Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Chelsea Away Post-Match thread

Missed the first half. We were majestic in the second half.

Missed a few great chances which is disappointing but given Chelsea's dominance in the first you gotta say that's a good result.

Maddison outstanding. Fuchs rolling back the years.

We will go again! :scarf:

Phew. Much better second half, certainly from 60' onwards!

Praet looks interesting. Have a funny feeling he'll do well.

Big shame Maddison missed as you'd expect him to put that away, but he gave it everything that half.

You could tell how close we were to winning it from the reaction of our players at full time. They knew they could win it! Just needed that one touch to finish it off...

Take that 2nd half into Sheff United and I'll be pleased.

2 minutes ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

The levels of hysteria in that match thread at going 1-0 down were pathetic, even for FT standards.

Eh, I don't think it was so much us going down a goal as it was us looking like a relegated Championship side playing out the season. 

Hopefully we can relax into the season now - terrible start to the match, but we clearly showed we have a great team. It was always going to be a tough one with it being Lampard's first home match. 

Dennis looks quality. 

Tielemans will be fine - but he will mainly benefit us when playing against the more defensive sides. 

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Superb performance that from 10 of our players and we should have won!

Tielemans was dreadful and cost us the 3 points though. Time and time again he slowed down our counter-attacks by dwelling on the ball.

Same as Maddison but he improved a lot in the last 20 mins.

Tielemans should have come off instead of Perez, whom I thought got better towards the end.

Fvcking Awesome . Left everything on the field. True men. This match is worth more to our club than most will understand.

Fought for everything up and down the pitch. So happy to see this.

Mixed feelings, we could and should have won with the opportunities we created in the 2nd but equally could and should have been buried in the 1st half.

1st half we were awful, I’d go as far as saying we were boring under Puel but not sure we played as badly under him (Please understand this isn’t calling Rodgers and if anything a compliment to Puel)

As I said in the match thread ****ing about at the back, I’m sick of it - the problem isn’t exclusive to us, every team does it, apparently ‘it’s the way to play football’, it’s ****ing shit.

2nd far more encouraging albeit I feel due to Chelsea being tired.

Think there were a few players out there today who need a big kick up the backsides though.

Soyuncu looked fairly solid again :thumbup:

End product let us down but that 2nd was encouraging. Got to make sure we play like that next week and we I'll get our first win. Chelsea fast start set us back and we struggled for the rest of the half. Apart from first 10 Chelsea offered nothing. Can't continue to be so wasteful though. Liked what I saw of Praet too. 

Take that.