Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Chelsea Away Post-Match thread

I think we should start with the XI that finished today on Saturday. So much better 2nd half, and all over them at the end. I still don’t think playing Ndidi & Choudhury together works. We were much better after the substitution. Great point, and to feel abit gutted not to come away with all 3 says a lot about our 2nd half performance. 

• Like 1

Rodgers obviously doesn't want to play Tielemans further back, that's why he got Praet. But that gives him a problem fitting Tielemans and Maddison in same team, only way I can see is a diamond. Maddison can be a threat from the inside left, we just have to work on it and get him the space. I would stick with it for a bit longer, works better against teams that are open though. 

Second half was much better but with diamond formation I still don’t think we create many clear cut chances... but hey ho let’s hope it gets better as season goes on. 

But so far only been impressed with 45 mins, got to be quicker from the off. Puels team started every game so slowly / were passive, hope we don’t get back into that habit

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Shoddy first half.

But my word how good was we 2nd half.

49 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Never seen such a contrast on first and second half performances.

15 minutes ago, smr said:

Abysmal first half. 

Tremendous second half.

That hideous pink kit    itsagirl.JPG.52efe4f24b55ef033b479a2e7763bff7.JPG   instantly drains all male hormones out of any man wearing it. 

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Did they have a tin of spinach at half time, fantastic second half

It wasn’t spinach mate.  testost.JPG.e03da5eb637c5f591f13102e03975c7b.JPG  Thank god the training staff were prepared.

Please can we bin that kit and never speak of it again.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

When it clicks we will slap someone four or five without reply. 

I feel this too. 

Brendan's teams aren't known for a lack of goals. It will come.

We've not played anyone shit yet 

Edited by Stevosevic

A fantastic chance to earn three points, but all in all I'm just pleased with the performance. At half-time I was getting a bit concerned, as it was much the same as the Wolves match.

I think it's the sort of performance that could kick us on over the next couple of matches. The players will have gained a lot of confidence from outplaying a team that finished 3rd last season on their own turf, but they'll also be desperate to get the first win on the board.

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Goal would stand.

Players are instructed not to just 'stop playing' just because there's a flag gone up. Play to the whistle still stands as that unwritten rule.

If the ref has blown his whistle, play stops.

If there's no whistle and play carries on, flag or no flag, then players stopping isn't an excuse to have the goal disallowed :) 

think the referee did blow the whistle though therefore Chelsea stopped playing.

I could be wrong but in that scenario where does the situation stand.

10 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Disagree. The loudest part of the whole chant is the first two lines of ‘Harry Maguire’.

He’s gone, let it go, move on. 

Only because it's a new chant and people don't know the words.

I agree that we ought to move on from Maguire, but it's the last line that makes that chant ****ing horrendous.

13 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Got to say that’s pretty awesome by Maddison in that interview. I’m not his biggest fan personality wise . But he proper cane to Ndidi’s aid there good on him 

Definitely. 

Can't not love that. 

Really feel for Ndidi but what Maddison said was right - put it behind you, what's done is done and gotta do your best to put it right and play better in the 2nd half, which is exactly what was done.

• Like 1

For clubs Rodgers has managed(excepting Celtic) its always been a bit of a struggle in the beginning of seasons.  Its not like flipping on your stereo full blast and turning it off at the end of the season. More like climbing a mountain and trying to stay at the peak for as long(players fitness) as possible.

Been waiting three years to see a Rodgers team play at that intensity. The only thing that's not there for me is the finishing and attacking or the final third. The hardest thing to coach. There were several times when our midfield was one touch away from a scoring chance in the first half that would have totally changed the match. So moan and complain all you want but the goals will come. So happy to see the mental strength of this club come together. The X factor.

Edited by SO1

What is it with us and starting games asleep?! We were the same under Puel last season!!

Anyway, scrap the first 15 mins, we played well in the 1st half without creating much but shut out there play. In the 2nd half there was only ever going to be one winner. We created plenty of clear cut chances and really Madders should have won us that game with his chance. Vards missed a couple of half decent chances too. Also, we got into a shed load of great positions but we couldnt time the run or the pass. Im sure that crispness will come with a few more games but I was screaming at the telly when we constantly looked to have an easy through ball for a one on one but fluffed the pass. We created loads more than Match Day 1 and I expect us to keep improving with fitness.

Overall Id say 7.5 out of 10 for the performance and bossed a top 6 contender on their own patch for an hour. 

• Like 1

Cracking second half. Carved Chelsea up time and again. Just poor decision making for the final balls prevented us from a deserved 3 points. If I could pose one small criticism it would have been the delay in bringing on a wide man. Albrighton or Barnes should have come on earlier. I'm convinced that would have spread Chelsea further and led to more (perhaps better) chances. Well played Maddison.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Only because it's a new chant and people don't know the words.

I agree that we ought to move on from Maguire, but it's the last line that makes that chant ****ing horrendous.

Think they just wanted to respond to United’s new chant for Harry, the “fvcked off Leicester for Manchester” one.

We need a new one to the same tune that focuses on Soyuncu while keeping in Maguire’s name as well as a reference to male genitalia for those seemingly obsessed with those two things.

Cag-lar Soyuncu

Cag-lar Soyuncu

A better defender than Maguire

His balls are fvcking massive

(Someone can do better than that I’m sure)