Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Chelsea Away Post-Match thread

52 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Superb performance that from 10 of our players and we should have won!

Tielemans was dreadful and cost us the 3 points though. Time and time again he slowed down our counter-attacks by dwelling on the ball.

Thought that Perez was the only player who disappointed. Credit to Fuchs for a workmanlike performance and assisted the attack in the second half. Not sure why Schmeichel did a De Gea for their goal - wrong footed, when it was obviously he was only going to put the ball to his right. Soyuncu and Evans excellent in defence. Praet impressive. Ndidi everywhere - only one mistake -their goal.

Didn’t think it was a bad point at all. Wilf made a mistake early door which gave Chelsea some energy. We lost out way a little bit but hung on and eventually regained composure. Second half we were the better side. We still made one or two errors but on the whole we outplayed Chelsea at times at home, day what you want about their current situation they’re still a good team, and still have decent players and will still hurt teams. 

We could have won it, and in the end came out the better team. The difference was a mistake, cut those out and we will do well. I think Rodgers is setting out not to lose early on, get some points on the board get some cohesion and grown stronger as the games go bye.

I’m happy with a point at the bridge. 

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Soyuncu is fast becoming a firm favourite of mine. I always find myself routing for the underdog (I'm still waiting for Kelechi to come good :D) with so many so quick to write him off, I was willing him to come good. Only 2 games in, but he's looking a proper player right now. He's got a mistake in him, but that's the nature of a ball playing centre back. 

So far, so good and I'm proper happy that he's backed himself and the manager has backed him. 

I like to see that as well as the nice touches and passing he occasionally adopted the Robert Huth/Wes Morgan tactics of boot out as far as you can

After the disastrous opening spell and the cheap goal, we asserted ourselves and were by far the better team after the break. Seemed to me that Rodgers learned by putting Maddison in the middle rather than wide, which was the key. He had a great second 45, awful miss aside. 

Tielemans was disappointing today and perhaps might have given way instead of Hamza. The CBs looked solid on the whole, Ricardo was Ricardo, and Fuchs tremendous after the interval. 

Disappointed we didn't take all 3 points as we deserved them but we need to take our chances. Lots to be positive about. Think we will finish higher than Chelsea. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

19 minutes ago, somebum said:

Nice quote from the BBC website

"

Wilfred Ndidi was clearly still bothered about his first-half mistake in that interview.

He barely looked up from the floor and James Maddison stepped in to praise his teammate for his response in the second half."

Head up wilf, you learn from your mistakes it will make you even better

you could see from the goal celebrations that he must’ve been gutted at half time, every single player went over to put an arm round him and say yes bro. 

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

To be fair, that's the way the 1st half went. We lacked urgency and any real threat. We were too lacklustre. We looked off the pace and kind of half hearted in the high press. 

2nd half we seemed a different team, we changed our system slightly and in the end it paid off, could have been better but I reckon we'd have all taken the draw at 4:30 today

I understand that City struggled in the first half but FT had a melt down & every player was shite. Over reaction would be an under statement.

8 minutes ago, 49er said:

Thought that Perez was the only player who disappointed. Credit to Fuchs for a workmanlike performance and assisted the attack in the second half. Not sure why Schmeichel did a De Gea for their goal - wrong footed, when it was obviously he was only going to put the ball to his right. Soyuncu and Evans excellent in defence. Praet impressive. Ndidi everywhere - only one mistake -their goal.

No, I agree with Sampson; Tielemans had a mare.

We weren’t at the races at all in the first half, really disappointing following last week’s no show.

Second half was excellent, the movement off the ball was a million times better - Maddison went from a waste of a shirt to the best player on the pitch. With a bit of composure we’d have won by a couple of goals.

41 minutes ago, old koppite said:

I know, but the loudest bit is Harry Maguire, and I just thought they look confused when appaulding the fans. Plus better to sing a song about the club and move on from HM 

Yeah it's another chant I can't really get my head around. Also what is it with football fans singing about someone else's n*b lol

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

terrible

I largely agree but it was being sung in full force throughout the game and after it!

The only reason I don't like it is that it refers too much to Maguire who has now left us. In fact there's more reference to him than the actual player we are trying to get behind in the song! :facepalm:

• Like 1