Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

TBH I'd rather keep him on the bench tonight. Maybe give him 30 mins at the weekend and then unleash the beast next week. 

If Rodgers and the backroom staff says he could be back then it's beyond me why so many would prefer to leave him out till next week.

Unless of course they're all members of the backroom staff. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If Rodgers and the backroom staff says he could be back then it's beyond me why so many would prefer to leave him out till next week.

Unless of course they're all members of the backroom staff. 

Because if it's a choice of putting our best team out tonight or next week, for me it's hands down next week. Worst outcome possible is rushing him back tonight and him getting injured again. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because if it's a choice of putting our best team out tonight or next week, for me it's hands down next week. Worst outcome possible is rushing him back tonight and him getting injured again. 

Why is it a choice between this week or next week? Why not put out our strongest for both if they're fit?

As I alluded to, Rodgers and the backroom staff have more idea of whether he's capable of playing tonight than you or I.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Who on God's green earth has a knee operation and then plays premier league football two weeks later lol

Reminds me of Tyson Fury getting knocked down by Deontay Wilder with a right cross that put him down and hit with a left hook on the way down. Then Fury gets up and bosses the round after everyone thought the fight was over.

That's our Wilf. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why is it a choice between this week or next week? Why not put out our strongest for both if they're fit?

As I alluded to, Rodgers and the backroom staff have more idea of whether he's capable of playing tonight than you or I.

I'm 100% confident that if there is still fitness doubts over Ndidi he won't play tonight and if there isn't any doubts then gerrimminnn.

• Like 2

Bit wary about this.

Do we risk him against a relatively poor side? Our next 3 league games are Chelsea, Wolves and Man City.

We won at their place without him.

The flip side of the coin is that we're in dire form and need a lift, he'd definitely give us that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Bit wary about this.

Do we risk him against a relatively poor side? Our next 3 league games are Chelsea, Wolves and Man City.

The flip side of the coin is that we're in dire form and need a lift, he'd definitely give us that.

It's a simple equation, if he's fit to play then play him. If there are doubts then don't. 

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's a simple equation, if he's fit to play then play him. If there are doubts then don't. 

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

But what if they are very very small doubts ...

Exactly. I don't expect he'll play if there are big doubts but would they risk it if there are minor doubts?

43 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Bit wary about this.

Might be a case of leaving it to Chowder or Mendy tonight and if it ain't going to plan then time for IRONMAN.

Frankly, Wilf has been incredible...

- Made his debut about 2 days after joining from Genk (vs Everton in the FA Cup);

- Missed all preseason after AFCON and his wedding, and started first game of the season; 

- Now he’s just had a knee operation (albeit minor) and apparently set to go 2 weeks later.

>

Edited by NaijaFox