Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

16 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

His cameos have been great of late, cannot recall a single time he has been subbed on this season where he hasn't improved the team. 

I think perhaps he is just suited to coming on rather than starting. 

I think most of us are aware he has talent, it's just consistency and our system not being set up ideally for him.

• Like 2

Remember when West Ham beat us early in the season 4-1 and Souchek,Antonio,Coufal et al bullied us ...Perez was sent off for a dangerous tackle (unluckily,he stumbled just before he made it)but at least he got stuck into them....admired him for that

• Like 1

He was becoming the forgotten man of the season alongside Mendy but that appearance last night was top class.

I'd nearly rate his as his best for us. The hat trick in the 9-0 win over the saints was good but the game was as good as  done when he got his first. Last Night was a contribution that he was largely responsible for and his impact was undeniable.

Surely he'll play some part in the Newcastle game.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I’ve always liked him. Tidy player that has always gotten too much stick from our fans, especially when players like Mendy, Thomas and Amartey have been weirdly idolised (although different types of players, none are as good as Ayo in terms of quality imo) 

Have you seen him over the last 2-3 years?! I guess he has mostly played out of position. I’d love for it to work here for him, but aside from Thurs night it’s been poor at best.

He has shown some form so could be useful over the next few games.  He showed passion, and skill, in Eindhoven.

But...

Over the course of the last few seasons, he has been poor.  He should move on.

His contribution yesterday and in the FA Cup final means he will leave us with some positive memories.

I love the revisionism here. Yes he played well yesterday in his cameo. For which I am very grateful. But there is a reason he's drifted away from the starting 11. Because he's generally played well below the standards we expect and need. He's a good technician, but has always lacked in pace and strength. Top contribution yesterday. But it won't be swaying my position on Perez overall.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I love the revisionism here. Yes he played well yesterday in his cameo. For which I am very grateful. But there is a reason he's drifted away from the starting 11. Because he's generally played well below the standards we expect and need. He's a good technician, but has always lacked in pace and strength. Top contribution yesterday. But it won't be swaying my position on Perez overall.

:appl: perez is a squad player and he did the business last night.

26 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Loved how during injury time he fouled their player out wide last night breaking up an attack, went down injured and wasted a minute of stoppage time before getting up and saying he didn’t need treatment. 

Yep. Exactly the kind of behaviour we need more of. That's the kind of stuff we'd have fallen victim to at one point.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Trev3939 said:

I have been very critical of him in the past but now I realise it may just be the fact he isn't getting played in the central position that suits him. 

All his damage came down the right 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

His best games have always been in combo with Ricky P down the right 

Yep, they work well together. Perez is technically good and deceptively quick with the ball at his feet. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Not everyone was happy with him coming on

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 9.10.19 AM.png

Some people know nothing about the sport.  Instead that spew garbage in the hopes that they get it right - when they do, they dance around with their chest stuck out.  When they dont, they are nowhere to be found.

Edited by marbles

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Not everyone was happy with him coming on

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 9.10.19 AM.png

And? An over the top reaction but it's rooted in some reason. Let's be fair, if Perez hadn't contributed would people have been saying it was completely the right decision to make the sub and just unfortunate that it didn't pan out? Of course not. Fact is he picked a guy who's barely played all season and struggled to contribute as much as he should have done in his time here.

Fair play to Rodgers and Perez for providing a massive contribution. Sometimes these things don't come off and the manager gets slammed for it so it's right that they get some credit in this situation.

• Like 2

I suppose what you do have to say for Perez, even though he was largely pinponted as the weak link at the time (correctly too I may add) we did go on that ridiculously good run with him virtually an ever present in the side. I wonder if he just helps the balance somewhat.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I suppose what you do have to say for Perez, even though he was largely pinponted as the weak link at the time (correctly too I may add) we did go on that ridiculously good run with him virtually an ever present in the side. I wonder if he just helps the balance somewhat.

One other thing to mention is that he brings out the best in Ricardo; they're pretty much telepathically linked.

• Haha 1