Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

I know he's a good player and we'll miss him, but it's why we have a squad. Its only a couple weeks, if it was any longer I'd be worried, but if can't cope with losing one player for a couple of weeks we've got problems.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know he's a good player and we'll miss him, but it's why we have a squad. Its only a couple weeks, if it was any longer I'd be worried, but if can't cope with losing one player for a couple of weeks we've got problems.

Don't think we see him until after the early feb break .... that’s 23 days and seven games inc tonight ......

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

He took a nasty stamp on the foot area in the last game probably the cause of this it looked nasty at the time but he just got on with it

Already been said it happened in training yesterday.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Crutches?

what minor injury requires crutches ?

mind games from Brendan as we look to loan someone in ??  Love a conspiracy theory ! 

Plenty? Minor strain of anything in the knee and you shouldn't weight bare. Footballers are going to be told to take extra precautions compared to a member of the general public.

Just a question for anybody that knows about this kind of thing, but is an injury lay off the same as having a rest, ie if you're out injured for two weeks, is it restorative like being rested for two weeks or does it not work like that?

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

What would be your educated guess on the injury? What is a slight knock that requires surgery? 

On 5Live it was a lateral meniscus tear, op tommorow, out until Feb according to Brendan. Done in a 1 to 1 in training on Tuesday.

Heard Rodgers say Ndidi has a meniscus tear. The surgeon goes in arthroscopically and shaves a bit of cartilage--that's it. I had it done for a football injury when I was in my 30's. I was walking the next day and training again in two weeks. Doesn't really affect the functioning of the knee. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIzlUDz6Nc

Edited by Pete from the USA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Big blow this especially with so many bloody games coming up, but good that Choudhury seemed in good nick yesterday and hopefully he will get a few starts. Also made the decision to give Mendy a couple of games look even better in hindsight.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1