if we'd got a draw in the game against them (ie Perez had scored) we would have finished 4th , 1pt clear of them?

Perez aint so bad, however, I think of the manner of that miss every time I see him. Like a mate who shagged your Mrs, never goes away.

We could have gifted Kane 10 goals and still qualified to be slaughtered in the champions league this year.

Maybe he did us a favour afterall? Thats what my mate allways tells me anyway.

We were on about this at the Rennes game. Perez was a regular for Rodgers for 2 years probably up to about October or November then suddenly he's not even getting on from the bench. I don't think he's as terrible a player as some on here do, there's been plenty of times where him getting a foot in or winning a ball back has started an attacking move for us. But it's just weird how he's gone from being a manager's favourite to a Spanish Vestergaard. I get the impression Rodgers would rather play anyone else or change formation just to avoid him coming on. Pretty sure we could rob £10M off Fulham for him if they get up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, He aint bald said:

Then up to 14 million if for 10 minutes off the bench? Why put him on the bench, it would be an expensive brain fart. 

Brendan enjoys tormenting Top or thinking oh his 1st years wages at Newcastle paid for in one? 

Keep him on the bench when for his last final games before triggering the clause and use him scarcely.

If there was one game left then fair enough, he shouldn't be on the bench.

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Useless but Brendon would always play him. Since getting sent off vs West Ham he’s not had a sniff 

Weird that, as although it was a red he didn’t intentionally do that and looked like an honest attempt to shield the ball if I remember right. It wouldn’t be something your manager would phase you out for doing! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, moseeds said:

He's so strange. Terrible as a regular, but he's had a huge hand in some astonishing moments - the 9-0, the FA Cup win, and now tonight's historic win in Eindhoven. What an odd man.

because he either plays really well or looks like he’s never seen a ball before. 

When you get him on a good day he is very effective. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fox said:

No away I would have predicted that.

Such an odd player - peaks, troughs, long periods of rubbish and then he pulls 45 minutes like that out

He plays a certain role very well...and he played that role well. But that role is most useful when we don't have a CDM. I don't see a lot of those games next season.

Glad he did well tonight; don't expect him in a Leicester shirt next year.

• Like 2