Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Chelsea Away Post-Match thread

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

HARRY MAGUIRE,
HARRY MAGUIRE,
WE DON'T NEED YOU,
WE'VE GOT SOYUNCU,
HIS COCK'S ****ING MASSIVE!

Singing it to Soyuncu at the end, and I've never seen a player look more confused in my life!

Yeah, time to move on. 

Cags needs a song about him. It would help if he had a more rhymable name. 

• Like 1

I shouldn't be surprised how some of our fans love to concentrate on a poor performance such as Tielemans. We've seen enough of the lad to say he's absolute quality but he just didn't have a great game today. Still made a couple of beautiful passes to Perez and Ricky P. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I largely agree but it was being sung in full force throughout the game and after it!

The only reason I don't like it is that it refers too much to Maguire who has now left us. In fact there's more reference to him than the actual player we are trying to get behind in the song! :facepalm:

exactly, its shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Always happy with a point at the Bridge

Started crap but played well 2nd half

Undefeated but don’t like the system we’re playing

Fuchs has still got it

The pink kit is shite

Best kit we’ve ever had.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Brilliant 2nd half. So much more intensity. 1st 30 mins, way too passive, Rodgers needs to look into that as happened too often under Puel.

Bit more composure in final third, could of had a few goals. Maddison superb, liked the look of Praet too.

Perez Poor. Hopefully just finding his feet and what’s required in the system. Can’t help but thinking it’s not his position, is better as central striker.

also, did we sign tielemens brother in the summer ?! Very poor and sloppy today

You can look at it two ways, we genuinely did deserve to win so it’s disappointing that we didn’t. But, we didn’t lose and once again we outplayed a top 6 side. I’m on the optimistic bus and can see us taking their top 6 spot this season! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Always happy with a point at the Bridge

Started crap but played well 2nd half

Undefeated but don’t like the system we’re playing

Fuchs has still got it

The pink kit is shite

I was thinking about getting the sponsorship and adidas branding tattooed on my torso to save the cost of buying a shirt

• Haha 1

The last half hour was a great advert for the EPL. What an entertaining second half. I know some folk will be disappointed but Wolves and Chelsea will both be challenging for top 6 and for long periods we outplayed both of them. Slow start and a few mistakes but still a young team and still a fairly new manager. We at least showed very good character and it was fine margins second half. We just couldn't quite find the final ball but you could see it was almost there. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

We were shit in the first half and following a bland performance v Wolves it’s hardly surprising that there were plenty of negative comments 

The match thread is to discuss the game as it progresses and the forum is the means to express opinions which may be different and diverse 

A match thread full of positive comments after that first half would have been a bit weird

And when we started to put it together the comments rightly reflected that 

Fair comment Mike, I myself was getting frustrated with Fuchs but what I'm getting at is that I wasn't venting this on the match day thread because I understood it was his 3rd or so start in a year and for 20mins Chelsea playing at home would be all over us, as we were Wolves last week although we didn't have the penetration Chelsea had & once things calm down things level out.

I was taken aback with how complementary Souness of all people was about us at the end of the game and he hit the nail on the head, football starts 15-20mins into a game, it did in his day and still does today, you can argue we needed to match the intensity from the off but you can also argue that if you do try and match that you have the potential to lose your head and make stupid tackles as you run around like a headless chicken trying to keep up and potential take a needless red, maybe it's just best to just keep your shape and see out that mad start And once the adrenaline wares off the home side will start to flag and the physiological advantage shifts.

Back to game time comments I know not everyone is cup half full but it's the manner of the swing in comments, Madders should be dragged off he is dog toffee too Madders is the next 100-150m player...it's those comments I mainly refer too + the misunderstanding that going 1 nil down in the 1st 10mins makes us a shite team that's lost the game already despite 80mins+ to play.

4 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Big mention for Fuchs. One for the challenge on Kante who had a tap in at 1-0, and in the second for getting up and down the left with great effect. He's such an intelligent footballer, and a perfect back up. 

His physicality seemed to be infectious with the other players

Get ultra tight, stick your leg round the corner and poke it away ...grappling the oppo player down aftwrt you do it.

• Like 1