Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

With Perez there are those that think he is crap end off, with a few lucky moments. That will complain and boo when they see fit.

Then there are those that think he’s a very clever player, has skill and craft, but suited to certain positions, at times being used incorrectly that will support him when he does get the chances. 

I am delighted for him, as I think I’m the right position he can be very good for us. 

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I suppose what you do have to say for Perez, even though he was largely pinponted as the weak link at the time (correctly too I may add) we did go on that ridiculously good run with him virtually an ever present in the side. I wonder if he just helps the balance somewhat.

just friendly tit a tat..
Your 2nd line then the last , shows for any opinion on a player, maybe just maybe,

some are not reading a players natural game + games they are asked to play..

#Manager trying something then forced to circumstance need to change

# Availability of resource for position and player available

# experiments & changes within relevant to present desired tactics

#it needs sometimes with above mix , not one game but several

#etc..etc

#fans see so many things as black n white or obvious & they just ain’t

4 hours ago, turkish14 said:

With Perez there are those that think he is crap end off, with a few lucky moments. That will complain and boo when they see fit.

Then there are those that think he’s a very clever player, has skill and craft, but suited to certain positions, at times being used incorrectly that will support him when he does get the chances. 

I am delighted for him, as I think I’m the right position he can be very good for us. 

He made a worthwhile contribution the other night but 2 or 3 good games every about three years is hardly worth a love in. Very dispensable at the end of the season to both save on his wages and with a bit of luck grab just a very small percentage of the relative fortune we paid for him.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2022 at 09:34, Fox92 said:

Always said his control and footwork with the ball is good.

Plus when he came on yesterday he thought about it! First time all game a "winger" (he's not a winger, mind) thought about it. 

....yeah, very much do something different instead of just putting the ball in the box!!!

Far too predictable in those situations, we are a team of professional players, surely they have the where with-all to be inventive in those circumstances. We struggle too much in the last third, and that is down to not knowing when to make that pass or selecting the wrong person to pass to. Perhaps drills in that situations where certain players take up positions where players will be aware of the positions of others.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2022 at 13:33, He aint bald said:

Perez aint so bad, however, I think of the manner of that miss every time I see him (vs Chelsea in league) never goes away.

On 14/04/2022 at 13:55, phoneticerror said:

He’s had some stinkers, but he’s deserved a bit of forgiveness tonight 

On 14/04/2022 at 13:55, Lionator said:

Amazing despite his lack of contributions, his major contributions are linked to the most momentous in our history. 

time heals

Perez has great skill and vision and he is capable of putting in a shift defensively, but although he is well capable of scoring goals he is not a prolific goal scorer and that is why the 30 million price tag weighs so heavily. Rodgers has also played him out wide for the majority of his time here and clearly that's not his best position. However, he is an excellent squad player who should be rotated into our team more often to freshen things up. This is an aspect of his coaching that Rodgers needs to improve. He has a tendency to overuse some players, which as we have seen can lead to injuries, and under use others. Perez, Praet who is out on loan(?), Mendy who didn't get registered for Europe(?), Daka and Lookman in particular and Iheanacho before Vardy's injury could all have been utilized more effectively IMO.   

• Like 1

Always said he numbers in that position meant he shouldn't be playing on the right for us and have been saying for years to sign someone who can get goals from that position. A couple if years ago I was on about Jarrod Bowen. I still don't like Perez but Albrighton, Lookman and Maddison are all poor there so I suppose in the absence of anyone else he should be playing.

But for Pete's sake sign a right sided player this summer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Always said he numbers in that position meant he shouldn't be playing on the right for us and have been saying for years to sign someone who can get goals from that position. A couple if years ago I was on about Jarrod Bowen. I still don't like Perez but Albrighton, Lookman and Maddison are all poor there so I suppose in the absence of anyone else he should be playing.

But for Pete's sake sign a right sided player this summer.

Why he would only play on the left, just so Rodgers can upset you & @Sacrebleuits442..:P

He should get a game.

Comments about fans being 'haters' or not having any faith in Perez are juvenile.

He's not a 90 minute a game god send and spending virtually his entire LCC career out of position hasn't helped.

Ultimately our opinions are irrelevant, Brandan is the 'hater' surely as hasn't picked him. 

Can’t believe he’s getting praise. I thought he was his usual self. Lightweight, gave the ball away. No attacking threat. 
his assist was a fluke. He didn’t mean it so he can’t be praised for flicking a ball into the box 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Gunnlaugson's Rizlas said:

As ever, he’s grabbed a few garbage time goals when he needed to bag himself another season here. Kind of like having him around the team still tbf. 

I like him. He had some stinkers in the first half of the season sure, but he’s not a bad bench warmer. His first goal today was my favourite for the whole game.

Was set to end the season without a league goal to his name but a lovely brace. I think he'll want to seek a new challenge as much as anything. He's only made about 20 appearances this season and most of those were from the bench, I think he'll get a loan move where his wages are covered for a year and possibly a small loan fee.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was set to end the season without a league goal to his name but a lovely brace. I think he'll want to seek a new challenge as much as anything. He's only made about 20 appearances this season and most of those were from the bench, I think he'll get a loan move where his wages are covered for a year and possibly a small loan fee.

Only played 851 minutes all season, rough equivalent of 10 games.

8 goal contributions is too bad (3 goals and 5 assist) not to shabby.

• Like 4