Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

Don`t panic, this is Ndidi related

The Tifo Football podcast (Which I love, but I suspect thats because of Joe's voice....)

The bit in here from Seb talks about Wilf (around 30 mins) and how good a player he is, and despite playing in different positions, how much more important and beneficial he is than Maddison

(No sh*t Sherlock)

1 hour ago, mabrah said:

My answer, with regard to Ndidi, is somewhere on the scale between 'makes no difference' to 'vitally important', but probably closer to the latter than the former. 

If not on the wind up this surely means you've not watched us for the last 12 months? He's vitally important, he wins the ball he's physical, he makes interceptions he helps at set pieces at both ends, and his play WITH the ball has been brilliant this season too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

If not on the wind up this surely means you've not watched us for the last 12 months? 

No wind up and I have been watching. I think you might have misinterpreted what I wrote, I said he's closer to vital than unimportant.  

20 minutes ago, mabrah said:

No wind up and I have been watching. I think you might have misinterpreted what I wrote, I said he's closer to vital than unimportant.  

Yes there's no scale that starts at makes no difference the scale should start at nailed on 1st teamer and end at irreplaceable. 

2 hours ago, st martin said:

Do people really think that one player can change the fortunes of a poor Leicester side ? Ndidi was part of the team that got whacked by Liverpool and Man City and whilst he would add some improvement against lesser sides, he is not the answer to our prayers. 

I've seen a lot of poor Leicester side, this is not one of them! 

Pretty sure with him in the side we don't lose to Southampton or Burnley.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I've seen a lot of poor Leicester side, this is not one of them! 

Pretty sure with him in the side we don't lose to Southampton or Burnley.

Absolutely, he's key to our supposed style of play. One man depending on opposition can certainly make a difference, rather like Kante did for us. You only have to ask how many times this season Wilf has either been our man man of the match or runner up to see how important he is too us. With Wilf in the side on Saturday arguably Burnley's second goal would have been snuffed out in it's early developmental stage by him, as it was, Tielemans stood by with his finger up his arse with Maddison not too much better. 

• Like 1

Great news.  I am sure that he will not be risked if he is not fully recovered. we are not that desperate that we would take that chance, and i am sure that the medical team will have the final say. Maybe a few minutes towards the end for sharpness maybe.

Considering he ws supposed to be out for up to six weeks and has undergone a surgical procedure on his Knee it just goes to prove that he really is a machine. maybe all he needed was a couple of bolts tightening and an oil change. We should start calling him RoboWilf.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I am sure that he will not be risked if he is not fully recovered. we are not that desperate that we would take that chance, and i am sure that the medical team will have the final say.

I figure you're right. It's not even worth a risk (if it were to be one) so I'm sure everyone will be sensible..... :unsure:

He has been a loss to the team no doubt given that he's our best performer over the course of the season. An 8 out of 10 most games.

I'd be wary of bringing him back too early if it risks potential long term problems. Also he might not turn our fortunes around like everyone hopes. We had the same thinking when Kante left and we hit a major slump 3 years ago. Would like the collective to start putting us on the right track.

• Like 1

Brendan Rodgers has revealed how "colossal player" Wilfred Ndidi is poised to face West Ham, just 13 days after a knee operation.

Ndidi is in line to make a swift return from injury on Wednesday night with Leicester manager Rodgers admitting the Nigeria international's importance to his Champions League qualification mission cannot be overestimated.

Leicester have not won in the three games Ndidi has missed since he underwent knee surgery after damaging his meniscus in training. The initial diagnosis was that the 23-year-old could miss up to six weeks.

But the defensive midfielder has made an excellent recovery and is likely to be included in the squad to face West Ham.

Rodgers said: "He is so valuable to us and if we had been playing an FA Cup final a few days ago, he would probably have played. "He's made an incredible recovery and he's just a machine, a real colossal player. There will have been other players who unfortunately, genetically, won't have got through it and had other issues.

"He gives a lot of the talent in the team that chance to express himself because of the ground that he covers. He's like having two players."

No way he’s playing, he’s not in Sean’s lineup.

The thing about N’didi is how effortless he makes that role look.  He doesn’t particularly read the game well going forward, but he’s superb at doing so defensively.  You just have to watch him play the holding role and compare it to Choudhury.  He runs around like a berserker because he’s always reacting and trying to catch up, while Wilf seems to effortlessly glide into position before the play ever gets to him.

• Like 3