Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Chelsea Away Post-Match thread

1 hour ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

The levels of hysteria in that match thread at going 1-0 down were pathetic, even for FT standards.

I mean, yes, but that opening 20 minutes was utterly atrocious. Against a decent side we'd have lost the game there and then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Fair comment Mike, I myself was getting frustrated with Fuchs but what I'm getting at is that I wasn't venting this on the match day thread because I understood it was his 3rd or so start in a year and for 20mins Chelsea playing at home would be all over us, as we were Wolves last week although we didn't have the penetration Chelsea had & once things calm down things level out.

I was taken aback with how complementary Souness of all people was about us at the end of the game and he hit the nail on the head, football starts 15-20mins into a game, it did in his day and still does today, you can argue we needed to match the intensity from the off but you can also argue that if you do try and match that you have the potential to lose your head and make stupid tackles as you run around like a headless chicken trying to keep up and potential take a needless red, maybe it's just best to just keep your shape and see out that mad start And once the adrenaline wares off the home side will start to flag and the physiological advantage shifts.

Back to game time comments I know not everyone is cup half full but it's the manner of the swing in comments, Madders should be dragged off he is dog toffee too Madders is the next 100-150m player...it's those comments I mainly refer too + the misunderstanding that going 1 nil down in the 1st 10mins makes us a shite team that's lost the game already despite 80mins+ to play.

For me, the disappointing thing about the first half was the lack of anything good. We had one blocked shot, not dissimilar to how we were v Wolves. 

Second half we got at them. 11 shots. The most by an away team since our own performance there in 2016 according to Sky. 

I accept we can’t be good all of the time but we were so far below in that first half that criticism was inevitable and justified IMO. 

I’m sure at the end of the day we all want the same thing :thumbup: 

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

For me, the disappointing thing about the first half was the lack of anything good. We had one blocked shot, not dissimilar to how we were v Wolves. 

Second half we got at them. 11 shots. The most by an away team since our own performance there in 2016 according to Sky. 

I accept we can’t be good all of the time but we were so far below in that first half that criticism was inevitable and justified IMO. 

I’m sure at the end of the day we all want the same thing :thumbup: 

We sure do fella :cheers:

25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

HARRY MAGUIRE,
HARRY MAGUIRE,
WE DON'T NEED YOU,
WE'VE GOT SOYUNCU,
HIS COCK'S ****ING MASSIVE!

Singing it to Soyuncu at the end, and I've never seen a player look more confused in my life!

That’s absolutely terrible.

The amount of good songs we have that never get going and then an away end belts that turd out at the first opportunity. 

Our fans never fail to amaze me - League 1 standard at best. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brooksy said:

Not convinced Maddison was offside at the end there. Anyone got a clip cos sky refused to show it?

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I thought this.

Then the commentators said VAR were looking at it, so my question is if VAR looked at it and it came back as not offside, what happens then?

We'd have been screwed out of a goal, you'd say they can't let it stand because the referee blew up so Chelsea 'stopped playing'.

I'm not saying it was/wasn't just asking as i'm not sure what the call would be or how it would be rectified and I think it will happen at some point.

Edited by Matt

16 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Win or lose, we’ll look the absolute bollocks in that pink kit this season. 

Yep.

But who the fvck wants to look like a bright pink bollock? Worst. Kit. Ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

That’s absolutely terrible.

The amount of good songs we have that never get going and then an away end belts that turd out at the first opportunity. 

Our fans never fail to amaze me - League 1 standard at best. 

It's not bad until the last line.

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Lack of goals from open play is concerning, last season and start of this one, considering how good we can look at times. Can't continue to be so wasteful with the final pass or finish. Fingers crossed it will click. 

When it clicks we will slap someone four or five without reply. 

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Then the commentators said VAR were looking at it, so my question is if VAR looked at it and it came back as not offside, what happens then?

We'd have been screwed out of a goal, you'd say they can't let it stand because the referee blew up so Chelsea 'stopped playing'.

I'm not saying it was/wasn't just asking as i'm not sure what the call would be or how it would be rectified and I think it will happen at some point.

Goal would stand.

Players are instructed not to just 'stop playing' just because there's a flag gone up. Play to the whistle still stands as that unwritten rule.

If the ref has blown his whistle, play stops.

If there's no whistle and play carries on, flag or no flag, then players stopping isn't an excuse to have the goal disallowed :) 

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Any point a Stamford bridge is a good one, but that's the worse Chelsea side  I've seen in a long time! 

I have no doubts after today that we are better than them ....one of those where you think it's a good point at the time - then later in the season realise it was a gimme.

Still, after today the season can begin. It takes two games to get going. And we've had two tough ish games to.open with

Listened on the way back from Bristol. Sounded like we got pounded first 20 minutes. Chelsea coming out of the blocks all guns blazing so we also sounded fortunate to only concede 1 goal.

Tempered the pressure up to half-time then took control, in Pat Nevin's* eyes right until full-time. We had better chances in the second half, controlled the midfield and Maddison sounded like he missed a sitter. Choudhury sounded like he had another solid game as a defensive midfielder. Ndidi making up for the mistake with the equaliser. Maddison constantly sounded as if he had acres of space between Chelsea's defence and midfield which is surprising considering Kante & Jorginho were on the pitch most of the match. 

Happy with a point despite the lack of a winner, given the context of how the game started. 2 games and 2 points. Time to kick on the next couple of games (Sheff Utd & Bournemouth) which won't be easy. Sheff Utd I feel will be underestimated by a lot of fans who think they're just a hoof-ball, route-one kind of side but under Wilder they're anything but. 

*Regarding Nevin, I thought his and Alistair Bruce-Ball's commentary was brilliant on BBC Five Live. Despite Nevin's links with Chelsea he was praising and critical of them (and Leicester) in equal measure and made for a good, rational commentary on what at times sounded like an end-to-end game. Very praising of Mount and likewise of Choudhury & Maddison. Tactically-speaking, Nevin is one of the best. He was also constructively critical of Lampard. About 10 minutes before our goal, he suggested Lampard make a change to the midfield because it clearly wasn't working any more and players were getting jaded/fatigued (also suggested taking Pedro and/or Pulisic off. As it happens, no changes made, we scored and then Lampard decides to make a chance. And despite the criticism, he wasn't scathing of Lampard. Just played it down to inexperience. 

34 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Look at Ndidi! I feel like I want to hug the guy!

I think it's good that he and Maddison know they could do better and see this as points dropped rather than gained I think that's a healthy approach for the team to have.

Got to say that’s pretty awesome by Maddison in that interview. I’m not his biggest fan personality wise . But he proper came to Ndidi’s aid there good on him 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Cujek

Abysnal first half. 

Players on the wings who aren't wingers, 2 x defensive midfielders stifling creativity, a 5'8 striker competing with giant defenders in the air. 

Only positive was we somehow managed to go in only 1 down. 

Second half we pulled in madders and perez and played through the middle, Praet brought a new energy to the game, Albrighton was sharp. 

In the end was unlucky not to win, madders should have buried it. 

No 2 x defensive midfielders against Sheffield, start Praet alongside Tielemans, stop with the winger tactics, unless you are going to play wingers.